2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2014 Free Agent Tracker & Discussion

Post by mosscarter »

they gave kapernick 61 million guaranteed, and there was already a big article (i believe on yahoo sports) on how it will hurt the niners in the future. am i missing something, aside from the fact kapernick isn't worth half of that? and for what its worth, jerome simpson is right when he says he is undervalued. if he had an actual qb last year (a steady starting one) his stats would have been way higher. and so what, he has a dui, most people i know have one i love how judgmental people are. his drug issues were concerning, but those were years ago he hasn't done anything since with drugs. we were LUCKY to get him back for dirt cheap.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

mosscarter wrote:they gave kapernick 61 million guaranteed, and there was already a big article (i believe on yahoo sports) on how it will hurt the niners in the future. am i missing something, aside from the fact kapernick isn't worth half of that? and for what its worth, jerome simpson is right when he says he is undervalued. if he had an actual qb last year (a steady starting one) his stats would have been way higher. and so what, he has a dui, most people i know have one i love how judgmental people are. his drug issues were concerning, but those were years ago he hasn't done anything since with drugs. we were LUCKY to get him back for dirt cheap.
ESPN was talking about how great of a contract it was. The contract is pretty much a play as you go and a prove it every year for him. He has to perform well to get that money and they can cut ties with him VERY easily and not owe him a dime
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i believe you percy, but i'm just saying i read an article that said the exact opposite so who really knows?
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

HornedMessiah wrote: Agreed. Another ex-Viking in Seattle :puke:
You say this like we don't jump on every Packers cast off that hits the market.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Purpnation wrote: You say this like we don't jump on every Packers cast off that hits the market.
Fudgie fan spotted.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Slick Rick wrote:
Agreed. Another ex-Viking in Seattle :puke:
You say this like we don't jump on every Packers cast off that hits the market.[/quote]
Fudgie fan spotted.[/quote]

Right. :roll:

Or I'm a realist, how are we going to complain about the Seahawks signing our players, when we sign every Packers cast off we can get our hands on, its simply idiotic and hypocritical, sorry if your not a fan of the truth.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

The reason for Flowers’ precipitous decline? A switch-over to a press-man scheme under new Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton. The undersized Flowers is seen as more of a finesse player than a physical press corner, and he struggled in Sutton’s defense.

The Vikings will likely be employing more press coverage under new head coach Mike Zimmer and defensive coordinator George Edwards.
No thanks. We already have the worlds greatest slot midget. Don't need a one dimensional slot midget!
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

demi you have no idea what you are even talking about and the best part is the whole board knows it.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

:popcorn:
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Purpnation wrote:Right. :roll:

Or I'm a realist, how are we going to complain about the Seahawks signing our players, when we sign every Packers cast off we can get our hands on, its simply idiotic and hypocritical, sorry if your not a fan of the truth.
I think it's actually incredibly likely you are a Packer Backer, but I'll let everyone else figure that one out for themselves.

We sign the good Packers "castoffs", which is part of why I'm having a hard time figuring out why you're casting a negative light on it. We've signed Sharper, Longwell, Favre, and now Jennings. So far, we've gotten pretty great return on our investments with those players so far, but you choose to use that term "cast off", and now you're saying that you're a "realist" as if the truth is sad, or unsettling. Maybe you just hate the Packers so much that you don't even want their players near the team, even if they can help. I'd argue that that's what's "idiotic". :lol:

The difference is that Seattle has consistently been burned when they've signed our castoffs. Burleson, Rice, and Harvin up to this point all failed to live up to their contracts. In turn, we signed Steve Hutchinson and he continued to play at an all pro level.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Favre was a mixed bag. At best.

Then there were Robert Ferguson, Mike Montgomery, Javon Walker, Desmond Bishop. And that's only in recent years. Montgomery and Walker didn't even make the team. The other two played just three seasons between them.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Eli wrote:Favre was a mixed bag. At best.

Then there were Robert Ferguson, Mike Montgomery, Javon Walker, Desmond Bishop. And that's only in recent years. Montgomery and Walker didn't even make the team. The other two played just three seasons between them.
I highly doubt that it would have mattered, but Javon Walker should have made the 2010 squad. Walker looked pretty solid in the preseason. I was a tad upset he didn't make the team.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.