Vikings future head coach?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings future head coach?

Post by Orion »

Frazier clearly isn't the answer and is on the hot seat. Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll both came from successful college teams, any chance the Vikings can go for the best college D1 coaches now? anyone know about them and if that is a possibility?
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings future head coach?

Post by Orion »

I was just doing some reading, what about Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Chris Petersen, Les Miles?
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Orion wrote:I was just doing some reading, what about Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Chris Petersen, Les Miles?
Saban didn't do well as a pro coach and he didn't enjoy it that much.

As for Urban Meyer, he's a wonderful *college* coach. I'm a Gator fan and they really miss Meyer's creativity these days. But Meyer is the first to admit that the style of his coaching is based on "college ball" and not pro ball. So I don't know if he could adapt to the NFL or not.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I don't follow much college football but seems like Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and Les Miles might all have some questionable ethics. Successful college careers aside, aren't these guys considered "enablers" who let their players run amok? Thinking Urban Meyer and Les Miles.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Im an Alabama fan and I can tell you now that Saban will not make a good HC in the NFL. He proved that with the Dolphins already. Alabama can be up 45-0 in the 4th quarter, if the back-up QB doesn't move the ball downfield and score, he will STILL be upset. lol He also likes to yell at players a lot. Stuff like that works in college and high school, but not the NFL.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jerry Kill :P

Just kidding.

I'm really hesitant to go for College Coaches... Idk... So many have failed, more than have succeeded.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Brett Favre.

... :D
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Brett Favre.

Go sit in the corner!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Brett Favre.

Oh man, Jim, that'd be so awesome!! He'd be his own offensive AND defensive coordinator, out there in his Wranglers drawing plays in the dirt, just playing FOOTBALL and, DARN IT, having fun doing it! Like a kid, you know? One really, really, REALLY in-shape kid, that is. So strong he always wins the Annual Hattiesburg Corn Shucking Contest by a minimum of 12 ears. Out there on the sidelines with a winning smile, cannon arm, gunslinger bravado and non-photogenic peni$ that he'll take blurry picture of and send to each player of the team he defeated that week because he doesn't give a fu<k. Then, if there's ever an incompletion, he'd pop on a helmet (no pads), and start taking snaps. The refs would allow it, because he's Brett Favre. We can get John Madden as assistant head coach, and watch him hoist Favre up after every interception.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote: Go sit in the corner!
I knew you'd love that. :D But, I was only half kidding! 8)
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote: Oh man, Jim, that'd be so awesome!! He'd be his own offensive AND defensive coordinator, out there in his Wranglers drawing plays in the dirt, just playing FOOTBALL and, DARN IT, having fun doing it! Like a kid, you know? One really, really, REALLY in-shape kid, that is. So strong he always wins the Annual Hattiesburg Corn Shucking Contest by a minimum of 12 ears. Out there on the sidelines with a winning smile, cannon arm, gunslinger bravado and non-photogenic peni$ that he'll take blurry picture of and send to each player of the team he defeated that week because he doesn't give a fu<k. Then, if there's ever an incompletion, he'd pop on a helmet (no pads), and start taking snaps. The refs would allow it, because he's Brett Favre. We can get John Madden as assistant head coach, and watch him hoist Favre up after every interception.
:rofl:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote: Oh man, Jim, that'd be so awesome!! He'd be his own offensive AND defensive coordinator, out there in his Wranglers drawing plays in the dirt, just playing FOOTBALL and, DARN IT, having fun doing it! Like a kid, you know? One really, really, REALLY in-shape kid, that is. So strong he always wins the Annual Hattiesburg Corn Shucking Contest by a minimum of 12 ears. Out there on the sidelines with a winning smile, cannon arm, gunslinger bravado and non-photogenic peni$ that he'll take blurry picture of and send to each player of the team he defeated that week because he doesn't give a fu<k. Then, if there's ever an incompletion, he'd pop on a helmet (no pads), and start taking snaps. The refs would allow it, because he's Brett Favre. We can get John Madden as assistant head coach, and watch him hoist Favre up after every interception.
You're insane, but in a good way.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote: You're insane, but in a good way.
Sorry. I forgot there was a lady here. Often I forget how manly I am. Not as manly as Brett Favre (who could be?) but, regular manly.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

:rofl:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Sorry. I forgot there was a lady here. Often I forget how manly I am. Not as manly as Brett Favre (who could be?) but, regular manly.
:rofl: That made me laugh harder than the first post! Thanks. My day needed a few laughs.