Trade deadline: Do Vikings ship out anyone?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Trade deadline: Do Vikings ship out anyone?

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:A playoff loss will be more hurtful, but a collapse would help up our draft pick a bit I guess. Meh. Still, though, #### 'em.
That's a sentiment I can support. :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleHalo wrote: A 4th is all they are offering? The Vikinge will get a 3rd if he leaves in FA.
I'm just guessing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

And @Mortreport says the Vikings are asking a second-round pick for Jared Allen but would consider a conditional third-round pick.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Where are you guys getting the rumor mill stuff? NFL.com doesn't have much, cept news from yesterday.
This space available for rent.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Than incite a bidding war, let the games begin. Im assuming the deadline is 4pm est?
This space available for rent.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Mothman wrote: That's a sentiment I can support. :thumbsup:
You guys don't want to see Percy, Tarvaris and "Cindy" Rice get a Super Bowl ring? :mrgreen:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Dallas is a Cover-2 4/3 base under Kiffin. This is why Ware has been a non factor (when healthy).
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I don't think anything gets done. Allen and Gerhart seem like the only real candidates and I don't think there's much interest in the latter. Maybe if Allen is really being as vocal as some report about how bad this defense is then I can see them shipping him off but right now I'd be very surprised if anything happens.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

It looks like Seattle might be making a bid for Jared Allen.

Another Article Here
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

S197 wrote:I don't think anything gets done. Allen and Gerhart seem like the only real candidates and I don't think there's much interest in the latter. Maybe if Allen is really being as vocal as some report about how bad this defense is then I can see them shipping him off but right now I'd be very surprised if anything happens.
Yeah. I just heard on NFL Network that the interest from the Seahawks is being overblown (probably due to them being Vikings stealers). They don't even have the cap room. I think they have $2 million to work with.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Yeah. I just heard on NFL Network that the interest from the Seahawks is being overblown (probably due to them being Vikings stealers). They don't even have the cap room. I think they have $2 million to work with.
Glazer reported that Seattle are NOT in the runnings, but Allen has said he could restructure for the right situation.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:Glazer reported that Seattle are NOT in the runnings, but Allen has said he could restructure for the right situation.
Good. I wish Allen the best, but man, I don't want him to go there. Just as some of you guys, I'm about sick of the Seahawks. They better try to win it NOW though, because they are doomed in the next few years when all of their guys want big contracts. A lot of their best players aren't making much, but they are paying Harvin bank and he's doing nothing. 8) Heehee.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote: but they are paying Harvin bank and he's doing nothing. 8) Heehee.
Except they have a 7-1 record without him. Oh, and he's going to absolutely destroy us in week 11. Josh Robinson on Percy Harvin? God help us all.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleHalo wrote:Where are you guys getting the rumor mill stuff? NFL.com doesn't have much, cept news from yesterday.

Here's an article from 9 minutes ago summarizing some of the twitter stuff: http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/10/29/ ... ade-rumors
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

One more thing while we're on Seattle, it's amazing how inept Bevell looked here with Jackson and how much better he looks in Seattle with Russel Wilson (so much that I've seen his name pop up as a possible head coaching candidate). It leads me to a thought: how fundamentally bad is Musgrave when given a football-thrower (or quarterbacks) that can't execute? Musgrave is really hamstrung (or one could say it's what happens when bad meets worse) and it's an interesting thought/exercise to speculate how a player like Matt Ryan or Tom Brady could do under similar play calling.

Edit: Bevell sure didn't do much to help his team on Monday night, calling a ridiculous amount of passing plays compared to rush when they're supposedly a rush-first team going up against a team 30th in the NFL in rush defense. I found that a bit odd/stupid.