Jared Allen May Be Traded "for the right price"

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Jared Allen May Be Traded "for the right price"

Post by Texas Vike »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Seattle making a late push to acquire Allen, per Schefter.

Vikings west continues.
They paid us well for Percy. What are you all hoping for? is a 2nd realistic?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote: They paid us well for Percy. What are you all hoping for? is a 2nd realistic?
Considering you'd likely get a third by letting him walk via free agency, I don't let him go for less than a 2nd. No way.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

dead_poet wrote:
Considering you'd likely get a third by letting him walk via free agency, I don't let him go for less than a 2nd. No way.
I think we already have their third round pick from the Harvin trade, or do they have another one from someone else?
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Seattle making a late push to acquire Allen, per Schefter.

Vikings west continues.
Also according to Chris Wesseling
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him
Jay Glazer on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

dead_poet wrote: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Thanks DP!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Really? I must be way behind. Whens the deadline? It looked like it was all but a done deal by Seattle. I hope so, but then I like the Seahawks and don't care for JA anymore.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Really? I must be way behind. Whens the deadline? It looked like it was all but a done deal by Seattle. I hope so, but then I like the Seahawks and don't care for JA anymore.
Vikings fans are funny. The deadline was this afternoon.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

yeah I thought it was done at 5. Sounds like Rickie could have made a deal but as usual, failed. He is good at spending though.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:yeah I thought it was done at 5. Sounds like Rickie could have made a deal but as usual, failed. He is good at spending though.
Made a deal with who? Seahawks couldn't afford him. I'd imagine most teams were in the same situation--and also didn't want to give up a second round pick for him. It was going to be a tough sell. I don't blame Rick for this. It is what it is.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

He'll get low balled like all the DEs last year, and we'll end up with a compensatory 5th or nothing at all.

And Spielman will keep his job because Zygi Wilf is a sleazy snake oil salesman.

This team has never won anything because ownership is garbage. And their waste and filth leaks down to the rest of the franchise.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Made a deal with who? Seahawks couldn't afford him. I'd imagine most teams were in the same situation--and also didn't want to give up a second round pick for him. It was going to be a tough sell. I don't blame Rick for this. It is what it is.
I can show you 10 teams, under cap, that wanted him. I brought up Seattle because I thought Something happened that I missed later on in their time zone. You trust Rickie, I don't. You like JA, I don't (anymore). And I think our 3rd rd pick is almost a 4th, so an early 3rd would have been a good deal.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I can show you 10 teams, under cap, that wanted him. I brought up Seattle because I thought Something happened that I missed later on in their time zone. You trust Rickie, I don't. You like JA, I don't (anymore). And I think our 3rd rd pick is almost a 4th, so an early 3rd would have been a good deal.
Kind of hard to make a deal with teams not even showing interest. Isn't it?

Show me those 10 teams, and show me where they showed interest. I'll be glad to take a look.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I can show you 10 teams, under cap, that wanted him. I brought up Seattle because I thought Something happened that I missed later on in their time zone. You trust Rickie, I don't. You like JA, I don't (anymore). And I think our 3rd rd pick is almost a 4th, so an early 3rd would have been a good deal.
*makes fists, closes eyes, shouts*

We have no idea what teams were offering!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I don't get why some people are acting like we KNOW that teams xyz offered us a 2nd and 4th or something and our GM just didn't feel like it

More than likely they offered a 3rd round at best. And our FO decided it wasn't worth it for some reason. Of all the things to be angry about this is one of the smaller by far.