Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Why does Teddy Bridgewater get the start over Matt Cassel?

Matt Plays himself out of the job
41%
Matt gets injured (Fingers crossed that he stays healthy)
18%
Zimmer decides Ted is ready, entering the 2015 season
30%
Matt keeps the job for the indefinite future
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

Post by Mothman »

[quote="frosted21"]Agree to disagree - this is the part I hate about this board. I feel bad for everyone all the time, because someone is always rubbing people's nose in it, and trying to pile on. I felt that way every time I saw a Ponder supporter getting flamed last season, and I feel the same now that those same people are turning around and piling on the other group. It's why I tend to NOT take a definitive side on most players, issues, etc. I know someone will always be lurking waiting for the fall, so they can make it known that they were 'right'. It's just not enjoyable a lot of the time. Everyone has an opinion, and I realize there will always be debate on a message board. I embrace that. I just don't like the shots being taken from both sides of every issue and argument. Makes me want to take a hiatus from this board.{/quote]

I understand and I've often felt the same way. I don't like the extreme points of view that lead to hostility and divisiveness and I certainly don't think anyone should be gloating. However, the reason I disagreed with your statement ("If you were watching this game today, thinking "I told you so", shame on you") is that, despite your good intentions and the desire for a better board expressed above, it struck me as pretty divisive. Many of us make such statements from time to time, often unintentionally, but I think it's perfectly fine (and human) for someone to think "I told you so" while watching a poor performance by a player or team. Who hasn't done that at some point? On the other hand, being happy that your team lost just so you can gloat is a different story and I don't think coming here to rub someone's face in it is right. However, I also see no reason why, if someone's point of view was affirmed or reinforced, they can't politely point to a game or performance and say it illustrates what they were talking about.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: That's why Teddy is purple jesus. He will save us all, and get us all on the same page once he starts playing. He will win all of our hearts!
:rock: :smilevike: :v): :rock:
C'mon man, the other nickname you've been pushing is bad enough, don't steal Adrian's name, too...
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Haven't had time to watch all the press conference stuff since the game. Have they said anything regarding the starting qb position?
frosted
Career Elite Player

Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote: I understand and I've often felt the same way. I don't like the extreme points of view that lead to hostility and divisiveness and I certainly don't think anyone should be gloating. However, the reason I disagreed with your statement ("If you were watching this game today, thinking "I told you so", shame on you") is that, despite your good intentions and the desire for a better board expressed above, it struck me as pretty divisive. Many of us make such statements from time to time, often unintentionally, but I think it's perfectly fine (and human) for someone to think "I told you so" while watching a poor performance by a player or team. Who hasn't done that at some point? On the other hand, being happy that your team lost just so you can gloat is a different story and I don't think coming here to rub someone's face in it is right. However, I also see no reason why, if someone's point of view was affirmed or reinforced, they can't politely point to a game or performance and say it illustrates what they were talking about.
I understand, I just don't like the act of 'rubbing it in' (the 'I told you so' routine) that often takes place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

sorry moved this post
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

DKSweets wrote:C'mon man, the other nickname you've been pushing is bad enough, don't steal Adrian's name, too...
Well, dude..? Does Adrian still get that nick name ? But ya ok lets at least respect what AD did for us for so long. Before we strip him of his nick
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:ok lets at least respect what AD did for us for so long. Before we strip him of his nick
I'm not sure if that was sarcasm...if it was, then yeah, I do think he has given us too many good memories to give his nickname to another player (even if it's not a name he ever embraced) especially when he's on the team.

If it wasn't sarcasm...sorry for the post, and thank you.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Option "1" pertains to all positions, injury withstanding. That's what will happen to the Cassel/Bridewater merry-go-round, that will barely need a turn.

Addendum: Once TB gets the go-ahead, he will struggle, and the chants of "he's not ready, he needs a veteran mentor/non-Cassel of course, will echo...
Addendum II: I think Cassel will turn things around when the coaches and entire team turn this terrible game around. Why? That's the way "waves" work!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

indianation65 wrote:Addendum: Once TB gets the go-ahead, he will struggle, and the chants of "he's not ready, he needs a veteran mentor/non-Cassel of course, will echo...
Based on what exactly? Just you're hunch? I Think you'll be pleasantly surprised- if you are a Viking's Fan.
indianation65 wrote:Addendum II: I think Cassel will turn things around
I bet you're wrong.
indianation65 wrote:...wisdom
Or... Naive Pessimism? Who now knows? Only time can tell
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player