Ashamed

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

joe h
Veteran

Re: Ashamed

Post by joe h »

They officially have a losing record, and dropped a couple draft positions in the process. Nothing but a gutless organization from the owner down to the water boy. They should have went for it, either they win with a td, or lose and jump to the first pick. But forcing a tie, in a league that doesn't recognize ties, why? It gives you nothing.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

joe h wrote:They officially have a losing record, and dropped a couple draft positions in the process. Nothing but a gutless organization from the owner down to the water boy. They should have went for it, either they win with a td, or lose and jump to the first pick. But forcing a tie, in a league that doesn't recognize ties, why? It gives you nothing.
It gives me the satisfaction of knowing that the Packers didn't sweep the Minnesota Vikings in one of the worst seasons in recent memory.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

petev_sj wrote:I try and be as positive as I can be, but this team deserved to lose this game.

- A coaching staff that with a 2-8 team playing not to lose.
THIS

I couldn't for the life of me understand the conservative mindset when getting your second possession on the overtime period. You are 2-8, throw the ball!!
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I'm not ashamed, but I'm so ready to move on from this game. It's about 1 AM and the Vikings/Packers highlights were just about to start on NFL Network. I shut my TV off. I don't even want to see them. Just thinking of the game makes me feel blah.

Kind of reminds me of earlier, right after the game, I said to my Grandma, pretty much in disbelief, "Wow. All that stress for nothing...?" And she goes, "Yeah! All that hollering and acting stupid for nothing." :lol: I love my Grandma! She keeps it reeeaaalll.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Yep. They haven't won in a month. :banana:

I think 9-7 wins our division. Sad stuff right there. NFC East is a joke, too. (Go Giants!)
I'm as content as you are not having to stomach watching them win, but lets be real, this isn't even a race if Rodgers doesn't get hurt. What's even worse is knowing that if the started Flynn, the probably would have won this game, and probably wouldn't have been that close.

The saddest thing about this division, is that after a month of not winning, the #### could still be in control of the North by the end of next week.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Purpnation wrote: I'm as content as you are not having to stomach watching them win, but lets be real, this isn't even a race if Rodgers doesn't get hurt. What's even worse is knowing that if the started Flynn, the probably would have won this game, and probably wouldn't have been that close.
But he didn't start, and they didn't get the win. That's like saying all last season "the Saints would be on top if Drew Brees and Sean Payton were both working together this season." Yeah, you're probably right, but what does it matter?

The Vikings would probably be a lot better if they had a franchise QB like Aaron Rodgers (yuck) starting for them too! Does that make any difference now? Nope.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

thatguy wrote: But he didn't start, and they didn't get the win. That's like saying all last season "the Saints would be on top if Drew Brees and Sean Payton were both working together this season." Yeah, you're probably right, but what does it matter?

The Vikings would probably be a lot better if they had a franchise QB like Aaron Rodgers (yuck) starting for them too! Does that make any difference now? Nope.
Absolutely it doesn't mean a damn thing.

My only point was that they really should have lost, and it bothers me we couldn't give them the loss when we clearly had the opportunity. They won't be missing there all world QB forever and I just dont like the thought of them having a chance at regaining the division after a straight month of losing. That's all.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Purpnation wrote: LOL , and numbers mean what exactly?

The tie does NOTHING for us, nothing.

The only point to the rest of the season is playing the spoiler, the Packers won't have Rodgers out forever, and they need as many losses as they can get before he comes back.

We should have won, blowing a 16 point lead to the third string QB in the 4th is pathetic. This helps the Packers much more then it hurts them.
Well considering the Vikings started a third string QB......
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966