The positives

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The positives

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:I kinda like this one better - the 109 yard kickoff return against the Packers.
That moment was amazing. ...and that was the only moment that was amazing. :lol:

The rest of the night was "GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!!" Disgusting. I can't wait to get our revenge this weekend. :twisted:

Beating the Packers is ALWAYS positive. (Sorry to those who want to get a better draft pick. Nope!)

:govikes:
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Here's a positive:

We're going to see some of our other young guys getting chances. Audie Cole this week, maybe Gerald Hodges, maybe a little more Everson Griffen if Robison is hurt. Would like to see a little more of Josh Freeman too.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Well, if we're now listing positives yet to happen:

Next year we get to see a new coaching staff, a new starting QB, and about 15 new players on the roster. Can't wait for the next season to begin.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Everyone's looking forward to a rebuild as the team's struggling to come out of a rebuild?
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

"struggling to come out of a rebuild"

That's one way of putting it. To tell the truth, I don't know what to call it, and I don't quite know how they got to where they are now after three seasons of supposedly rebuilding.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Eli wrote:"struggling to come out of a rebuild"

That's one way of putting it. To tell the truth, I don't know what to call it, and I don't quite know how they got to where they are now after three seasons of supposedly rebuilding.
The Packers would be rebuilding if they didn't have Aaron Rodgers, lord knows how much the Colts would have been rebuilding if they didn't have Manning for all those years.

We'll see if Freeman's got it.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Slick Rick wrote:We'll see if Freeman's got it.
Will we? After that first disastrous outing, they're sure taking their time.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Eli wrote: Will we? After that first disastrous outing, they're sure taking their time.
He may have poor mechanics, which is completely coachable. We will see, I'd at least think they'd want to see more than just one really bad performance.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Slick Rick wrote: He may have poor mechanics, which is completely coachable. We will see, I'd at least think they'd want to see more than just one really bad performance.
So, after 4½ years in the league with poor mechanics, you figure that the Vikings coaching staff will correct it in a couple of weeks?
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Did anyone else think he made mostly good decisions? That's what I felt. He doesn't have very good touch, but I'm willing to bet that we will eventually learn to scheme a bit better around that. He is excellent throwing from mid to long range, and he is usually excellent under duress. He keeps his eyes on the play as he escapes the pocket, and usually only runs the ball if he needs to.

I think all the mental and physical tools are there, he just needs to maybe fix his mechanics up a bit and he could be fantastic. Bill Musgrave was QB coach in Atlanta during Matt Ryan's development, so maybe he can help Josh, too.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Slick Rick wrote:Did anyone else think he made mostly good decisions? That's what I felt. He doesn't have very good touch, but I'm willing to bet that we will eventually learn to scheme a bit better around that. He is excellent throwing from mid to long range, and he is usually excellent under duress. He keeps his eyes on the play as he escapes the pocket, and usually only runs the ball if he needs to.

I think all the mental and physical tools are there, he just needs to maybe fix his mechanics up a bit and he could be fantastic. Bill Musgrave was QB coach in Atlanta during Matt Ryan's development, so maybe he can help Josh, too.
He is god awful. But he still should be playing over Ponder. For whatever the reason Fraizer has been told to keep on playing Ponder.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Eli wrote: You ought to know by now how it works. Every positive is tempered by one or two negatives, which are impossible to overlook. These account for the bulk of the 7 pages.
That and many of the "positives" are sarcastic in nature.
Eli wrote:"struggling to come out of a rebuild"

I got 3 names for you in no particular order, Frazier, Musgrave, and Williams.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Freeman actually found open WRs and pushed the ball down the field. He just couldn't complete anything.

Ponder either checks down or runs and when he does go down field he stares down his receiver.
I heard he writes bad checks and is mean to puppies too.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:rofl: Even after acknowledging how bad Ponder is as a QB...still sticks up for him.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

didn't see the game today...had to haul firewood.

Looks like Audie "Housecat" Cole has himself a great game from his stat line.