Vikings bring back Mattison

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings bring back Mattison

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think Dalvin will be on the move soon.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings bring back Mattison

Post by Texas Vike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:52 pm

I think Dalvin will be on the move soon.
On Twitter Judd pointed out a key part of the timing here: Zeke was waived by the Cowboys and it likely indicated to the Vikes that they should be happy to accept a 6th / 7th round pick in exchange for Dalvin.

I think it's the right move. Mattison is ready to step up and I want to see what Chandler can do too.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

I like Marty. He may not be explosive as Cook. But Ge gets the 3-4 yards" every time cook runs the ball I fear the injury
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Foreman44 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am I like Marty. He may not be explosive as Cook. But Ge gets the 3-4 yards" every time cook runs the ball I fear the injury
I do as well. I always said, he's kind of like a poor man's Zeke. Just a grinder that isn't going to have a ton of explosive 70 yard runs but he's a true north south runner with power that will move the chains for you. If you look at any game he's started for Dalvin, he's played exceptional for the most part.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

The only way this makes sense is if Cook is leaving this year. Thats way too much money for a backup.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:13 pm The only way this makes sense is if Cook is leaving this year. Thats way too much money for a backup.
And at about $20 million, it’s FAR too much money for a RB room.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cut deadline passed; are we looking to trade Dalvin before the draft? Before the season starts?

It's also very interesting that we held onto Z, despite his showy social media leave-taking of MN.