Vikings @ Ravens Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Ravens Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by Just Me »

mondry wrote: Shows the win percentages based on the current game circumstances at any given point of time. HUGE spikes at the end there.

4:03 left in the game, Minnesota at 74%
1:05 left, Baltimore at 90%
0:45 left, Minnesota at 95%
0:04 left, Baltimore at 85%

OK :point: You've got to explain this to me: We had a better chance of winning when we had 4 seconds left, than when we had 1:05?
Last edited by Just Me on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I swear to God the Vikings follow a formula each week. What's that the 5th time now we blew a lead in the final seconds?

Baltimore got a lot of calls though. Gerhart wasn't a fumble. The PI on Blanton was cheap and the PI on Greenway shoulda been a 5 yard hold or Illegal Contact not a PI spot foul.

Oh well I'm not even gonna get mad I want the good draft pick and JAX and TB both won so that's good.
The Greenway play the ball was way uncatchable. and the contact was early the receiver tripped afterwards.
Viking fan since '65
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Pepper2Moss wrote:Weak @$$ PI call in the end zone will probably give the Patriots a win over the Browns. I am starting to think certain teams get the benefit of the doubt on some BS calls.
I think it's just plain bad officiating and happens to all teams. The Patriots got screwed on a non interference call in the endzone a few weeks ago at the end of the game.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I wish one of the Vikings vets would say something in the post game about the refs. I wonder how much they'd get fined if the said something along the lines of:
"Morelli and his crew did just as good as 09, can't say they're not consistent."
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Purple Reign wrote: I think it's just plain bad officiating and happens to all teams. The Patriots got screwed on a non interference call in the endzone a few weeks ago at the end of the game.
every once in awhile the refs do that to remove suspicion. it is not bad officiating the NFL knows exactly what they're doing
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Purple Reign wrote:
Yes, you can take a knee but you can't then take a free kick.
Free kick was out of the question anyway, too far and it was in sleet conditions. At least with a play you get the ball in Patterson's hand again.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

@AdrianPeterson: Wow talking about bad officiating & the worst fan base I've ever experience! They threw snow balls the entire 4q like lil kids. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Yay for the tankers! at least all 10 or so of you will be happy for a pick you don't even know yet.
no one is cheering for "tanking". God shut up about it.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Peterson did it! He's willing to take the fine(provided that's him on twitter and not a pr person)
@AdrianPeterson Wow talk about bad officiating & worst fan base I've ever experience! They threw snow balls the entire 4q like lil kids.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Crax wrote:Peterson did it! He's willing to take the fine(provided that's him on twitter and not a pr person)

Good for him! If's the officiating crew that should be fined, though.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Crax wrote:I wish one of the Vikings vets would say something in the post game about the refs. I wonder how much they'd get fined if the said something along the lines of:
"Morelli and his crew did just as good as 09, can't say they're not consistent."
You really think any player wants to get fined $10,000 (or more) for publicly calling out the refs? I don't think so, especially since it won't do any good anyway.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Purple Reign wrote: You really think any player wants to get fined $10,000 (or more) for publicly calling out the refs? I don't think so, especially since it won't do any good anyway.
Want to get fined? No. But, looks like peterson is already willing to! :D
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Purplemania wrote: What about the false blocking call that on the Vikings that forced us back into FG range instead of at the 3, the ghost pass interference on the last drive, and the countless times the refs spotted the Ravens the ball 1/2 to 1 yard more after their player was down?
I don't think it was a false blocking call, it was a block he didn't need to do, but he still did it. Yeah, the last pi was questionable. The red line was not official and more times than not was not lining up correctly with the down marker. But my whole point was that you were calling the ref out just because he smiled after he made the td announcement. You don't know what he was smiling about, maybe someone said something funny to him. I doubt he was smiling because it was ruled a td.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Just Me wrote:

OK :point: You've got to explain this to me: We had a better chance of winning when we had 4 seconds left, than when we had 1:05?
Cause if we return that one for a TD their would be no time left for us give up ANOTHER td and we win lol.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

mondry wrote: Cause if we return that one for a TD their would be no time left for us give up ANOTHER td and we win lol.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sadly, that make perfect sense now! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: