Man Kills Son to Avoid Paying Child Support

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Man Kills Son to Avoid Paying Child Support

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S728097.shtml?cat=1

(AP) NEW ORLEANS - A man who initially told police gunmen kidnapped his 2 1/2-year-old son was arrested Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

More at the link.

Well thank God he fixed that silly child support problem.. :roll:

What the hell is wrong with people nowadays? Just when you think you have heard it all...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Re: Man Kills Son to Avoid Paying Child Support

Post by OJVIKE »

let me have'em....he will get exacly what his son got!!!!!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Child support is bull.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Child support is bull.
You have serious issues...seek council.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Why? If someone isn't allowed to be in a kid's life then the parent shouldn't get child support. The parent shouldn't get extra money for being "accustomed" to a certain lifestyle. I hate alimony and child support, its like peonage until the kid hits 18. I grew up in a single parent(mother) household. My mom, my brothers, and myself didn't get anything from him for YEARS. Not one second of time or one thin red cent. We grew up poor but better for it I feel.
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

Child support needs to be paid!!! By either him or her!!Why anyone would take somthing away from a child is beyond me.They didn't ask to be here,yet they are the ones who suffer.B_ LL S_IT.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

OJVIKE wrote:Child support needs to be paid!!! By either him or her!!Why anyone would take somthing away from a child is beyond me.They didn't ask to be here,yet they are the ones who suffer.B_ LL S_IT.

Exactly. Whether you agree with it or not, for the kid's sake it needs to be paid.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I supported my five children... and still do when needed, though they "aren't in my life" as much these days. They're adults and live on their own... a parent's duty never ends.

Don't agree with that, keep it in your pants.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

no matter how you feel about Child Support

the father should be put to death for what he did. Poor excuse
for a human being killing your two year old son.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The child support system is definitely messed up ... but that's not really what this story brings to my mind first. If you don't like a law, killing someone isn't the way to make things better.

Though this kind of story really shows you the shape our society is in, IMO. People running around so concerned about money they're willing to kill their children because of it. Ah debt ... the new slavery.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

(AP) NEW ORLEANS - A man who initially told police gunmen kidnapped his 2 1/2-year-old son was arrested Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

A new take on the Rae Carruth story. It's mindboggling how people can do things like this. And think they'll get away with it.

Dawn
http://mn-duluth.myminicity.com/
wisconsinvik
Practice Squad

Post by wisconsinvik »

Child Support is messed up in my opinion and needs to be re-thought out. Do you really think that most people spend the money on their kids? I had an ex that had a kid and was getting child support from the father. I can tell you that hardly any of the money was spent in the kids favor. She didn't really need to though, because whenever her kid would come back home from his dads, the fathers parents would send new clothes, some food, etc. IMO they need to give all of the single parents recieving child support something like what people with Food Stamps have. Basically its like a debit card except they can only use it to buy certain items, and would not be able to get cash from an atm with it. If theres a lot left in the account when said kid turns 18 it should get roled into an account where they could use it towards college, or other things in that nature.

Anyways, if the kid wasn't supposed to happen imo why wasn't more precaution taken? There can't be that many "accidents."

I work at a Kwik Trip in Menomonie WI, which is a college city. The first day of work they mentioned that they didn't sell condoms. I didn't think much of it untill we started getting guys walking in, acting wierd, looking over their shoulder like their going to steal something. After they finally can't find the condoms they'll come up and ask me. I have to tell them sorry, and joke around about how they want everyone to populate for more customers. But it worries me that since they couldn't get any there then they'll probably say f*ck it and still dip their wick thinking that "oh it won't happen." I work 3rd shift from 11pm to 7am, so most of the people that come in are coming from the bars or a party. Sadly its more than likely its for some one night stand, which makes it worse imo.

And for why Kwik Trip doesn't sell condoms, its because its owned by Catholics. Funny thing is we have as big of a beer selection as any liqour store. A nice big walk-in cooler, cheap as, if not cheaper than the liqour stores around here. (And I know, Catholics are famous for their drinking, but I still think its hyprocritical) If you don't know what Kwik Trip is, its a gas station/basically a mini grocery store based out of Lacrosse, Wisconsin. Not sure how far they spread into Minnesota but I know they have some right across the border.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

wisconsinvik wrote:If you don't know what Kwik Trip is, its a gas station/basically a mini grocery store based out of Lacrosse, Wisconsin.
Kwik Trip used to be my lifeline when I was in college and driving between the Cities and Chicago regularly. They have (had?) some insane size of fountain pop/slushee, like 72oz. When doing that drive without enough sleep, 1 or 2 of those would do the trick :)
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

It's a sick, sick world. I have read a lot of true crime (especially Ann Rule). One bright thing I have learned from her about this is when a child killer or rapist goes to prison, they are on the bottom rung of the ladder and he will be having quite a bit of "social interaction" with other prisoners, if he is not killed.
Tammy
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Its a shame this ever happened no matter what and is a sad commentary on society.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!