Why the Vikings have rebounded since starting 1-7

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Why the Vikings have rebounded since starting 1-7

Post by Mothman »

This was a pretty good read:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_247 ... e-starting
The Vikings started the season 1-7. But they have gone 3-2-1 in the second half to raise their record to 4-9-1.

Frazier said veteran players helping keep the team together has been a big factor in the resurgence. That came up Wednesday, when Frazier talked to his leadership committee, a group of 11 players.

"They have been tremendous, our veteran leadership, and that's what you need this time of the year, when you're not a playoff team," Frazier said Thursday. "How do you hold it together? We've got some guys that are strong in that area. ... When we had our leadership meeting, I told them I know how hard it is to be in December and not preparing for the playoffs and not having something to shoot for other than trying to get this win against this team. ... Their attitudes have been terrific throughout."
More at the link.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Why the Vikings have rebounded since starting 1-7

Post by mondry »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Other than the Eagles game I don't think they've rebounded that much. It's been pretty much the same formula all year. I just think their luck has changed.

Instead of blowing completely blowing the GB game, they tied it. And vs. Chicago Gould missed a FG he usually makes and against Washington they decided to actually make a stop in the final seconds.

They were pretty much in every game this year except the the Panthers and first Packers games. Even against Seattle and Detroit they were in it until Ponder implosions in the 4th.
So very true...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Other than the Eagles game I don't think they've rebounded that much. It's been pretty much the same formula all year. I just think their luck has changed.

Instead of blowing completely blowing the GB game, they tied it. And vs. Chicago Gould missed a FG he usually makes and against Washington they decided to actually make a stop in the final seconds.

They were pretty much in every game this year except the the Panthers and first Packers games. Even against Seattle and Detroit they were in it until Ponder implosions in the 4th.
^
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Frazier has a committee?

Interesting. I wonder who the parliamentarian is.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

What a crock of ####. "Ponder showed improvement...before losing the job", Asiata rushed for 3 TDs!!! "even if he did have just 51 yards on 30 carries."

"The Vikings also haven't been giving away games at the rate they did in the first half of the season, when they lost on final-minute touchdown passes to Chicago, Cleveland and Dallas.

They did blow a 16-point fourth-quarter lead in a 26-26 tie Nov. 24 at Green Bay and lost 29-26 at Baltimore on Dec. 8 on a TD pass with four seconds left. But they won a pair of close games late, beating Washington 34-27 on Nov. 5 and Chicago 23-20 in overtime on Dec. 1."

:rofl: Oh my goodness.
tmscr
Transition Player

Post by tmscr »

Biggest reason why Frazier should return. Obviously "being in it" isn't good enough in the NFL but I think next year could be a rebound season. This year hasn't been the total disaster that the record indicates.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

It's Frazier's job to get the team to rise above mediocre all the time, not just in the month of December. His failure to harness the talent we have on the team is just that-his failure. That being said, since the players like him I wouldn't object to him staying on IF and ONLY IF he did as another poster suggested: vowed to move the team and his coaching strategy, and that of his play callers, in a brave new direction. Admit that it was HE who has not been executing all season. And that just isn't going to happen. We will get the same predictable, do-nothing, say-nothing, change-nothing, do-nothing-unexpected, play-not-to-lose Frazier if he is extended (until December comes around and his record sucks anyway). I also worry about what chaos will ensue with a coaching change if it isn't a good coaching change, but I just don't want to see the same old same old any more either. Heads have to roll somewhere.

tmscr wrote: Biggest reason why Frazier should return. Obviously "being in it" isn't good enough in the NFL but I think next year could be a rebound season. This year hasn't been the total disaster that the record indicates.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Better OL play

Matt Cassel

Cordelle Patterson

Audie Cole
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

808vikingsfan wrote:Rebound? So if GB starts Rodgers and they start winning again, would that be considered a team rebound?
Probably not, because they won their last two without him and have a decent shot at winning again today. :(
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Probably not, because they won their last two without him and have a decent shot at winning again today. :(
True dat. :point:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.