Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

Post by mondry »

SterlingANJ wrote: I can't help it! It's crazy! He started the game off great.
yep! and no one would blame you if you wanted to go with a Peterson Jersey. If you ever get to a home game you'll see about 25,000 of those!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

@I$/(!&@ $@!& &#)^ "/?*!!!!!

That's all for now. Just got back to the hotel.

More about that lovely little adventure tomorrow.

:shock:

...still love my guys, though. :smilevike:
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

A few points to be made:
- dont root for other players to get hurt: just as with bad reffing (as this game seemed to have), you want to beat the best with a clean and righteous game.
- peterson looked ready for a big game , and there's no excuse that the qb did not bring the same on the flipside with the passing game.
- the head coach looks like he is trying to use telepathy. The play calling, formations, defense, all amount to capitulation.

Whatever drastic moves to allow us to compete and knock out playoff contenders for the rest of the season are the only thing to hope for now. Until the program is upgraded, its hard to judge some of the players.
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

Canuck wrote: Yeah and im going to it........ I Will not wear my jersey this time. Not worth it
i got a purple tie dye for the bengals match later on. When they say who dey i'll say we be. Theyll like it.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Whatever drastic moves to allow us to compete and knock out playoff contenders for the rest of the season are the only thing to hope for now.
Only thing to hope for is the best draft pick possible. Knocking off playoff contenders does absolutely nothing for our team going forward...
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

SterlingANJ wrote:Coming off of this "embarrassing" loss as Jared Allen himself is putting it, I can understand what everyone on the boards has been talking about up to this game. (I'm a new fan). It's a drug it seems. This team rips your heart out, but you're sticking in to see what it will feel like when you win that Super Bowl.

I don't think that will be soon, but I can see how good it can feel even to have a respectable year. I want that.

Is this a bad time to walk in to a sporting goods store to buy my first Vikes jersey?
You could probably get a Vikes jersey in exchange for a bag of potato chips now. Perfect time to get a jersey now, when the Vikings get back on track you might not see those jerseys for a while. So get one now while you can...lol
SterlingANJ
Backup

Post by SterlingANJ »

JEC334 wrote: You could probably get a Vikes jersey in exchange for a bag of potato chips now. Perfect time to get a jersey now, when the Vikings get back on track you might not see those jerseys for a while. So get one now while you can...lol
Haha good point!
"Some sweat hog mama with a face like a gent
Said my get up and go musta got up and went"
Odlid
Backup

Post by Odlid »

SterlingANJ wrote:Coming off of this "embarrassing" loss as Jared Allen himself is putting it, I can understand what everyone on the boards has been talking about up to this game. (I'm a new fan). It's a drug it seems. This team rips your heart out, but you're sticking in to see what it will feel like when you win that Super Bowl.

I don't think that will be soon, but I can see how good it can feel even to have a respectable year. I want that.

Is this a bad time to walk in to a sporting goods store to buy my first Vikes jersey?
My son is 13 years old; when he was coming of age to where he actually understood the game, I told him to think long & hard before making the Vikings your favorite team. It will be a frustrating journey following what I consider the most under-achieving football franchise in the history of the NFL (well, the Browns are just as bad too). I don't expect to see the Vikes in the Super Bowl during my lifetime.

We live in Upstate New York, where most are either fans of the Giants, Bills (my wife), or the Jets. Then we have a lot of the typical "band-wagoners" from my generation that are fans of the Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, or Steelers. During the football season, my son more-often-than-not wears a Vikings jersey to school. Of course, he has a #28 A.P. jersey. However, he has a nice wardrobe of old-school numbers too; 10, 44, 56, 80, 88, & 93.
"A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback; and not necessarily in that order." - Bud Grant
SterlingANJ
Backup

Post by SterlingANJ »

Odlid wrote: My son is 13 years old; when he was coming of age to where he actually understood the game, I told him to think long & hard before making the Vikings your favorite team. It will be a frustrating journey following what I consider the most under-achieving football franchise in the history of the NFL (well, the Browns are just as bad too). I don't expect to see the Vikes in the Super Bowl during my lifetime.

