Hicks has surgery — Vikings to sign Anthony Barr

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Hicks has surgery — Vikings to sign Anthony Barr

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Linebacker Jordan Hicks underwent a procedure Sunday night and remained hospitalized Monday, according to the Vikings.

Hicks developed compartment syndrome — a condition where pressure increases within a muscle compartment — after bruising his shin in the first half of Sunday's 27-19 victory over the Saints.
Hicks initially exited the game on the Saints first drive. He returned after halftime but did not finish the game. Head coach Kevin O'Connell said when swelling increased after the game, team officials decided to transport him from U.S. Bank Stadium to a local hospital. There Hicks had a procedure and remained hospitalized Monday afternoon.

The Vikings plan to sign veteran linebacker Anthony Barr to their practice squad, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported on Monday, per a source.

Barr also visited with the Eagles Monday but decided to return to Minnesota.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
makila
Franchise Player

Re: Hicks has surgery — Vikings to sign Anthony Barr

Post by makila »

Just saw this and was posting when I saw yours already here.

Hicks ended up at hospital Sunday and had to have procedure done on shin. Hope he gets well. Sounded kind of serious. Been playing well.

Barr signed to ps after eagles brought him in too. Sounded like we swooped in under them, I'll take that alone. Haha.

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Let’s see what Flores can get out of Barr. Or if there is anything left, must be something if they took him from the Eagles.
This was a surprise signing for me. I had to check the date on the post to make sure it wasn’t old news.
I didn’t think Zimmer played Barr to his strength.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

IMO losing Hicks is a big loss. How many lost players can we keep on going next man up with? JJ, Kirk, Hicks......
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:11 am IMO losing Hicks is a big loss. How many lost players can we keep on going next man up with? JJ, Kirk, Hicks......
I agree, the team sure seems to be bitten by the injury bug this year.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Vikings linebacker Jordan Hicks has been released from a local hospital after treatment for compartment syndrome on his right shin, per the team. Great news. Kevin Seifert

Hicks was playing well and he seemed to be the leader for Flores. That's just a guess on my part.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:14 pm Vikings linebacker Jordan Hicks has been released from a local hospital after treatment for compartment syndrome on his right shin, per the team. Great news. Kevin Seifert

Hicks was playing well and he seemed to be the leader for Flores. That's just a guess on my part.
Unfortunately the timetable on recovering from surgery to repair compartment syndrome is four weeks or more. I’m bummed about this. Hicks’ career has been rejuvenated under Flores. He’s one of the strongest leaders on the team, and he’s played really well. Hope we can get him back by the time we face the Lions.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Hicks got moved to IR today. Which I was expecting that.
Barr is wearing Kendrick’s old number.