Am I the only one excited about a potential 1-15 season?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Am I the only one excited about a potential 1-15 season?

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I'm not excited about it, I just don't know what games were supposed to win.

We're 1-6 and looking woefully inept and technically this was the easy half of the season.

Our next 9 games are...

Cowboys on the road
Redskins in prime time
Seattle on the road (no way)
Packers on the road (oh my God, we'll lose by at least 20)
Bears
@Ravens
Eagles
@Bengals
Lions

Who sees two wins on that schedule with how the team is playing right now?
Ravens and Eagles maybe?

I'm not excited, I'm just resigned to it.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Redskins, Bears at home, and Eagles at home are the 3 games I could see us favored in.

Redskins - Their defense is as bad as ours. We've given up 225 points, they've given up 229. RG3 just isn't the same. Imagine Christian Ponder that can't run, that's RG3 now.

Bears at home - We played them tough at soldier field, they've given up 206 points on defense, I think they're the worst team with a winning record so far.

Eagles at home - Another bad defense giving up 211 points so far. Nick Foles and Matt Barkley look absolutely awful and Vick just popped his hammy for the second time in the month. If Vick gets to 100% for our game we probably lose but if he isn't, this will be our best shot at another win.

A couple other teams we have a snow balls chance in hell of beating but you never know, we won a bunch of games last year with nothing but AD going crazy that we weren't suppose to win either.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

mondry wrote:Redskins, Bears at home, and Eagles at home are the 3 games I could see us favored in.
Yep, those are the only games in which I see the Vikings having any chance of finding another win.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

we had 3 1st rounders last draft, and I don't know if any of them are good to be real good, every down players. Patterson maybe, the dude can fly and put the moves on. But our QBs and Musgrave never give him the ball. Floyd hasn't impressed me at all. And Rhodes does as many dumb things as good things. Patterson should be the best out of the bunch and there is hope for Rhodes, once he realizes what a 4-3 cover 2 D is.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:we had 3 1st rounders last draft, and I don't know if any of them are good to be real good, every down players. Patterson maybe, the dude can fly and put the moves on. But our QBs and Musgrave never give him the ball. Floyd hasn't impressed me at all. And Rhodes does as many dumb things as good things. Patterson should be the best out of the bunch and there is hope for Rhodes, once he realizes what a 4-3 cover 2 D is.
Patterson and Rhodes have the talent and physical ability, that's pretty obvious, they just need to be coached up and put in the right systems and some time to develop into elite players. Floyd looks like he'll be an above average starter but not necessarily a probowler.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:Looking over the remaining schedule and considering the way we been playing, 1-15 looks to be a very real possibility, more likely than not. I won't appreciate it until draft time, maybe!
I've watched this team since 1971, we don't have a shot at winning another game unless Cassel starts and probably not even then. Worst defense the Vikings have EVER put on the field and worst coaching staff in vikings history