Zimmer, Vikings will remain patient with Patterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Zimmer, Vikings will remain patient with Patterson

Post by mansquatch »

I think there is something up with him health wise. His return game has fallen off considerably this year as well. That is a much more individual thing in that all he needs to do is field the ball and go. He is not nearly as explosive as he was last year doing this. I'm sure some of it is NFL teams adjusting to him, but that can't be the whole story.

I think the quote from Zimmer somewhere earlier in this thread about CP being "young" is still probably the most telling. Posting on twitter like he has been is a sign of immaturity.

All we can do is wait. The Coaching staff is obviously communicating to him that whatever he is doing is not enough.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Fallen off? People act like he was the NFC player of the month. Pro bowler for something other than kick returns. He had a handful of nice games to end the season. Only one of which was anything to write home about. You have to adjust your entire offense to try and make use of his talents. It's clear at this point that it isn't worth it. He just got benched for a guy we signed off a practice squad. The guy has value right now, possibly more value than he'll ever have again. Now is the time to move him. "He can score from anywhere!". Not from the bench he can't. He's a one trick pony, once teams got film on him, they shut him down. Unless we plan on bringing in an offensive staff that is willing to overhaul their entire offense around a non-WR "athlete", it's a waste of time having him here.

And the line about getting along with the coach? Anyone remember Percy Harvin and how there wasn't an issue? Media overblown. He never threw a punch? This is more of the same. Patterson has issues, or we wouldn't be discussing this. Much less for as long as we have. If they can get a solid offer for him this offseason, I hope they take it, and get someone in here who can play the position. We had the same discussion about Harvin when the rumor came up, and a number of fans wanted to keep Harvin because of how amazing a playmaker he is, can score from anywhere. How'd that work out in Seattle and now New York?
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Just a thought. If Peterson was running the ball, would that give Patterson better opportunities, or is he just not cutting it?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:Fallen off? People act like he was the NFC player of the month. Pro bowler for something other than kick returns. He had a handful of nice games to end the season. Only one of which was anything to write home about. You have to adjust your entire offense to try and make use of his talents. It's clear at this point that it isn't worth it. He just got benched for a guy we signed off a practice squad. The guy has value right now, possibly more value than he'll ever have again. Now is the time to move him. "He can score from anywhere!". Not from the bench he can't. He's a one trick pony, once teams got film on him, they shut him down. Unless we plan on bringing in an offensive staff that is willing to overhaul their entire offense around a non-WR "athlete", it's a waste of time having him here.

And the line about getting along with the coach? Anyone remember Percy Harvin and how there wasn't an issue? Media overblown. He never threw a punch? This is more of the same. Patterson has issues, or we wouldn't be discussing this. Much less for as long as we have. If they can get a solid offer for him this offseason, I hope they take it, and get someone in here who can play the position. We had the same discussion about Harvin when the rumor came up, and a number of fans wanted to keep Harvin because of how amazing a playmaker he is, can score from anywhere. How'd that work out in Seattle and now New York?
He has issues?? Why?? do you watch practice? Are you behind the scenes seeing everything go down?? He is not Percy Harvin. Your post is actually pretty overblown to be honest. You're contradicting yourself....you say he has value right now but then you say trade him because he's basically useless. Ok then how does he have value?? You literally have no patience for anybody. Weren't you one calling Floyd a bust, calling out Rhodes if I can remember, on Teddys case non stop?? Yet you thought Aaron Murray was worth a 2nd round pick. I'm sure glad you aren't a GM in this league because you have no patience and don't allow any time for players to develop.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri