Vikings VS Packers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings VS Packers Predictions

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: People are just being hopeful and enthusiastic. In other words, Vikings fans on a Vikings board are acting like fans. Surprise! I doubt anybody is completely overlooking the possibility that the Packers could come into the dome and win decisively. IF Rodgers throws 5 TDs, the Vikes will probably lose but IF the Vikings play like they did last week, IF they win the turnover battle, there's a good chance they'll win. I see no more reason to scoff at the optimistic predictions of some Vikes fans than to scoff at your prediction above. Nobody knows how the game will turn out. Yes, the Packers will have a say in the outcome of the game but so will the Vikings, who just won 3 games many didn't believe they could win.

Personally, I'm predicting a Vikes win. I think they will have a good game plan, a high confidence level and will make just enough plays to get the victory they need.
I agree Jim and I would say that this is a signature / statement game for the Vikes. A win Sunday, that would move them into the play-offs against the Packers, would be huge. It will also be quite devastating to lose but at least we have all seen great improvements over last year and have many good things to look forward to.
It just reminds of what a dismal off season last year was following one of the worst records ever and now fans have so much more to hope for next year or so it seems.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Didn't really feel like starting another thread for this but if you live in the red, FOX will carry the Vikings game.

Honolulu and Fairbanks will also see the Vikings. Those in Anchorage are unfortunately out of luck.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

S197 wrote:Didn't really feel like starting another thread for this but if you live in the red, FOX will carry the Vikings game.

Honolulu and Fairbanks will also see the Vikings. Those in Anchorage are unfortunately out of luck.
Well guess I'll be headed to the Vikings Fan club again this week. Oh well. Just means I'll have to buy food and drinks.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

808vikingsfan wrote:Not a good sign. I can't remember the last time I walked away from a TV happy when a BIG game was televised.
Hahaha. That's such a good point. You have to go all the way back to 2009 to find a game like that. And even that year had some games where we shot ourselves in the foot on national television (Cardinals, Panthers, Bears). Other than that, how far back do we have to go? 2008 Bears Sunday night? Gus Frerotte to Bernard Berrian for 99 yards? Remember it? And then we'd have to go all the way back to '06 opening weekend if I'm not mistaken!

Good Lord, I wish you hadn't mentioned this. Haha. You reminded me how awful we are in the national spotlight. Arghhhhhhhh. :wallbang:
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

ponder will cost us a shot at the playoffs. he is a bum.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Oh do the Vikings actually play a big game on Sunday? Because ESPN has me believing the season is over and the superbowl is between the Cowboys and Redskins this Sunday.

I'm a bit jaded so I keep wondering how we'll lose this game. I don't want to get my hopes up and see them do it to me again, so for my own mental health I'm going into it expecting a loss. Now I'm only wondering how we're going to lose. It's gotta be heartbreaking and painful so it won't be a blow out.

I think we'll have a 2 TD lead late in the 4th. AD will be at 2001 yards so we'll sit him down. Then with a combination of TG running us into a couple of quick 3 n outs and Rodgers carving up our prevent D, it'll be tied up in no time. After Rodgers ties it up with just under a minute to go, we'll have to truck AD back out there. Now cold, on his first carry, he'll be hit in the backfield and fumble. He'll be credited with a 3 yard loss and the Packers will recover in chip shot FG range. They'll run the clock down and Crosby will kick a FG over the right upright. One ref will signal miss and the other will signal good ... and after further review ... the refs call it good. Our season ends and AD finishes with 1998 yards. My prediction or my biggest fear? lol

Packers 31-28
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Reignman wrote:Oh do the Vikings actually play a big game on Sunday? Because ESPN has me believing the season is over and the superbowl is between the Cowboys and Redskins this Sunday.
Tell me about it!!!! All week it's been NFC East this, NFC East that, Giants this, Giants that... Even the Bears seem to have gotten significant attention! For God's sake, from watching ESPN you'd NEVER guess that the team in control of its destiny is none other than our lowly little Vikings! They keep leaving out that the loser of DAL-WSH goes home if we win. Ugh. But I can't get too mad, because I think the lack of attention works in our favor.
Reignman wrote:I think we'll have a 2 TD lead late in the 4th. AD will be at 2001 yards so we'll sit him down. Then with a combination of TG running us into a couple of quick 3 n outs and Rodgers carving up our prevent D, it'll be tied up in no time. After Rodgers ties it up with just under a minute to go, we'll have to truck AD back out there. Now cold, on his first carry, he'll be hit in the backfield and fumble. He'll be credited with a 3 yard loss and the Packers will recover in chip shot FG range. They'll run the clock down and Crosby will kick a FG over the right upright. One ref will signal miss and the other will signal good ... and after further review ... the refs call it good. Our season ends and AD finishes with 1998 yards. My prediction or my biggest fear? lol

Packers 31-28
If that happens, I may never watch football again. I mean that.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I find the pessimism a little amusing (not because I don't understand it - I do) but this has been such a great season in terms of expectations being exceeded. I will admit this:

If a thread had been started at the beginning of the season which stipulated the Vikings would be playing the Packers for a playoff spot in the final game of the season and asked for my prediction it would have been something like:

Seriously? OK :roll: 154-3 Vikings, because that's as likley as us being in that position at the end of the year.

Whether we win or lose on Sunday (I actually think we will win, but anyway) this season has given me so much to look forward to for 2013. :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Just Me wrote:I find the pessimism a little amusing (not because I don't understand it - I do) but this has been such a great season in terms of expectations being exceeded. I will admit this:

If a thread had been started at the beginning of the season which stipulated the Vikings would be playing the Packers for a playoff spot in the final game of the season and asked for my prediction it would have been something like:

Seriously? OK :roll: 154-3 Vikings, because that's as likley as us being in that position at the end of the year.

Whether we win or lose on Sunday (I actually think we will win, but anyway) this season has given me so much to look forward to for 2013. :smilevike:
AMEN BROTHER! :smilevike:

I really don't think we will win this week. Not because the vikings are terrible, but just because the packers are better. I know we beat the better team last week, so there is hope for us. Still, Rogers is so much better than Shaub I don't see us frustrating him like we did Schaub. My prediction:

Vikings 26
Packers 31
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Just Me wrote:I find the pessimism a little amusing (not because I don't understand it - I do) but this has been such a great season in terms of expectations being exceeded. I will admit this:

I completely agree. But Vikings fans such as myself view this as the team 'getting my hopes up' only to bring them crashing down in spectacular fashion this weekend. Yeah, that's a crappy way to look at it, but you know how cynical Vikings fans are. Would I rather have seen the team play to its expectations and get 5 wins? Hell no. But still, we're used to pain and heartbreak, so we're bracing ourselves.

For the record I think we have a great chance to win tomorrow. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we did.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

admvp wrote: I completely agree. But Vikings fans such as myself view this as the team 'getting my hopes up' only to bring them crashing down in spectacular fashion this weekend. Yeah, that's a crappy way to look at it, but you know how cynical Vikings fans are. Would I rather have seen the team play to its expectations and get 5 wins? Hell no. But still, we're used to pain and heartbreak, so we're bracing ourselves.

For the record I think we have a great chance to win tomorrow. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we did.

Mhm. I feel like true Vikings fans are like cats. 9 lives. Hearts have been broken over and over. With that, Just Me said it right. No sane Viking fan would have thought before the season started that this game would have Viking playoff implications. Im of the "younger" generation. My heart has been broken twice; 1998 vs the Falcons, and 2009.
But those teams were supposed to be in the positions they were. I feel there is nothing to lose this season. I'll have my usual 3 heart palpitations during the game, but if we lose "conventionally", I'll be proud of what they accomplished this year, given they won 3 games last year. Skol!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

My prediction will come tomorrow before the game after my traditional and initial first 3 beers.
Ninerfan90
Waterboy

Post by Ninerfan90 »

Hey Viking Fans, just wanted to stop by and see what your opinion on the big game against GB. Obviously being a Niner fan I hope you guys destroy GB and we beat AZ. Would also love to see AP get the record. Have the most upward respect for him as player. Anyways I think if Ponder plays the way he played against us you will have a good chance of pulling the upset. Also the way you played against Houston was awesome and maybe that momentum will carry into this game. Good luck guys, beat GB and hopefully see you in the playoffs ;).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Ninerfan90 wrote:Hey Viking Fans, just wanted to stop by and see what your opinion on the big game against GB. Obviously being a Niner fan I hope you guys destroy GB and we beat AZ. Would also love to see AP get the record. Have the most upward respect for him as player. Anyways I think if Ponder plays the way he played against us you will have a good chance of pulling the upset. Also the way you played against Houston was awesome and maybe that momentum will carry into this game. Good luck guys, beat GB and hopefully see you in the playoffs ;).
Thanks! Good luck against Arizona tomorrow.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

My only prediction is that this will be one helluva game. Win or lose i'm happy with the way this team has turned things around from last season and is finishing games.
It sucks and it's exciting to have so much riding on our final game and against the pack. If we had handled Indy we wouldn't be in this position.
It will be the last home game regardless...the Dome will be crazy.

This will be a good game...I will be happy either way as long as they leave it all on the field and the zebras have miminmal impact.