The positives

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: The positives

Post by Raptorman »

Eli wrote:It was good to see what Greg Jennings is actually capable of doing. The guy runs some pretty routes and gets open.
And Packer fans ain't saying squat about him this week.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

i recall reading an article showing how jennings is open constantly and ponder just couldnt find him...

it certainly is frustrating to see what could have been all season with jennings playing so well when cassel is in
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

smoothoperator wrote:i recall reading an article showing how jennings is open constantly and ponder just couldnt find him...

it certainly is frustrating to see what could have been all season with jennings playing so well when cassel is in
Ponder's inability to find Jennings was baffling, if for no other reason than you would think he'd look for him all the time since Jennings is the best, most accomplished receiver on the team. I think it's one of the bigger strikes against Ponder and it really illustrates his failure to develop into the QB the Vikings were hoping he'd become when they drafted him.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote: Ponder's inability to find Jennings was baffling, if for no other reason than you would think he'd look for him all the time since Jennings is the best, most accomplished receiver on the team. I think it's one of the bigger strikes against Ponder and it really illustrates his failure to develop into the QB the Vikings were hoping he'd become when they drafted him.
For sure. I think that's what has been most frustrating for me. We bring in Jennings, who has been one of the better WRs in the past how many years, and Ponder can't even find him. It's sad. Cassel comes in: BOOM touchdown Jennings! "Wait. What? Jennings is still playing!? Holy cow, yeah! Greg Jennings! Woohoo! Yeah, baby!" :D That's why Cassel is a breath of fresh air to most of us. We were so excited about the Jennings signing and Patterson pick, and we've been mostly disappointed until Cassel got in there and tried to get everyone involved. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jerome Simpson, but the other guys are talented, as well. Didn't Wright have close to 100 yards the other day as well? That's another guy I had high hopes for after last season.

Cassel looks good out there! More Cassel, please? ;)
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Despite being book worm smart, his football IQ is insanely low. Can't read a defense, can't make timing throws, can't get past his first read, melts at the first sign of pressure, really just kinda sad. It's so bad that I actually think it would be hard to try and find someone worse than Ponder in the next draft, not sure how Spielman whiffed so hard on that one. But to put a positive spin on it for the thread, I'm sure he'll do fine next time! lol
Puddin'Taine
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Puddin'Taine »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am going to go against the grain of the Message Board and talk about some of the positives. Mods, please, if this thread gets derailed, either close it or delete the offending posts.

Jeff Locke. Great game. So far, he is better than Kluwe ever was. His punts landed inside the 10, but not in the endzone. I love it!!

Bobby Felder. He looks good returning Punts. I would like to see how he does as the main punt returner.

MBT. Making the most out of his opportunities. Good for him!! His fade TD was a pretty pass.
First off, PurpleMust, I want to say right away that there is NOTHING wrong with your post or anything In it I want to criticize. And that is kind of my problem. LOL!

I just find it so frustrating that its coming up on Week 16, and everyone is writing and sounds like how we discuss the Pre Season!!! STILL... These are the "exact" type of posts that get posted after every pre season game.

I keep looking for and at all the positives every week also, but I don't even know who the team IS right now anymore! It seems the last 3 seasons have been weeks of putting in this player for that player for many and whatever reasons! A player doesn't play a pro bowl game, more often then not the next week we see a different player giving a shot. Of course there are a few mainstays that we all know well.

However, I've finally realized that every week now I am geared up, SKOL Ready and rooting for the IDEA of The Minnesota Vikings!! Is anyone else with me on this? Like, do I make sense here?

That's the biggest problem I see, Is WHO the heck ARE the Vikings!! I'm so tired of not having a week in week out Full Time TEAM!
When did this start? and why isn't this the main issue being addressed? Do we even have a Team anymore?
"He kept getting pies in the face and everyone thought it was so funny.I didn't think it was so funny.They should have eaten the pies instead of throwing them at each other If they were mad,why didn't they just knock the crap out of each other?"
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

It was good to see Harrison Smith back in the lineup. It was evident from his play, though, that he was either rusty, not quite 100%, or both. He's expected to start this week against the Bengals, but will be limited.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Big positive: I have a free ticket to the last game at the Dome.

Read more here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26874
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Several posts were removed, lets try to keep with the theme of the thread, which is pointing out the positives.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Patterson had a nice run for a TD. He is going to be a central figure with our offense for years to come...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

From NFL Network patriarch:

@richeisen: I know the season is lost, but Vikings fans have to be excited about idea of Patterson, Jennings and Peterson in same offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

One more week of Frazier and the clown show that is musgrave and williams!
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

mondry wrote:One more week of Frazier and the clown show that is musgrave and williams!

That's a BIG positive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: