vikes schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: vikes schedual

Post by frosted »

I think I might try to go to the Panther game.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote:
(BTW, somebody please fix the thread title.)
:lol:
Skedjool?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purplemania wrote:Get ready for a miserable season. I see 3 wins only.

But anything can happen :wink:
Not sure how you can only see 3 wins. You have to consider what we have gotten via free agency as well as what we will get in the draft. You're banking too much on last year and our bad defense and bad coaches. You are going to see a big change this year. The talent on this team will actually be utilized this year....not sitting on the bench halfway through the season.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

ahh I see 6 wins to 9 wins next year .. the team improves and the defense begins to solidify
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Too bad they didn't get Miami at home at the end of December, always nice to bring those warm weather teams up north late in the year. The cold could be a factor on nov 30 at home against Carolina, but other than that all our home opponents in late season are used to winterball.

Do you think the schedule release affects the approach to the draft? I don't think it would have much impact but maybe Spielman and Zimmer look at weeks 2 through 6, against all those top QBs, and it might sway them in the direction of taking a DB with that #8 pick (or trading down to get one a little later)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Please correct the spelling on Schedual to schedule, it is driving me insane, not really :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Every year the schedule looks hard and then a couple teams on there end up being terrible and it's not so bad. The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is everyone looking at the week they play the Vikings and thinking they have an easy one in store for them.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I really dislike we have to play the Saints right after we play the Pats. Our defense will be worn out after the Patriots game.
3Deep
Practice Squad

Post by 3Deep »

thatoneguy wrote: @ St. Louis- W
New England- L
@ New Orleans- L
Atlanta- L
@ Green Bay- L
Detroit- W
@ Buffalo- W
@ Tampa Bay- W
Washington- W
Bye
@ Chicago- L
Green Bay- W
Carolina- W
New York Jets- W
@ Detroit- W
@ Miami- W
Chicago- W

10-6 Wild Card but SB Champs!!
@ St. Louis- W
New England- L
@ New Orleans- L
Atlanta- L
@ Green Bay- L
Detroit- W
@ Buffalo- W
@ Tampa Bay- W
Washington- L
Bye
@ Chicago- L
Green Bay- L
Carolina- L
New York Jets- W
@ Detroit- W
@ Miami- W
Chicago- W

8-8 ...but what do I know. It's way too early for this haha.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zulgad: Five thoughts on the Vikings' schedule for 2014 season
the Vikings' opponents have a 2013 winning percentage of .477, putting the team's strength of schedule 21st in the NFL.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... ason042414
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

King James wrote:I really dislike we have to play the Saints right after we play the Pats. Our defense will be worn out after the Patriots game.
Naw, just getting loosened up :v):

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

dead_poet wrote:Zulgad: Five thoughts on the Vikings' schedule for 2014 season
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... ason042414
I read the schedule and it looked pretty favorable to me.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Schedule reaction: Zimmer better be a quick fixer
The toughest part of the schedule -- ON PAPER -- comes in the first five weeks.

A season-opener on the road, even if it is St. Louis, is never good (see: at Detroit, 2013). And then things get really tough.

Until the Vikings prove they have a quarterback and can stop the other team's quarterback, a good place to start evaluating their schedule is at the quarterback position. And Weeks 2-5 features Brady followed by Brees on the road; followed by Matt Ryan and a presumably healthy set of giant, skilled receivers; followed by Rodgers on the road on a short week (Thursday night).

If Zimmer's defense isn't fixed by the time the Vikings return from St. Louis, it may be broken beyond repair by the time Week 6 rolls around.
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/56735627.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Schedule reaction: Zimmer better be a quick fixer
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/56735627.html
From what I've been reading around here, first-time head coach Mike Zimmer can mold any player into a defensive dynamo so the Vikings should be fine. Last year's problems were all due to coaching incompetence so now that most of the coaches have been replaced: problems solved! :evil:

Seriously, I like Zimmer so far and I'm hoping for the best but he's not exactly facing easy circumstances to begin his head coaching career. History hasn't been kind to teams displaced by stadium construction or renovation and the schedule-makers weren't kind to Zimmer and the Vikes either. They're going to need good QB play and some very good defensive performances to come out of the first third of their schedule with more than 1 or 2 wins.

On the other hand, they had GB on the ropes at Lambeau last year before their defense collapsed (again) against the onslaught of Mighty Matt Flynn. Maybe they can pull off a prime time upset of the Packers this year. That would be sweet.

I'm looking forward to the season! It should be an interesting one, to say the least...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

So, do the schedule-makers want most of the NFC North to start slowly?

Green Bay and Chicago both play 4 of their first 6 games on the road.

The Vikings play 3 of their first 5 on the road.

Only the Lions have more home games than away games in the first 5 weeks.