A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Plunder rating against Seahawks.

My over/unders predictions for Plunder

Passing TD's (1) under (lost)
Rushing TD's (.5) under (check)
INTS (1) over (check)
Passing Yards (210) under (check)
QB Rating (80) under (check)

And it was 50/50 whether he would finish game.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 53.3

Post by Funkytown »

purplehaze wrote:
And it was 50/50 whether he would finish game.
You're so bold. 8)
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

If Ponder Plays I refuse to watch the Vikings anymore. He is a total Joke. Worse than Tavaris Jackson BY FAR.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

The sad part is that Cassel's passer rating was 52.7 (I'm also showing Ponder's rating as 53.0 - Not that any of those differences are anything significant... :steamed: )
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Plunder is really a terrible nickname. It doesn't even make sense.
"Blunder" would be closer to the mark, but it isn't as phonetically close to "Ponder" as "plunder" is.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Plunder is really a terrible nickname. It doesn't even make sense.
I am open for a change.

Synonyms for Plunder. "looting, pillaging, raiding, ransacking, devastation." ................of our Quarterback Position.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Just Me wrote: "Blunder" would be closer to the mark, but it isn't as phonetically close to "Ponder" as "plunder" is.
How about "f*ckmoronf*ck?"
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Bluner combined with Ponder making for PLunder?

Works for me.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Just Me wrote:The sad part is that Cassel's passer rating was 52.7 (I'm also showing Ponder's rating as 53.0 - Not that any of those differences are anything significant... :steamed: )
And that was with Ponder throwing two INTs short. Failing on two screens, an easy slant he "dive bombed", and screwed up a toss play. :rofl:
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

YEAHHHHHH BABY!!!!!! :rock:
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Just Me wrote: "Blunder" would be closer to the mark, but it isn't as phonetically close to "Ponder" as "plunder" is.
Yeah even his name is frustrating, we can't come up with something phonetically fun by which to mock him haha. Like TJoke (sorry Mel, just an example xD). Check down Charlie was my favorite. What happened to the old Check Down Charlie thread anyway?
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

YEAH LETS WASTE ANOTHER 4 YEARS!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Valhalla wrote:I wouldn't make much of the performance of a QB who comes in with 12 minutes left and 25 points down against one of the top 3 teams in the NFL currently. I'm not even sure a healthy Aaron Rodgers could do that much let alone a Joe Flacco.
Yeah not to excuse his crappy performance, but I'll try anyway xD ... he also didn't get the reps in practice. Still some of those short passes were basic pitch in catch. The 1 tipped INT, I can't remember if it was Ponder or Cassel now, but Patterson just stood there and watched the defender catch it like he was a spectator with great seats. It's just inexcusable. I swear the collective football IQ of this franchise has to be a league worst.
tmscr
Transition Player

Post by tmscr »

Valhalla wrote:I wouldn't make much of the performance of a QB who comes in with 12 minutes left and 25 points down against one of the top 3 teams in the NFL currently. I'm not even sure a healthy Aaron Rodgers could do that much let alone a Joe Flacco.
As silly as it is when talking about a glorified backup, we'll never know how the season would have turned out had Cassel kept his starting job after that Carolina game. I cannot understand how the organization thought it was a good idea to start a guy a month ago who hasn't dressed in the majority of viking's games since. I feel like they certainly would've beaten the Giants, and maybe that's it. But we'll never know.