2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread - Round 1

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread - Round 1

Post by S197 »

I figure we'll do this like a gameday thread. Keep it all in one thread until after the round is over. If someone wants to make a thread about whomever the Vikings pick, that's cool, but all the extraneous stuff lets try to condense. :v):

To start things off:
In a draft filled with intrigue, the Minnesota Vikings' selection at No. 8 might be the most unpredictable of the top-10 picks.

While most mock drafters have the Vikings addressing their defense, it's become clear that they are giving serious consideration to a first-round quarterback.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Johnny Manziel is still a possibility for the Vikes at No. 8 overall.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ings-radar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread - Round 1

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:I figure we'll do this like a gameday thread. Keep it all in one thread until after the round is over. If someone wants to make a thread about whomever the Vikings pick, that's cool, but all the extraneous stuff lets try to condense. :v):

To start things off:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ings-radar

Woo-hoo! Starting to eye my brewskis in the fridge. ETA for Vikes' pick is 8:30, so pace yourselves!

50/50 that they trade out of 8.

Clowney's the top pick: book it.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I get off work at six, have to go to the Y to lift, go get food, pick up beers, and get to my buddies place by seven to catch the start. Draft day is so stressful :-|

If they do not draft Manziel, I hope we trade back, draft Mosely or Dennard, then trade back into the first round, draft Calvin Pryor and then draft Aaron Murray in the 3rd round.

Don't draft Tom Savage. I will be good with whatever we do, except if they draft Savage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by frosted on Thu May 08, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AlbertBreer: Point raised to me on Norv/Manziel fit for Vikes back in March: Turner made his offense work for Doug Flutie, Alex Smith. Can work for JFF.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

With the 8th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select, oh wait....they just made a trade with the Dallas Cowboys, the Cowboys select Johnny Football. The Vikings select CJ Mosley with the 16th pick. They also receive Dallas' 2015 1st round pick. That would be a hoot.
Last edited by CbusVikesFan on Thu May 08, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

CbusVikesFan wrote:With the 8th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select, oh wait....they just made a trade with the Dallas Cowboys, the Cowboys select Johnny Football. The Vikings select CJ Mosley with the 16th pick. They also receive Dallas' 2015 1st round selection.

:point: I wish :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Bridgewater or bust!!!! :)
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Purple bruise wrote:
:point: I wish :wink:
Tonight should be wild and woolly. :smilevike:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This red carpet stuff is a bit much. They're even doing a little of the "who are you wearing" stuff. I'll probably watch the NFL Network when it starts but right now ESPN is a little more tolerable.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

frosted21 wrote:I get off work at six, have to go to the Y to lift, go get food, pick up beers, and get to my buddies place by seven to catch the start. Draft day is so stressful :-|

If they do not draft Manziel, I hope we trade back, draft Mosely or Dennard, then trade back into the first round, draft Calvin Pryor and then draft Aaron Murray in the 3rd round.

Don't draft Tom Savage. I will be good with whatever we do, except if they draft Savage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Agree wi all that you posted. But I would not be unhappy if they took Savage in the 2nd round.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Bridgewater or bust!!!! :)

The Vikings are not drafting for a backup QB in the first.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

So glad these guys are getting pro deals. Some can't form sentences, not sure what else their college degrees could qualify them for.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

KSViking wrote:So glad these guys are getting pro deals. Some can't form sentences, not sure what else their college degrees could qualify them for.
:lol: :point: :rofl:
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

KSViking wrote:So glad these guys are getting pro deals. Some can't form sentences, not sure what else their college degrees could qualify them for.
They all have communications degrees, of course! :lol:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

headless_norseman wrote:

The Vikings are not drafting for a backup QB in the first.

Oh yeah dude. Bridgewater will be just a total backup QB in the NFL for sure!!!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.