Steelers vs. Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Steelers vs. Vikings

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Peterson needs to have a big game and by Peterson I mean the entire offensive line. The Steelers receivers will put in work on offense and with how Minnesota's secondary has been playing, I don't think they'll stop them. Ball control and long, sustained drives. Vikes should be able to get an INT or two with the volume with which I think Pittsburgh will throw it.
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I've been a Viking fan for 15 years and I am extremely excited to see them live. I of course hope to see them win. However failing that, seeing ponders last game will do as a close second. In fact, a 7 to 6 win, with Rhodes returning an interception and ponder throwing 4 picks will do me just fine.
don't expect much from the uk crowd, I've been to these international series games before and it isn't great. In fact luckily, I'm off to watch Leeds play tomorrow night and that will be enough atmosphere for both games. Loud loud loud.
Also, there will probably be more steeler fans than Viking fans there, so this is nothing like a home game for us.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Eli wrote: The Steelers aren't poorly coached. They've proven that in past seasons. They have a very inexperienced offensive line that lost its best player in center Maurkice Pouncey. They were without TE Heath Miller until he saw limited action this last game. They have a defense that hasn't recorded a single turnover this season. If Le'Veon Bell can get their running game on track, it will open things up for Roethlisberger, who won't have to force things and they should be able to cut down on their turnovers.
They are poorly coached. They've been riding Bill Cowher's old roster for the longest and it seems to be finally fading away. The only good coach on that team is the D. Coordinator and his blitz packages. They haven't had a good running back since????? And if it wasn't for Big Ben's ability to extend plays, despite their terrible O-Line they'd be losing just like us. Wait a minute.......
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Don't forget, we have a nasty habit of helping teams fix their problems so the Steelers might look like the Steelers again vs us.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
UKViking
Backup

Post by UKViking »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... rib-injury

Maybe Cassel will get the start this weekend
lyzarde
Veteran

Post by lyzarde »

The Steelers are not very good this year. But they are still the Steelers and exactly the kind of team that can beat us. I don't expect a win here at all especially being in London. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben puts up monster #'s against us.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

UKViking wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... rib-injury

Maybe Cassel will get the start this weekend
It says he's injured, but still preparing to play. Also, the equipment managers are giving him extra padding. I'm sure Ponder is going to do everything he can to play as it would be terrible for him to sit out if Cassel has a good game.

Will Frazier make the move? I'm not sure, but I don't think Christian will sit himself down.