Chris Cook: "Packers definitely vulnerable right now"

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Chris Cook: "Packers definitely vulnerable right now"

Post by NextQuestion »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -right-now

Odd he'd say that. Chris Cook is pretty much always vulnerable to getting burned.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Chris Cook: "Packers definitely vulnerable right now"

Post by Texas Vike »

NextQuestion wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -right-now

Odd he'd say that. Chris Cook is pretty much always vulnerable to getting burned.
:lol:

Then again, Cook's getting burned may be so obvious that it goes w/o saying. No need to shout, "the sun will rise tomorrow!".
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

The only thing that makes a Vikings losing season palatable are bad packers and cowboys teams. I can't stomach victories from these camps. Luckily, it's only football!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Yeah as soon as you start saying that Chris, Tolzien will throw for over 350!!! I hope Cook gets targeted a lot! :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

"Vikings definitely vulnerable right now" is what our opponents say EVERY week when they see our secondary.

New rule: Guys with 0 career INT's aren't allowed to say anything ever.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Reignman wrote:"Vikings definitely vulnerable right now" is what our opponents say EVERY week when they see our secondary.

New rule: Guys with 0 career INT's aren't allowed to say anything ever.
Thats only because they don't bother throwing at the Cookiemonster. :lol:
This space available for rent.
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

Yeah, they just throw to the receiver and Cook gets burned yet again.

Vulnerable is a whole lot different from horrible. I'm just hoping to see some bright spots with Rhoades getting some playing time.
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Yes Chris they are so vulnerable I've dropped RG3 for Tolzien this week in fantasy land.
Oh no, that should read I've picked up Tolzien because YOU'RE vulnerable Chris Cook.

The audacity of trash talking when your that bad. Concentrate on finally picking up an INT instead of looking a tit.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

:lol: Whaaaaaat? The Packers ARE vulnerable. Whether he has 0 interceptions for his career or 50, I don't think that was a foolish thing for him to say. Heck, I'm saying it. Most are saying it, and most of us haven't played a down in the NFL. Right? I get it, y'all like to hate on Cook, but considering this one little statement out of line or trash talking? Please. It was a Captain Obvious statement that probably shouldn't have rubbed anyone the wrong way. It's simply reality. I take it as, "Hey, Rodger's out. We have a real shot to go out there and win this game! It's more of an even playing field." I'm not mad about it. I'd LOVE to beat these scrubs! I'd love it more than anything (as far as this year is concerned)! F the Packers and their fans! I'm still mad about how rotten they were in the Dome for SNF. If we only win one more game for the season, I want it to be THIS game! They haven't won a game since that SNF game, right? Ha. Karma! Boom!--Now that is closer to trash talking than basically saying, "The Packers are a much different team without Rodgers." Whoa! Back up Cook! You're being harsh.

:govikes:
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

MelanieMFunk wrote::lol: Whaaaaaat? The Packers ARE vulnerable. Whether he has 0 interceptions for his career or 50, I don't think that was a foolish thing for him to say. Heck, I'm saying it. Most are saying it, and most of us haven't played a down in the NFL. Right? I get it, y'all like to hate on Cook, but considering this one little statement out of line or trash talking? Please. It was a Captain Obvious statement that probably shouldn't have rubbed anyone the wrong way. It's simply reality. I take it as, "Hey, Rodger's out. We have a real shot to go out there and win this game! It's more of an even playing field." I'm not mad about it. I'd LOVE to beat these scrubs! I'd love it more than anything (as far as this year is concerned)! F the Packers and their fans! I'm still mad about how rotten they were in the Dome for SNF. If we only win one more game for the season, I want it to be THIS game! They haven't won a game since that SNF game, right? Ha. Karma! Boom!--Now that is closer to trash talking than basically saying, "The Packers are a much different team without Rodgers." Whoa! Back up Cook! You're being harsh.

:govikes:
Well it would be a little more well received if he had made a play on the ball even once in his career , braggadocio is one thing when you back it up but when your a career bust it might be better to not anger those football gods you have mentioned :D
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

While the Packers may be vulnerable due to injuries, I understand they're playing one of the worst teams in the entire NFL this Sunday at home. I don't expect they'll have much trouble.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

MelanieMFunk wrote::lol: Whaaaaaat? The Packers ARE vulnerable. Whether he has 0 interceptions for his career or 50, I don't think that was a foolish thing for him to say.
I see what you're saying, but whether the statement is valid or not is beside the point. The point being, nobody is vulnerable when they play the Vikings. Just ask Cleveland. Heck due to all their injuries you could have said the Packers were vulnerable the last time we played them. Matthews was out but we had no offense until garbage time. And they were basically playing with practice squad receivers, and yet they destroyed us.

And when you make every QB in the league look like Rodgers, does it really matter if you actually play Rodgers?

Code: Select all

game  cmp  att   pct  yard   avg  td int rating   ypg
Vikings pass D  10  261  390  66.9  2945  7.55  23   8  100.4  294.5
Aaron Rodgers    8  168  251  66.9  2218  8.84  15   4  108.0  277.3
And then there's Chris Cook. Here are the QB's he's faced in his career ...

- (55) Derek Anderson
- (108) Jay Cutler
- (62) Matthew "I'm not Joey Harrington" Stafford
- (50) Aaron Charles Rodgers
- (23) Shaun Hill
- (67) Josh Freeman
- (130) Thomas Edward Patrick Brady
- (86) Matt Cassel
- (25) Kevin Kolb
- (24) Blaine Gabbert
- (24) Andrew Luck (rookie)
- (67) Alex Smith
- (148) Matt Hasselbeck
- (15) RG3 (rookie)
- (25) John Skelton
- (79) Matt "Stump the" Schaub
- (6) Brian "3rd string" Hoyer
- (37) Cam Newton
- (161) Elisha Nelson Manning
- (16) Russell Wilson

1208 combined INT's and Cook_Isle is deserted? :confused:
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh