The positives

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: The positives

Post by majorm »

Demi wrote: Start Chase Ford and he'd have solid games too. Same with Shank Dawg and Wiggins...especially with Check Down Charlie Bummy McBumBum at Qb....
:lol: Yeah, Ponder never met a dump off he didn't like.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: I found these notes from the Dallas game. He was better against Washington but he missed tackles on Morris.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Defe ... boys110613
I didn't get to watch this game (the NO vs. SF game was aired in my part of the country). Did Sendejo suck at wrapping up again? The highlights that I caught displayed an UNBELIEVABLE number of guys ABSOLUTELY SUCKING at tackling, but I didn't see anything egregious by Sendejo in particular. What I saw, of course, was a very limited sample.

Also, FWIW, I could give two turds whether Sendejo becomes a reliable guy for us--not like he's my brother or anything. (BTW, his last name is ridiculously close to Pendejo, Jack-as$ in Mexican Spanish, which matters little, of course, but I find humorous.) I just like that he hits hard. Ever since we lost Harrison Smith we've been in need of someone that puts fear in the rivals' head. This league has become so soft, it's nice to see someone fly in the face of those tendencies.

Positives? Jarius' TD catch was a thing of beauty. He's a guy that seems like a gem just waiting to shine w/ a new QB and a new O coordinator/ coach.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote:I didn't get to watch this game (the NO vs. SF game was aired in my part of the country). Did Sendejo suck at wrapping up again? The highlights that I caught displayed an UNBELIEVABLE number of guys ABSOLUTELY SUCKING at tackling, but I didn't see anything egregious by Sendejo in particular. What I saw, of course, was a very limited sample.
I don't recall many missed tackles although Lynch was dragging 3 or 4 defenders with him on numerous carries so he wasn't exactly laid out either. What I did notice was that the majority of Wilson's deep passes were on Sendejo's side of the field. Whether that was a breakdown by Rhodes or Sendejo is debatable but they picked on that side a number of times.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Rhodes fell on one of those deep balls. Not a good thing, but explainable.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I believe Sandejo collapsed in on one of Lynchs TDs allowing Lynch to just run around the outside of him... had he stayed put he may of atleast hit Lynch, not sure if he wouldve wrapped up or not...
Formerly AADPFan
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Greenway doesn't wrap up either and he is make about 100 times more. Nor can greenway cover anyone in the middle.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

AADPFan wrote:I believe Sandejo collapsed in on one of Lynchs TDs allowing Lynch to just run around the outside of him... had he stayed put he may of atleast hit Lynch, not sure if he wouldve wrapped up or not...
You're right, I forgot about that one. He collapsed in and Sanford made a half-hearted shoulder tackle.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Positives? I am liking what I have seen out of Wright and Carlson. Perhaps we're beginning to see what he brings to the table when used properly.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Regardless of where he plays next season, Allen plans to retire a Viking.

"Wherever I go, when I retire, I'm going to call them and say, 'Hey, let me sign a one-day contract,'" Allen said. "Minnesota will always be in my heart..."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... gs-in-2014

:smilevike:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Oh, joy. Jared Allen thinks he's a Viking.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:Oh, joy. Jared Allen thinks he's a Viking.
Thinks? 8)
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Eli wrote:Oh, joy. Jared Allen thinks he's a Viking.
Good, maybe he will stay for less money.

I was thinking about this thread, first that was 7 pages long, and I don't know how a "positives" thread made 7 pages so far this year. And second, the fact that it is only 7 pages longs.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Raptorman wrote:I was thinking about this thread, first that was 7 pages long, and I don't know how a "positive's" thread made 7 pages so far this year. And second, the fact that it is only 7 pages longs.
You ought to know by now how it works. Every positive is tempered by one or two negatives, which are impossible to overlook. These account for the bulk of the 7 pages.
majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by majorm »

Eli wrote: You ought to know by now how it works. Every positive is tempered by one or two negatives, which are impossible to overlook. These account for the bulk of the 7 pages.
Allow me to compliment you sir on your awesome new avatar!!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I kinda like this one better - the 109 yard kickoff return against the Packers.