We live in Upstate New York, where most are either fans of the Giants, Bills (my wife), or the Jets. Then we have a lot of the typical "band-wagoners" from my generation that are fans of the Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, or Steelers. During the football season, my son more-often-than-not wears a Vikings jersey to school. Of course, he has a #28 A.P. jersey. However, he has a nice wardrobe of old-school numbers too; 10, 44, 56, 80, 88, & 93.
It's a crazy way you fans are so committed to the team, even KNOWING you may not see them perform to win a Super Bowl. I feel that commitment growing on me, and my dad warned me also. I'm giving it a year, it's a weird way to feel about it..but I wanna follow them from the draft. I want to be shown what to do next years time. I love the community that the Vikes have though.

You guys are awesome. I'm 19 by the way, so I'm a late bloomer.
"Some sweat hog mama with a face like a gent
Said my get up and go musta got up and went"
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

SterlingANJ wrote: It's a crazy way you fans are so committed to the team, even KNOWING you may not see them perform to win a Super Bowl. I feel that commitment growing on me, and my dad warned me also. I'm giving it a year, it's a weird way to feel about it..but I wanna follow them from the draft. I want to be shown what to do next years time. I love the community that the Vikes have though.

You guys are awesome. I'm 19 by the way, so I'm a late bloomer.
Well part of it is outside of winning the super bowl and a year like this one, we actually have the 10th best win / loss ratio since we joined the league back in 1961 out of the 32 teams. The problem is winning that big one though, the super bowl. Otherwise, most of the time the team is pretty good / competitive / makes the playoffs. But being Teased by getting close / thinking your team can win it we're #1 in the league by far and THAT's the jist of it :)
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I haven't read through the whole thread, but did anyone else see this?

They showed a brief sideline scene, either right before or after a commercial, after the Packers had just scored. Greenway and Henderson were sitting on the bench and Singletary was crouched in front of them, being very vocal and very animated, telling them about something. He was right in Greenway's face, and then Greenway just abruptly turned away. You could see a little look of surprise on Singletary's face and then he redirected his focus toward Henderson.

That seemed a fitting little glimpse into the coaching problems on this team. I think the players are fed up.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Valhalla wrote:That Niner team under Singletary were awful and that Niner team turned around quickly. I like Mike as a person and what he did as a player. But not sure about him as a coach, assistant, coordinator. Not sure what the problem is, Heckuva player though.
I do respect Singletary as a person, but I really feel he is as dumb as a box of rocks. Like, really low IQ. I've said it since he was brought here, players do not respect him as a football coach. He's the high school JV assistant coach that players think, "Why are you even here?"
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Eli wrote:I haven't read through the whole thread, but did anyone else see this?

They showed a brief sideline scene, either right before or after a commercial, after the Packers had just scored. Greenway and Henderson were sitting on the bench and Singletary was crouched in front of them, being very vocal and very animated, telling them about something. He was right in Greenway's face, and then Greenway just abruptly turned away. You could see a little look of surprise on Singletary's face and then he redirected his focus toward Henderson.

That seemed a fitting little glimpse into the coaching problems on this team. I think the players are fed up.
Yeah I saw that, I actually thought "hey that's the first time I've even seen Singeltary even doing anything!" The major problem we're going to have is that we keep getting younger and younger. These young guys are vulnerable to absorbing this awful coaching because they don't really know any better. Greenway's a vet so he can walk away and spot that #### a mile away but soon we won't even have that.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:I haven't read through the whole thread, but did anyone else see this?

Maybe but considering Singletary's Hall of Fame career and Greenway's performances of late, perhaps it's Singletary who should be fed up.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

They haven't quit on Frazier; they are just demoralized and humiliated because of his poor coaching and because they like him they may not realize he's the source of most of (not all) their problems.
80 PurplePride 84 wrote: The entire coaching staff is gonna get fired after the season. Why does it matter if it happens now or then? This isn't a Childress situation. The players don't hate the coach and have quit on him. And a coaching change to Stewart, Singletary or Priefer or whoever isn't gonna miraculously make us go 9-0 and make the playoffs.

People think the players quit on Frazier, well they haven't, they're just really bad so it looks like they have. Just let Frazier play out the string and clean house in January.