Should we do what Cleveland did at QB?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Should we do what Cleveland did at QB?

Post by The Breeze »

mondry wrote: They won't get to play us every week so we'll see how long that works for them.

As for us, if we do bench Ponder I don't really care either way. We can't seem to pass block so I'm not sure it matters much.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

mondry wrote: They won't get to play us every week so we'll see how long that works for them.

As for us, if we do bench Ponder I don't really care either way. We can't seem to pass block so I'm not sure it matters much.
Really? You don't think hitting Webb in the end zone makes a difference? Or Jennings on that out route? These are game changing throws that any average or above QB makes. Can we quit blaming the blocking already? :wallbang:
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Our ONLY chance to win 1 game this season is in London. No way we don't go 0-16 YES we are that bad
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

JEC334 wrote:We cant beat the Browns and people still think we have a chance? lol Technically yes but in reality we wont win. We will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

I say we will be lucky to win even 1 game
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Reignman wrote:Dude, we just lost to the BROWNS at home. A team that threw in the towel before the game even started. A team that went with a 3rd string QB and no running game AT ALL, and we made them look good. We gave up 31 points to a 1 dimensional team on the road in a hostile environment that went almost a year since their last 30 point game.
One dimensional? I thought the Browns were zero dimensional -- unless you count fake kicks.

We were pitiful. We were ready to lose, no matter the opponent. Truly rock bottom.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We should make a trade to NE for Mallet. I bet he has received the correct coaching so far, so the jokers here cant mess him up too much. He is who should have picked up in the 3rd round anyway, not reach for a 3rd roundd turd in the 1st.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Yeah, even I'm having trouble finding the silver lining in this one. This one hurts.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Laserman wrote:Our ONLY chance to win 1 game this season is in London. No way we don't go 0-16 YES we are that bad
:lol:

i'd take that action. :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

allday1991 wrote: Correct answer. What team has had a 0-3 start with 3 plus turnovers in those first three games and have made the playoffs? NONE, season is over 3-13 again.
San Diego went 0-4 with a minus 7 turnover ratio the first 4 games and made the playoffs. So it is possible. Not probable.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

thatguy wrote:Yeah, even I'm having trouble finding the silver lining in this one. This one hurts.
:shock: Who are you and what have you done with ThatGuy? :wink:

I agree. It's hard to find a positive when we lost at home to the Browns...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!