Ponder has rib injury. Does this open the door...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Ponder has rib injury. Does this open the door...

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote: Chip Scoggings on Twitter
I'm glad. I want to see how someone else does behind that line of ours. He might have a rough day against Pittsburgh!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Cassel is going to suck so bad I bet. If he starts and doesn't play well, you might as well expect Ponder to start for the rest of the season win or lose.
majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by majorm »

Just got the word from NFL Mobile. Cassell IS starting against the Steelers. We'll see.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Yep Official Vikings twitter says:

Minnesota Vikings ‏@Vikings 12m

Matt Cassel will start at QB for the #Vikings this Sunday.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote:Cassel is going to suck so bad I bet. If he starts and doesn't play well, you might as well expect Ponder to start for the rest of the season win or lose.
Nope. The MC is going to have a 3 td performance and more importantly lead us to our first victory. The bonus: It'll make Vikings fans despise Ponder even more. :lol:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Nope. The MC is going to have a 3 td performance and more importantly lead us to our first victory. The bonus: It'll make Vikings fans despise Ponder even more. :lol:
How much you wanna bet that even if Cassel has a great game and get us a W that Fraizer will start Ponder next week if healthy though? :lol:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote: How much you wanna bet that even if Cassel has a great game and get us a W that Fraizer will start Ponder next week if healthy though? :lol:
A ticket to a game next season? ;)
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote:

A ticket to a game next season? ;)
Ha!!!! I definitely will not be prepared for that cold weather. Anything below 45 degrees is too much for me!!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote: Ha!!!! I definitely will not be prepared for that cold weather. Anything below 45 degrees is too much for me!!
That's fine, because you'll be buying the ticket for me. Besides, it's not cold the first couple months of football season, dork. ;)
majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by majorm »

JEC334 wrote:How much you wanna bet that even if Cassel has a great game and get us a W that Fraizer will start Ponder next week if healthy though? :lol:
I have no doubt. Although, if the Vikings win and Casselll goes 25-30, 310 with 3 TDs and no picks, maybe he'll think about leaving him in there. I know, I know. I'm dreaming now.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Where is our next game after Pitt? I have no doubt Frazier will try to start Plinker but if Cassell wins Sunday and our next game is at home he will be booed off the planet.

majorm wrote: I have no doubt. Although, if the Vikings win and Casselll goes 25-30, 310 with 3 TDs and no picks, maybe he'll think about leaving him in there. I know, I know. I'm dreaming now.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Webbfann wrote:Where is our next game after Pitt? I have no doubt Frazier will try to start Plinker but if Cassell wins Sunday and our next game is at home he will be booed off the planet.
Next game(after the bye) is at home vs the Panthers, after that it's MNF in NY vs the Giants.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Didn't see this coming...at all.

What a bunch of half wits running this operation.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

majorm wrote: I have no doubt. Although, if the Vikings win and Casselll goes 25-30, 310 with 3 TDs and no picks, maybe he'll think about leaving him in there. I know, I know. I'm dreaming now.
Ha! I'm with JEC334 on this one, Ponder is back no matter how well Cassel plays. Unless! Unless Ponders ribs are still "sore" after the bye. Can you see that coming? I can see it happening. Cassel throws for over 300, and hey look at that, he gets to go again because Ponder is still nursing the sore ribs. Yep, I can see them stringing the sore ribs out until Cassel has a bad game or looks consistent enough to warrant a permanent change because of what Demi said ...
Demi wrote:Yep. Most gutless way of managing things possible.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

I've had busted ribs. They were exquisitely painful for many weeks. Cassell is really going to have to suck atrociously for Ponder's ribs to heal in 2 weeks.
Reignman wrote:Ha! I'm with JEC334 on this one, Ponder is back no matter how well Cassel plays. Unless! Unless Ponders ribs are still "sore" after the bye. Can you see that coming? I can see it happening. Cassel throws for over 300, and hey look at that, he gets to go again because Ponder is still nursing the sore ribs. Yep, I can see them stringing the sore ribs out until Cassel has a bad game or looks consistent enough to warrant a permanent change because of what Demi said ...