Sunday hope to watch for

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Sunday hope to watch for

Post by IIsweet »

With an L, we will be 7-10. I don't see us winning against a pissed off HC in Dan Campbell and Detroit playing for the #2 seed.
Right now we are sitting in the #12 spot for the draft.
Was curious as to how high we can go and what scenarios need to happen.
Jets are favored over NE and would be 7-10 with a higher opponent win percentage. We move up 1 spot.
Vegas Raiders are favored over Denver making them 8-9, moving us up another slot, now at #10.
Atlanta plays NO, and I doubt they win, but they are playing for an outside chance at getting the division crown and playoff berth. Maybe saving HC Smith's job. If they win, that would move us up another to #9.
Lastly, if Da Bears would upset GB, which I find the most unlikely of all scenarios, we would move up to the #8 spot !!!

That would be great for the draft next year. It gives us such a better player, more draft worth for trading, and can help this team in need of superstar players. It makes moving up for a QB more affordable, if they choose.
We will know tomorrow night
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Sunday hope to watch for

Post by IIsweet »

Crap.... We have #11.
Not sure how Jets are 1 pick ahead of us, but us losing to Detroit was worth more than NYJ beating NE ??? :confused:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:23 pm Crap.... We have #11.
Not sure how Jets are 1 pick ahead of us, but us losing to Detroit was worth more than NYJ beating NE ??? :confused:
You don't think there will be anything worth while at pick #11? You will have the pick of the best player available for a position at that spot. We need help across the board. Based on the media 3 or 4 QBs should be picked which drops us down to No 8. There will be a stud at that spot. Stay there and take the stud. Fans want a QB but top level players at another position can help greatly. A shut down CB or big time pass rusher would be a nice addition. A dominate IDL player is also needed. A big play safety like Hamilton would be great IMO.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Came down to strength of schedule. If final records are identical it comes down to which team faced worse competition to produce that record, and in the case of the Vikings, they had the hardest strength of schedule of the sucky teams.

The 11th pick is really not a great spot to land in this year's draft if they're looking for a QB, but it's not bad for talent at multiple other positions. If KAM does trade back, as long as he gets appropriate value for the trade and the trade doesn't strengthen one of our divisional rivals I'll be fine with it.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

We might be in a very fortunate position in this draft. There are 4-5 legit WR/TE that might come off the board before our pick.

So really, we are in a great spot for a QB, OL, or defensive stud who might have otherwise gone top 5.

PLEASE do not trade this pick. Please.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I really would like them to take a QB but the two best are going #1 and #2 it looks like. I wish I knew more about college ball. Anyone have an opinion on Jayden Daniels? If the Vikings trade up to #7 they might be able to get him and moving up 4 spots might not be a crazy deal to make.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 am
You don't think there will be anything worth while at pick #11? You will have the pick of the best player available for a position at that spot. We need help across the board. Based on the media 3 or 4 QBs should be picked which drops us down to No 8. There will be a stud at that spot. Stay there and take the stud. Fans want a QB but top level players at another position can help greatly. A shut down CB or big time pass rusher would be a nice addition. A dominate IDL player is also needed. A big play safety like Hamilton would be great IMO.
You miss my point... I was hoping for a higher pick. There will absolutely be talent available. However, if not a playoff team with a realistic chance at the SB.... Get the highest pick available for trading value or BPA
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 am
You miss my point... I was hoping for a higher pick. There will absolutely be talent available. However, if not a playoff team with a realistic chance at the SB.... Get the highest pick available for trading value or BPA
I did miss your point. My bad.