Kwesi press conference Kirk, Cleveland and Dobbs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Kwesi press conference Kirk, Cleveland and Dobbs

Post by CharVike »

Not a bad watch.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Kwesi press conference Kirk, Cleveland and Dobbs

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Every time I watch Kwesi I feel like he says a lot but says nothing. "All options are in the table, we want to be intentional, Cleveland, analytics, numbers, process."
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:12 pm Every time I watch Kwesi I feel like he says a lot but says nothing. "All options are in the table, we want to be intentional, Cleveland, analytics, numbers, process."
You're correct he did say nothing. Using process over and over gets old. He acts like he invented process. But I do give him credit for year 2. Just reaching out and grabbing Dobbs in a snap of the finger shows something. Getting Risner was a great move. He's solid and brings a nasty attitude. Getting a pick for Ezra was great. Solid players surrounded by a few studs will work. He almost has that on the OL. Ingram just needs to become better at pass protection and we will be golden. I believe that will happen. Plus we are getting bigger. Darrisaw looks like a different man. Addison is tremendous and has zero drops. He's just getting started. He barley knows the NFL game at this point. I like what he said about Kirk and the way he works. And of course his process. But every word you put up there we will hear over and over. That's what he is. The self proclaimed smartest man in the NFL. He needs to use that and start nailing some later round draft picks and keep the early round momentum moving forward. No more trade downs please. That won't work. One last thing he communicates with his players and listens to his coaches. That's key for getting on the same page. Unlike the last 2 we had for a decade.
Last edited by CharVike on Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:12 pm Every time I watch Kwesi I feel like he says a lot but says nothing. "All options are in the table, we want to be intentional, Cleveland, analytics, numbers, process."
He discretely gives out only necessary information regarding signings and negotiations. That is the right approach, fans don’t have a need to know every detail. All coaches and GM’s say nothing of substance.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:07 am
You're correct he did say nothing. Using process over and over gets old. He acts like he invented process. But I do give him credit for year 2. Just reaching out and grabbing Dobbs in a snap of the finger shows something. Getting Risner was a great move. He's solid and brings a nasty attitude. Getting a pick for Ezra was great. Solid players surrounded by a few studs will work. He almost has that on the OL. Ingram just needs to become better at pass protection and we will be golden. I believe that will happen. Plus we are getting bigger. Darrisaw looks like a different man. Addison is tremendous and has zero drops. He's just getting started. He barley knows the NFL game at this point. I like what he said about Kirk and the way he works. And of course his process. But every word you put up there we will hear over and over. That's what he is. The self proclaimed smartest man in the NFL. He needs to use that and start nailing some later round draft picks and keep the early round momentum moving forward. No more trade downs please. That won't work.
Self proclaimed smartest man in the NFL? You’re watching something entirely different than I am.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StanM wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:16 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:07 am
You're correct he did say nothing. Using process over and over gets old. He acts like he invented process. But I do give him credit for year 2. Just reaching out and grabbing Dobbs in a snap of the finger shows something. Getting Risner was a great move. He's solid and brings a nasty attitude. Getting a pick for Ezra was great. Solid players surrounded by a few studs will work. He almost has that on the OL. Ingram just needs to become better at pass protection and we will be golden. I believe that will happen. Plus we are getting bigger. Darrisaw looks like a different man. Addison is tremendous and has zero drops. He's just getting started. He barley knows the NFL game at this point. I like what he said about Kirk and the way he works. And of course his process. But every word you put up there we will hear over and over. That's what he is. The self proclaimed smartest man in the NFL. He needs to use that and start nailing some later round draft picks and keep the early round momentum moving forward. No more trade downs please. That won't work.
Self proclaimed smartest man in the NFL? You’re watching something entirely different than I am.
He claimed to be the smartest when hired. I watched it and that's why I posted it.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:22 am
StanM wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:16 am

He claimed to be the smartest when hired. I watched it and that's why I posted it.
Do you recall what press conference that was? I don't recall that and figured it'd a huge talking point if he said that. Best I could find from him close to related to what you said was the following in his initial press conference:
"The job is about making decisions, building consensus in the building, combining different sources of information into one answer and having everybody behind it," Adofo-Mensah said. "Along those lines, I don't think there's many people more qualified than I am, just my background on Wall Street, having the emotional stability to make those decisions at a high level, be accountable to yourself and kind of learning and growing from that standpoint, that's an education that I'll never fully appreciate."
I'd be curious if he had another claiming to be the smartest man in the NFL. That'd be ballsy in my view.
i'm ready for a beer.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:48 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:22 am
Do you recall what press conference that was? I don't recall that and figured it'd a huge talking point if he said that. Best I could find from him close to related to what you said was the following in his initial press conference:
"The job is about making decisions, building consensus in the building, combining different sources of information into one answer and having everybody behind it," Adofo-Mensah said. "Along those lines, I don't think there's many people more qualified than I am, just my background on Wall Street, having the emotional stability to make those decisions at a high level, be accountable to yourself and kind of learning and growing from that standpoint, that's an education that I'll never fully appreciate."
I'd be curious if he had another claiming to be the smartest man in the NFL. That'd be ballsy in my view.
I would be shocked if KAM ever claimed he was the smartest man in the NFL, especially given he's accomplished nothing yet as a GM. It's one thing to brag when you've actually accomplished something of note, and another to brag when you have nothing to back it up other than your own opinion of yourself. So I highly doubt that someone who talked about emotional stability, personal accountability, and personal development would claim to be the smartest when hired. Maybe some interpreted his remarks in that way, but I've never heard or read anything like that from KAM.

He does speak in generalities at times, as does KOC. I think in the end that just underlines the distance between a plan and the results the plan produces on the field. Even sound plans and great culture can't insulate a team from the negative impact of things like injuries, critical missed calls, bad luck, etc.