Site Banner

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Which Banner Do You Choose?

Purple People Eaters
23%
Vikings HOF Memebers
37%
Patterson/Smith
26%
Carter/Moss
14%

Total votes: 35

nightowl
Career Elite Player

Re: Site Banner

Post by nightowl »

DKSweets wrote:Well, as of today the HOF members are winning by a large margin. I think Mothman can begin on the banner if he wants (or if we need to find somebody else, that's fine), but it would be awesome if we could have it up by Thursday's game. I could do it myself as well (I made my signature, for reference) but I also know I'm not the best and I would be using Gimp to make it.

For consideration: Smith/Patterson got second place, and a lot of people wanted current players, too. Maybe do both (one on each side)? It's all up to you, man!

A combination sounds cool. Maybe even a Vikings timeline featuring players from multiple eras in chronological order?
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

something i put together quick in 15 minutes or so, its sloppy lol

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

another quick version. Thinking of putting doleman, millard and marshall on the other side.

"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This, obviously, has been forgotten by quite a few people.

As beautiful as the stock image at the top is, we really probably should get something Vikings related up there.

Using the image specifications from the old AD image that glg shared, I mocked this up tonight:

And put together, it would look something like this, depending on your resolution:

I'm not going to point out the flaws, but I'm aware of a few issues with it. I also didn't go with the HOF members because, honestly, I didn't feel like doing that much work. I'm not going to be upset at all if my banners aren't chosen, but I thought this would be the best way to breathe life into this thread and hopefully get the ball rolling (seriously, we NEED some new banners by free agency).
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Millard, Doleman, Randle, and Noga..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Are you talking AL or Niko? :thumbsup: :confused: jk
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DKSweets wrote:This, obviously, has been forgotten by quite a few people.

As beautiful as the stock image at the top is, we really probably should get something Vikings related up there.

Using the image specifications from the old AD image that glg shared, I mocked this up tonight:

And put together, it would look something like this, depending on your resolution:

I'm not going to point out the flaws, but I'm aware of a few issues with it. I also didn't go with the HOF members because, honestly, I didn't feel like doing that much work. I'm not going to be upset at all if my banners aren't chosen, but I thought this would be the best way to breathe life into this thread and hopefully get the ball rolling (seriously, we NEED some new banners by free agency).
Love these Dakota
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

More input?
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

They look fantastic to me!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Me too.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I appreciate the kind words, guys!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it and think they look great.

Edited my post, I just saw that you actually already set up the images to the right size, fixing.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Also, if you're taking requests, could you match the black background to the actual color of the site? It's slightly off black.

According to color picker it's actually #272727 and not #000000 like the main banner at the top.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

When I uploaded your images the sizing was all weird. I cut up your larger image to make what's up there.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote:When I uploaded your images the sizing was all weird. I cut up your larger image to make what's up there.

I just want to say that it was really nice to open the site and see some of our guys up there. Looks good, thanks for doing the work guys.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I like the banners a lot. If they could be cleaned up a little to fit the upper screens that would be perfect.

But that is nitpicking. Congrats and good work DKSweets!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.