Marcus Davenport to IR.. Kene activated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Marcus Davenport to IR.. Kene activated

Post by CharVike »

What a shock. High ankle sprain. Kene Nwangwu has been activated to the 53 man roster. Maybe he can return a KO for a TD on Monday. Had 2 last season which is impressive.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Marcus Davenport to IR.. Kene activated

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:36 am What a shock. High ankle sprain. Kene Nwangwu has been activated to the 53 man roster. Maybe he can return a KO for a TD on Monday. Had 2 last season which is impressive.
Davenport was cheap as potential impact free agent defensive ends go, and this is the reason he was available. The move to acquire him was high reward with a well-understood risk he'd be sidelined due to injury. As much as it sucks that the move hasn't paid off, I don't fault KAM for making it as it doesn't hurt his ability to make a bigger move in the future at the position.

I think we also just have to face the fact that the 2023 Vikings won't be very good without the offense performing better than it has. The team's success this year was never going to come down to the defense being all that good. The hope was it would be better than last year's defense, but I think even the most optimistic projections still had them as a bottom half defense overall, which is what they have been with or without Davenport being on the field. His loss isn't fatal any more than his presence was essential.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Marcus Davenport to IR.. Kene activated

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Davenport is a bust. He was before KAM drafted him (injuries) and he always injured now, doesnt matter if he has talent and doesnt see the firld. Esp. when he was overpaid.