Kevin Williams to start 158th game...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Kevin Williams to start 158th game...

Post by Mothman »

... which will give the the lead in career starts at defensive tackle for the Vikings, passing the 157 established by Alan Page.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24 ... -alan-page
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Kevin Williams to start 158th game...

Post by losperros »

Congratulations to K-Will! The guy has always been a loyal, hard working player for the Vikings. I hope he can turn it up a notch this season, which may even be his last.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

K Will has been my favorite since Moss left us. It is too bad this will be his last season. Hopefully he plays lights out for us. It is really going to hurt watching him not on the Vikings' d-line after this season.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:K Will has been my favorite since Moss left us. It is too bad this will be his last season. Hopefully he plays lights out for us. It is really going to hurt watching him not on the Vikings' d-line after this season.
when did he say this was his last season?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Good stuff as Kev reflects on his years with the Vikes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-will ... --nfl.html
''You have to soak up all the moments you can,'' said Williams, who was voted the recipient of the Ed Block Courage award by his teammates this week. ''The wins, enjoy the playoff runs, embrace all the people you meet and the friends you make because one day it's going to eventually be done. Right now we're just trying to play ball, enjoy the group I'm with and we'll see where we go at the end of the year.''
''It's been a blessing and an honor for me to be able to play with him,'' Adrian Peterson said. ''Just an incredible talent and a great person. On the field, he's been doing it for so long and dominating. ... You don't really find that that often, especially on the defensive front. He stands with an elite group.''
Pretty funny:
-An interpreter for new faces: When defensive end Jared Allen arrived in a trade in 2008, Williams helped him as he struggled to understand the mumbling of fellow tackle Pat Williams.

''He was actually my translator to understand what Pat was saying,'' Allen said. ''It took me about a year to understand what Pat was saying. Now I speak fluent Pat Williams.''
More quotes from Williams, Frazier, and teammates at the link. Worth the read!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Say it ain't so Kevin, say it ain't so! Retire a Viking, what's another couple million? :rock: :rock: :smilevike: :smilevike:
Last edited by CbusVikesFan on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

CbusVikesFan wrote:So it ain't so Kevin, so it ain't so! Retire a Viking, what's another couple million? :rock: :rock: :smilevike: :smilevike:
I'd keep him around for a couple more years. If for nothing else than to rotate in with Sharif Floyd as he develops.

I just have gut feeling that he'll retire after this season...which isn't the worst thing in the world if he retires in purple. Been a really, really fun career to watch. Seems like a really genuine individual as well.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Like I said back in September, it will be a sad day when Kevin goes. Kevin has been my favorite since Moss left. It is too bad we couldn't have won the Super Bowl with him in purple.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Hard working guy who never gets hurt and doesn't make the news for the wrong reasons.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I hope he retires a Viking too. Wonder how much hes going to want for his final years.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

For the Vikings "botching the pick" they did OK.

Oh, 2003 draft. Yeah...
From Super Bowl Nation:
"That year, it was the Vikings who were picking 7th, and they were on the clock. They were working the phones, and thought they had a deal with Baltimore, but the trade was not turned in on time, and time expired on the Vikings. As ESPN commentator Chris Berman...and all of Vikings nation...were literally flipping out that the Vikings had indeed passed, Jacksonville and Carolina, the two teams immediately after the Vikings, did what the Vikings didn't do in 2002: they rushed to the podium, pick in hand, and selected their guy. By now, it's pandemonium on the ESPN set and at the VIkings draft party at the Winter Park headquarters.
The Vikings FINALLY get a pick in, and select Oklahoma State defensive tackle Kevin Williams, the guy they say they want all along. Fans are furious that the Vikings look idiotic again, when Tice addresses the crowd at Winter Park he has to quell a near mutiny, and the media just piss pounds the Vikings ineptitude for days following that fiasco."
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.