Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Young Theodore Bridgewater

Post by mmvikes »

maembe wrote: Same with Linebacker:
Barr, Mosely, Mack, and Shazier all played at a really high level.
Ended up being a good year for us to draft a QB too.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Someone on Reddit took the time to break down some plays Teddy made this past season. It is really worth the time if you have it!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2q ... idgewater/

Teddy has the ability to be great. It is on management now to make sure they surround him with more talent.
808vikingsfan posted a link to that in the Vikes/Dolphins game thread but I think most fans here may have missed it. It's definitely a good read but I encourage anyone who reads it to also watch the plays and draw your own conclusions. Mine differed from the writer's on some plays and I suspect some of you will find the same thing.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

It's pretty nice to be excited about our QB spot, instead of dreading it. Been a long time for me.

I wonder what we will do for backups. I assume (and pray) #7 will be gone, I wonder if Cassel will as well? I don't know his contract info, or if he will be able to even play after his injury, but it would be nice to keep him around. Who would be the 3rd? Devlin? The Vikes have to change their thinking over the past decade, and put more thought into developing Qbs.

Having Webb and MBT on the roster so long wasn't a good idea. I like Webb. But I wouldn't have kept him in as our 3rd QB (unless desperate, and the other Qbs were hurt, and we needed a 3rd asap). MBT, it didn't look like the Vikes had any idea of what he could do. It was wasted time.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:It's pretty nice to be excited about our QB spot, instead of dreading it. Been a long time for me.

I wonder what we will do for backups. I assume (and pray) #7 will be gone, I wonder if Cassel will as well? I don't know his contract info, or if he will be able to even play after his injury, but it would be nice to keep him around. Who would be the 3rd? Devlin? The Vikes have to change their thinking over the past decade, and put more thought into developing Qbs.
There have been reports in the media that Cassel will remain under contract as the primary backup.
Having Webb and MBT on the roster so long wasn't a good idea. I like Webb. But I wouldn't have kept him in as our 3rd QB (unless desperate, and the other Qbs were hurt, and we needed a 3rd asap). MBT, it didn't look like the Vikes had any idea of what he could do. It was wasted time.
I think they absolutely had an idea of what he could do... it just wasn't enough for him to ever move up the depth chart or to justify keeping him any on the roster any longer.

Master Tesfatsion of the Star Tribune wrote the following in a Q&A article yesterday:

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... priorities
I don’t think the Vikings will have three quarterbacks on the roster next season. Bridgewater is the starting quarterback, while Matt Cassel will be a capable backup option if Bridgewater gets hurt. The NFL expanded practice squad rosters last year, so it’s likely that the Vikings will just keep a third quarterback on the practice squad and use the extra roster spot for depth at another position.
I hope he's wrong about that. I hate the idea of the team carrying just two QBs on the roster with a third relegated to the practice squad. If the #3 QB can be left unprotected from other teams on the practice squad then he's not the #3 prospect I want for the Vikings. They need to treat their depth chart at the QB position more seriously.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I couldn't agree with you more. Not having a 3rd string QB, safe, on the roster, sound like a terrible choice. They wont spend any quality time on a QB that could be with any other team at the drop of a hat. Wonder why the 3rd string QB spot really hasn't been revenant here lately, when it has burned us before.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I couldn't agree with you more. Not having a 3rd string QB, safe, on the roster, sound like a terrible choice. They wont spend any quality time on a QB that could be with any other team at the drop of a hat. Wonder why the 3rd string QB spot really hasn't been revenant here lately, when it has burned us before.

Short-sighted management.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwriGLk ... e=youtu.be

Teddy's official Vikings highlight video. Awesome video!! Makes me hate Skip Bayless more than I already did.

....another one here made by the same person. More highlights in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4wTlXz62Q
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Someone on Reddit took the time to break down some plays Teddy made this past season. It is really worth the time if you have it!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2q ... idgewater/

Teddy has the ability to be great. It is on management now to make sure they surround him with more talent.
Holy crap. That's a lot of fun. I could watch this stuff all day.

Thanks for posting!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... a5fa97a940

Man, the view of Teddy's TD to Jennings vs Miami on this tape was sweet. That ball was a dart.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote:
I hope he's wrong about that. I hate the idea of the team carrying just two QBs on the roster with a third relegated to the practice squad. If the #3 QB can be left unprotected from other teams on the practice squad then he's not the #3 prospect I want for the Vikings. They need to treat their depth chart at the QB position more seriously.

4 words for you: Un cle Ri co
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Hey Mods, i'd like to know why my post are being deleted? Have i offended someone?

Please, i'd like to know.

:x
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwriGLk ... e=youtu.be

Teddy's official Vikings highlight video. Awesome video!! Makes me hate Skip Bayless more than I already did.

....another one here made by the same person. More highlights in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4wTlXz62Q
Haters, I encourage anyone who watches these highlights to also watch the plays and draw your own conclusions.
I'm posting again what has been deleted!!! If anyone has issues with my post, let me know! :steamed:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Lol @ Uncle Rico
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Lol @ Uncle Rico
There's no doubt in my mind that he could be had for a case of Omaha Steaks and a box of breast enlargement cream. No doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

A.D_blazing wrote: I'm posting again what has been deleted!!! If anyone has issues with my post, let me know! :steamed:
I deleted it. You were obviously baiting and I've had enough of the divisive "haters", "apologists", "good fan/bad fan" stuff.