Vikings @ Seahawks Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Seahawks Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by Eli »

Purplemania wrote:Anyone else excited for the Broncos-Chief game tonight?
Real football? Played by _two_ teams that can play real football?

Hell yeah. :thumbsup:
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Eli wrote: Real football? Played by _two_ teams that can play real football?

Hell yeah. :thumbsup:
We'll see how the Chiefs fare....... They could easily get blown out
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Welcome back, James. There you are! Classic post-game, emotional James. lol.

I tried to be optimistic this year because people claimed I was too harsh on Ponder last year, even with a 10-6. And I was also told im too pessimistic but that's who I am.. lol

But Jesus Christ Ponder sucks ####.. He SHOULD HAVE BEEN BENCHED LAST SEASON. But Adrian Peterson not only saved Christian Ponder's job but also the coaches. I tried to tell people last year that Ponder sucked ####. But no it was, "He helped us get to 10-6 as much as Peterson did." "Peterson couldn't hand the ball off to himself!!!" As long as Ponder is the starting QB we deserved to lose every damn game.

Cassel and Freeman are no better. Are they better than Ponder? Probably so! But who gives a ####? ALL 3 OF THESE LOSERS ARE NOT STARTING MATERIAL. None of them has what it takes to win a championship. They can barely win a damn game!!!!!

I remember there was a thread some weeks ago that ask if the Vikings were to change their name, what should it be. I would change it to the Minnesota Pallbearers. They let us down every damn year so it fits perfectly..
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Frazier post-game press conference...

"We did a good job of containing him" (Russell Wilson)

"I haven't talked to Ponder about the interceptions yet"

"Wanted to see if Matt (Cassel) could give us a spark"

Did you know Harvin was back there? "Yes, we did... We thought we could cover the kick."

"We will look at the tape to see what contributed to Ponder's drop-off (in the second half)?"

"We will talk (the QB situation) through tomorrow."

"Groin is still bothering Peterson... he's not 100%"
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

VikingHoard wrote:
So I take it your newly modified prediction of the Vikings record this year won't be 8-8? :mrgreen:

Maybe if I was playing a game of Madden on the Xbox 360 I would say 8-8. In reality this pathetic team will be lucky to win another damn game.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

King James wrote:

I tried to be optimistic this year because people claimed I was too harsh on Ponder last year, even with a 10-6. And I was also told im too pessimistic but that's who I am.. lol

But Jesus Christ Ponder sucks ####.. He SHOULD HAVE BEEN BENCHED LAST SEASON. But Adrian Peterson not only saved Christian Ponder's job but also the coaches. I tried to tell people last year that Ponder sucked ####. But no it was, "He helped us get to 10-6 as much as Peterson did." "Peterson couldn't hand the ball off to himself!!!" As long as Ponder is the starting QB we deserved to lose every damn game.

Cassel and Freeman are no better. Are they better than Ponder? Probably so! But who gives a ####? ALL 3 OF THESE LOSERS ARE NOT STARTING MATERIAL. None of them has what it takes to win a championship. They can barely win a damn game!!!!!

I remember there was a thread some weeks ago that ask if the Vikings were to change their name, what should it be. I would change it to the Minnesota Pallbearers. They let us down every damn year so it fits perfectly..

Another candidate for funniest post of the year. :lol: :point:
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

soflavike wrote:Frazier post-game press conference...

"We did a good job of containing him" (Russell Wilson)

"I haven't talked to Ponder about the interceptions yet"

"Wanted to see if Matt (Cassel) could give us a spark"

Did you know Harvin was back there? "Yes, we did... We thought we could cover the kick."

"We will look at the tape to see what contributed to Ponder's drop-off (in the second half)?"

"We will talk (the QB situation) through tomorrow."

"Groin is still bothering Peterson... he's not 100%"
He finally said the word "personnel changes" too.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

King James wrote:But Jesus Christ Ponder sucks ####.. He SHOULD HAVE BEEN BENCHED LAST SEASON. But Adrian Peterson not only saved Christian Ponder's job but also the coaches. I tried to tell people last year that Ponder sucked ####. But no it was, "He helped us get to 10-6 as much as Peterson did." "Peterson couldn't hand the ball off to himself!!!" As long as Ponder is the starting QB we deserved to lose every damn game.
:lol: Peterson couldn't hand the ball off to himself? That pretty much sums up some of those games from last year.

All I'm saying is, welcome back. Your rants make me smile a lot more than they used to. Probably due to the fact that losing just doesn't hurt nearly as badly. I can laugh things off now instead of pouting. ;)
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Christian Ponder Press Conference:

"We had too many turnovers"

"We'll have to see the film... a couple of poor decisions..."

"I want to be out on the field... try to forget this one... redeem myself"

"Everything I did is correctable... just have to be smarter with the football".

"Games like that are unfortunately gonna happen... "

"We gotta take the pressure off the running game by not turning the ball over in the passing game."

I can see why he's considered so intelligent. :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

soflavike wrote:Christian Ponder Press Conference:

"We gotta take the pressure off the running game by not turning the ball over in the passing game."

So was he "relaxed" for this game, or not? :mrgreen:

Can we see Freeman stink it up for a few games now? That's is part of my entertainment this year. I want to see which quarterback is going to "out-suck" the other, and how they are going to accomplish that... :P
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I love how Ponder costs the game and Cassel moves the offense and they are able to score..

The running game works better with Cassel and he finds open receivers.. IE Jarius Wright
touchdown..

Ponder needs to go with whole coaching staff
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

soflavike wrote:Christian Ponder Press Conference:

Christian Ponder seems like the type of guy to take great notes in class. Im talking about index cards, outlines, and etc. But when test day comes he applies none of his notes he studied over and fails the test. Then after the test he goes back and says "These wrong answers are correctable, I just gotta look back in my notes to see what I did wrong. Bad tests are gonna happen. I just gotta be smarter with my note taking. I just want to prepare for the next test, try to forget this one, and redeem myself on the next one."
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

I say keep starting ponder. We still have a shot at the number 1 pick. Even Tampa won their 2nd straight today to put us in a tie with them. Only Jacksonville has fewer wins than us and they have been doing semi decent so far this year so I wouldn't count them out to win 1 or 2 more as well.
Purple Pride till the end.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

As Long as Ponder Plays I just won't watch the Vikings anymore. Can't deal with this stupidity any longer. There is just no sense in hoping against hope any longer. My guess is that Frasier is out of ideas and options because he should never have been a head coach in the first place.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Why do people still get mad/are surprised?

Only the most naive homers thought we would actually we win that game. The game was over once Harvin returned that kickoff before halftime and Baldwin beat Rhodes and Sendejo for the TD.

After 2 good games Ponder became Ponder again. Freeman should start from here on out, only reason to start Ponder is if they're fully committed to tanking.
I don't think people are mad. It's more just frustration with the complete incompetency.