No changes coming from wilf

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

smoothoperator
Transition Player

No changes coming from wilf

Post by smoothoperator »

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: No changes coming from wilf

Post by VikingLord »

I think that is a smart move by Wilf. Any changes he makes at this point in the season are very unlikely to turn things around, and could make things even worse over the longer term.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Yeah I think we just play this thing out and start fresh next year. I mean, really what's the point of firing everyone now? To send a message? To whom? All an interim coach is going to do is keep playing what we have. It's a mess and there is no fix this year. Not with the coaching and not with the players. No one short of Peyton Manning is going to do anything right now to save this season and I am not sure about him.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

time for new ownership. i've had enough of the wilfs.

"that's our team. That's our 1-5 team that's just going to get worse"

#### you wilf. If the blowout by carolina and big loss to the giants won't force change hopefully the games against the Packers and Seattle will make you see otherwise. so much for sending a message to the team. looks like wilf is fine tolerating completely inept coaching in the present.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Orion wrote:time for new ownership. i've had enough of the wilfs.
Okay, that's going to be much harder to come by. :lol: New coaches, schemes, players, GM, etc. is one thing, but new owners?

C'mon man.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Yeah, lets give up after only 6 games and stick with what we know won't work. Sounds like a winning mentality to me.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

That says to me that Spielman is staying. You can fire him any time....the sooner the better actually.

Much stickier to fire a HC coach mid-season. In fact, it's a lot like aquiring a new QB mid-season~
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Webbfann wrote:Yeah, lets give up after only 6 games and stick with what we know won't work. Sounds like a winning mentality to me.
Freeman has only started/lost one game. That's still a relatively new thing that won't work!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

The Breeze wrote: Much stickier to fire a HC coach mid-season. In fact, it's a lot like aquiring a new QB mid-season~

Yet we're on our 3rd quarterback already?
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Orion wrote:
Yet we're on our 3rd quarterback already?
I mean the latest one not being with the team since camp. Hence 'new QB'. Both Ponder and Cassel are steeped in the system.....

But I guess you mean since we've already come this far...what does it hurt to fire the HC now. Priefer could run the show....he's used to 'special' teams.
Last edited by The Breeze on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

VikingLord wrote:I think that is a smart move by Wilf. Any changes he makes at this point in the season are very unlikely to turn things around, and could make things even worse over the longer term.
Agreed. Sometimes, you just have to ride out the bad season, then you make the personnel changes and get the high draft picks. Of course, the last time we had a super high draft pick (#3 -- which we traded down to #4), we took Kalil. He's having one heck of a sophomore slump, isn't he?
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

DanAS wrote: Agreed. Sometimes, you just have to ride out the bad season, then you make the personnel changes and get the high draft picks. Of course, the last time we had a super high draft pick (#3 -- which we traded down to #4), we took Kalil. He's having one heck of a sophomore slump, isn't he?

I have a feeling a lot of it with mental..... We really don't know how much disarray this team is in, like in the locker room, how the coaches are, and like I said we're on our 3rd quarterback. Who is our team leader and driving the vikings to win and motivating them?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Orion wrote:time for new ownership. i've had enough of the wilfs.

"that's our team. That's our 1-5 team that's just going to get worse"

#### you wilf. If the blowout by carolina and big loss to the giants won't force change hopefully the games against the Packers and Seattle will make you see otherwise. so much for sending a message to the team. looks like wilf is fine tolerating completely inept coaching in the present.
Seattle is gonna SMASH the Vikings. Percy probably scores twice, Sidney once and Heath Farwell on a special teams turnover. Then Bevell gets cute and puts Tarvaris in because it's a blowout and leads a scoring drive to add insult to injury.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Seattle is gonna SMASH the Vikings. Percy probably scores twice, Sidney once and Heath Farwell on a special teams turnover. Then Bevell gets cute and puts Tarvaris in because it's a blowout and leads a scoring drive to add insult to injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if the line is near that of Denver/Jacksonville.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Why cant they get rid of Musgrave? What possible reason does he have for staying? Other then his joke of a play card.