Open to trading Kirk

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Open to trading Kirk

Post by IIsweet »

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Open to trading Kirk

Post by VikingLord »

Can they trade Hockenson? Probably wouldn't be many takers for him at this point but he's been awful so far this year.

I wonder what the Vikings could get in trade for Cousins or Hunter at this point? Both would be basically short term rentals who will demand substantial deals next year. Desperation drives some teams to do dumb things of course, but I can't see the Vikings getting more than a 2nd rounder for either right now.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

That article is about who is going to backup Kirk if Mullens is out. KOC doesn't mention trading Cousins at all.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Cliff wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:53 pm
That article is about who is going to backup Kirk if Mullens is out. KOC doesn't mention trading Cousins at all.
Let this year's draft pick back him up. He was Sloter of pre season. Kirk has a no trade clause contract. Why is that so hard to understand. Any Superbowl contender has a QB. The rest of the teams are juggling at QB but they don't care it's over for them. This 1st pick for a QB is nonsense also. Look how great Young is. We destroyed him with our junk D. No OL don't help which will be a problem for any QB we draft.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:18 pm
Cliff wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:53 pm

Let this year's draft pick back him up. He was Sloter of pre season. Kirk has a no trade clause contract. Why is that so hard to understand. Any Superbowl contender has a QB. The rest of the teams are juggling at QB but they don't care it's over for them. This 1st pick for a QB is nonsense also. Look how great Young is. We destroyed him with our junk D. No OL don't help which will be a problem for any QB we draft.
Kirkobaby can ask for a trade anytime he wants one. Which might happen soon if he sees a team that can get to a SB. JJ might want a trade too after this year. Who knows. Idiot KAM couldnt seal the deal with JJ when they had time to.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:18 pm
Kirkobaby can ask for a trade anytime he wants one. Which might happen soon if he sees a team that can get to a SB. JJ might want a trade too after this year. Who knows. Idiot KAM couldnt seal the deal with JJ when they had time to.
The 49ers and Eagles have their star QBs. The Lions already have a Superbowl QB. Seahawks, Rams, Cowboys and Saints are set. I don't see a contender needing a QB. Cousins is here until the end of the season. Fans will get what they want next year. Then we will get the next TJack, Teddy, Webb.. you get the picture. Then they will be hoping for 30+ TD passes. Maybe Teddy will come back. I already seen it once. That was enough for me.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

If Carr can't stay healthy I could see Kirk going to Saints. If Patriots get desperate enough with the Mac daddy or Jets with Wilson, they could make a move. Indy if they keep winning some how? Other than that...probably not likely.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

cmoss84 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:52 pm If Carr can't stay healthy I could see Kirk going to Saints. If Patriots get desperate enough with the Mac daddy or Jets with Wilson, they could make a move. Indy if they keep winning some how? Other than that...probably not likely.
When Mac fell to us I was hoping we would pick him. He's been beyond bad this season. He looked promising as a rookie. Maybe the NFL figured him out or the Pats O just sucks. Indy just signed one of our castoff draft picks K Mond.