Lions Beat Chefs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Lions Beat Chefs

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I will always call them the Chefs because of the commercial. If you're too young to know the commercial ask your Dad. I wouldn't put much stock in the Lions winning that game. Kelce and Jones didn't play. That's like playing the Vikings with Jefferson and Hunter out. The Chefs still would have won if not for a dropped pass turning into a pick 6. They're still the Lions.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Lions Beat Chefs

Post by VikingLord »

I didn't watch the entire game, but Mahomes didn't look all that sharp to me. Either that, or the Lions got more pressure on him than the Chiefs expected (and from what I gather, a lot of people thought the Chief OL got away with a lot of holding that wasn't called).

Regardless, I am not happy about the outcome of that game for a different reason - that reason being, I picked the Chiefs -5 in the Pick Four... :ripple:

As far as the Lions go, they've been winning a lot since the end of last season. They return most of an offense that appears to be clicking even if its not generally overwhelming, and if their defense can keep up the relative level of play they showed against KC last night, they may very well be the team to beat in the North. Even more interesting, the Vikings get to play them twice over the last three weeks of the season, so if both teams surprise to the upside prior to that flurry to end the season, those games could be among the most impactful and interesting in the NFL.

I think the NFC North is going to be a very interesting division this year. In fact, I think the Packers might end up last in the division, and although I don't think the Bears are ready to compete for the North title, I think they're going to be a tough out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

There is a lot of discussion about the offensive lineman lining up in the backfield. Is that actually illegal? 7 players have to be lined up at the line of scrimmage but does it specify what positions?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:25 pm I didn't watch the entire game, but Mahomes didn't look all that sharp to me. Either that, or the Lions got more pressure on him than the Chiefs expected (and from what I gather, a lot of people thought the Chief OL got away with a lot of holding that wasn't called).

Regardless, I am not happy about the outcome of that game for a different reason - that reason being, I picked the Chiefs -5 in the Pick Four... :ripple:

As far as the Lions go, they've been winning a lot since the end of last season. They return most of an offense that appears to be clicking even if its not generally overwhelming, and if their defense can keep up the relative level of play they showed against KC last night, they may very well be the team to beat in the North. Even more interesting, the Vikings get to play them twice over the last three weeks of the season, so if both teams surprise to the upside prior to that flurry to end the season, those games could be among the most impactful and interesting in the NFL.

I think the NFC North is going to be a very interesting division this year. In fact, I think the Packers might end up last in the division, and although I don't think the Bears are ready to compete for the North title, I think they're going to be a tough out.
The Lions are just built right: super strong in OL and DL; some good skill position players; tough minded and with a coach they want to fight for. There's a lot to like about them. I don't love the idea of playing them twice in the last three weeks of the season.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:24 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:25 pm I didn't watch the entire game, but Mahomes didn't look all that sharp to me. Either that, or the Lions got more pressure on him than the Chiefs expected (and from what I gather, a lot of people thought the Chief OL got away with a lot of holding that wasn't called).

The Lions are just built right: super strong in OL and DL; some good skill position players; tough minded and with a coach they want to fight for. There's a lot to like about them. I don't love the idea of playing them twice in the last three weeks of the season.
I'm very much looking forward to it. We will possibly have to win both to win the division and I think we will be up to the task.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:14 pm

I'm very much looking forward to it. We will possibly have to win both to win the division and I think we will be up to the task.
It's actually likely to take our new D awhile to get up to speed, so it probably is best that we get both of those important games late in the season. Lots of young guys too that will need to gel.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:16 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:14 pm
It's actually likely to take our new D awhile to get up to speed, so it probably is best that we get both of those important games late in the season. Lots of young guys too that will need to gel.
I was thinking that myself. :govikes:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I agree with this. When you get both fronts that can play good football that is the best way to build a team. There OL is already one of the best. That kid Hutch is a play maker on the DL. At least you won't get totally dominated where nothing is happening. They went into KC and walked out with a win. We get to play them in our house and I would be happy with a win. A win is a win no matter how it happens. The North is wide open and the Packers have the best D which won't hurt them. If Love can play they become tough. If he can't then it's over.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Did you guys watch the game? The so called juggernaut lions offence put up 14 points against a chiefs D without their best player. Mahomes was throwing to XFL receivers and lions were gifted a pick 6 on a throw that hit Toney right in the hands. Kc had a ton of drops and no Kelce. Not impressed.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:45 am Did you guys watch the game? The so called juggernaut lions offence put up 14 points against a chiefs D without their best player. Mahomes was throwing to XFL receivers and lions were gifted a pick 6 on a throw that hit Toney right in the hands. Kc had a ton of drops and no Kelce. Not impressed.
Yes, I watched the game. It was sloppy, but KC is the defending champs. I didn't come away super impressed with the Lions from this one game, but rather with how they finished last season and the overall momentum they have. Their rookie Gibbs looks really explosive too.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:45 am Did you guys watch the game? The so called juggernaut lions offence put up 14 points against a chiefs D without their best player. Mahomes was throwing to XFL receivers and lions were gifted a pick 6 on a throw that hit Toney right in the hands. Kc had a ton of drops and no Kelce. Not impressed.
At first, I was incredibly skeptical of the Lions’ win. I mean, Kadarius Toney practically gift wrapped it for them.

But after watching the Vikings sh!t the bed at home against the Tampa Baker Mayfields, I realize we Vikings fans have absolutely no room to criticize any other team, especially one that won on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:18 am
At first, I was incredibly skeptical of the Lions’ win. I mean, Kadarius Toney practically gift wrapped it for them.

But after watching the Vikings sh!t the bed at home against the Tampa Baker Mayfields, I realize we Vikings fans have absolutely no room to criticize any other team, especially one that won on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs.
Not really criticizing the lions, however I’m not going to pump there tires on play that was self inflicted. Good for them they got the win, not ready to call them a good team yet.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson