5 non CB / non WR prospects @ 23

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

5 non CB / non WR prospects @ 23

Post by Texas Vike »

Interesting article worth reading:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/202 ... irst-round

Just watched some tape for Arkansas LB Drew Sanders. That kid is a baller and would make us instantly better on D. Paired w/ Asamoah we would go from slow and soft in the middle to fast and intimidating.

Thoughts on any of these prospects?
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 5 non CB / non WR prospects @ 23

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Sanders is the guy I want. If he is still there at 23, he will be BPA. I just love this guy. He hits harder and is quicker than either Kendricks or Hicks. This would be my dream pick. But KaM, thinking hes the smartest guy in the draft, just like last year, and trade the pick.
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

I hope another team drafts him, he is going to be a bust and you both will be glad Vikings did not draft him
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:33 am I hope another team drafts him, he is going to be a bust and you both will be glad Vikings did not draft him
Because?
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:43 am
MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:33 am I hope another team drafts him, he is going to be a bust and you both will be glad Vikings did not draft him
Because?
He is not that good, a 68 year old Scott Studwell would play better than him right now
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:53 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:43 am

Because?
He is not that good, a 68 year old Scott Studwell would play better than him right now
I wonder if you realize that comments like this actually hurt your credibility around here.

Somebody asked you a legitimate question, and you gave a wildly opinionated answer with absolutely no information, followed by a ridiculous comment about Scott Studwell that isn’t remotely funny.

I was kind of hoping you had some sort of actual insight into Sanders. Silly me, always the optimist.

Been at this board a long time, since 2006. The reason I keep coming back is that it’s typically got more informed, well-thought-out comments than just about any I’ve seen. It’s long been a place for (mostly) solid, intelligent conversation. So if you have some information about Drew Sanders that we may not have seen or heard, by all means please share. Contribute to the collective knowledge. Otherwise, I’m sorry to say your opinion about Sanders is worth about the same to me as my 6-year-old granddaughter’s opinion on unicorns.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I am watching the Combine, and I would love to be able to do a couple of things.
According to PFF.... Again PFF
Trade Cook to MIA for 84
Trade Z to NE for 107.
Then trade up for CJ Stroud at #4-6
I am more impressed with this kid than anyone, however, Anthony Richardson is UNBELIEVABLE at the combine.
So I would trade up for him also.
Now, if they wanted to stay with Kirk for a couple years, that's fine but you better load up on youth on the defensive side of the ball, add a G and a C. Add a WR also in the draft. Next year target a QB in the draft over the next 2 years. Gotta get a young QB with great veteran players getting paid.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Give me CJ Stroud all day !!!

Btw, Tanner McKee sux
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

IIsweet wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:45 pm I am watching the Combine, and I would love to be able to do a couple of things.
According to PFF.... Again PFF
Trade Cook to MIA for 84
Trade Z to NE for 107.
Then trade up for CJ Stroud at #4-6
I am more impressed with this kid than anyone, however, Anthony Richardson is UNBELIEVABLE at the combine.
So I would trade up for him also.
Now, if they wanted to stay with Kirk for a couple years, that's fine but you better load up on youth on the defensive side of the ball, add a G and a C. Add a WR also in the draft. Next year target a QB in the draft over the next 2 years. Gotta get a young QB with great veteran players getting paid.
So did Ponder and he ended up being a bust, hard pass on Richardson and no team is going to give a 3rd round pick for Cook who only played 1 full season in 6 years, Cook would get a 5th round pick at best
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Wow Mr Minus !!! Above the trade to Miami for 84 it says... According to PFF !!! Then highlight the following line???
Also, Richardson is in a completely different league than Ponder. You obviously have not watched or have any idea here because you are comparing the most athletically gifted QB ever to Christian Ponder... Seriously???
Better off watching what's going on than making a comment like that.
This guy is arguably the best athlete to ever be at the combine.

And you compare him to Christian Ponder
Lmao 🤣🤣🤣

That's why they pay coaches. To coach this type of athlete. Again, give me CJ Stroud all day. But, damn it would be amazing to have a Anthony Richardson in the wings
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

IIsweet wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:07 pm Wow Mr Minus !!! Above the trade to Miami for 84 it says... According to PFF !!! Then highlight the following line???
Also, Richardson is in a completely different league than Ponder. You obviously have not watched or have any idea here because you are comparing the most athletically gifted QB ever to Christian Ponder... Seriously???
Better off watching what's going on than making a comment like that.
This guy is arguably the best athlete to ever be at the combine.

And you compare him to Christian Ponder
Lmao 🤣🤣🤣

That's why they pay coaches. To coach this type of athlete. Again, give me CJ Stroud all day. But, damn it would be amazing to have a Anthony Richardson in the wings
I guess you forgot Ponder and Richardson are both quarterbacks from Florida so hence the comparison so you are nuts for wanting another Florida quarterback after drafting Ponder who became a bust and like I said no team would trade a 3rd rounder for Cook, I can not believe you take mock drafts seriously, oh, I see that Cook is going to be traded for a first rounder in the mock draft so it is going to happen! :-|
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Seriously...
Who can take mock drafts seriously. It is fun. However, a lot of times it gives you insight as to who players are and approximately when players are projected to be taken.
Between Ponder and Richardson, they played at 2 different schools, different eras, and have pretty much nothing in common.
Just note that this time you are wrong. It happens.
Will Richardson be a bust? Who knows? He is even more athletic than Cam Newton. Yes, he struggles with accuracy. Yes he has areas to improve upon, but his physical tools are maybe the best ever for a QB.
Do you take a chance on that?
I would
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:19 am Seriously...
Who can take mock drafts seriously. It is fun. However, a lot of times it gives you insight as to who players are and approximately when players are projected to be taken.
Between Ponder and Richardson, they played at 2 different schools, different eras, and have pretty much nothing in common.
Just note that this time you are wrong. It happens.
Will Richardson be a bust? Who knows? He is even more athletic than Cam Newton. Yes, he struggles with accuracy. Yes he has areas to improve upon, but his physical tools are maybe the best ever for a QB.
Do you take a chance on that?
I would
It is a fun. Does it really matter if Richardson had the best vertical leap in the combine history? Richardson accuracy is beyond bad. Everyone always print well "Josh Allen was fixed" and yes I guess that's true although it didn't show against us but people forget how many had accuracy problems that where never fixed. Newton would still be playing today but his accuracy problem was never fixed. Winston never fixed his problem. Richardson played as a starter one year and he was up and down. How is that even considered a 1st round guy? He's a project. Don't waste 1st round picks on that. People look for the sexy pick. Pick the best player. G Torrence will be the best when we pick. That's a day one starter who can pass and run block. That's hard to find. Plus he's big. You won't see him pushed into the backfield.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Char.. Torrence is a plug and play LG. I would be ecstatic if we took him. I just wonder though.... We need, imo, to trade down a few picks, pick up some picks and solidify the interior OL and defense with youth. If it was possible to get JMS at C and a future LG... Not to mention numerous defensive players, the draft is a success.
Having been all about this time of the year, I hope to accumulate a bunch of 3rd rd picks. A defense with Asamoah, Dorian Williams and another LB like Ivan Pace, Jack Campbell, Trenton Simpson, or Darryl Henley would be incredible for the next 4-5 years. Add a couple DBs and this makeover is in full effect while still very competitive right now
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:39 pm Otherwise, I’m sorry to say your opinion about Sanders is worth about the same to me as my 6-year-old granddaughter’s opinion on unicorns.
I'd be a more receptive audience to your grand daughter, Kapp. :lol:

Well said. This board has some good posters who tend to defend an opinion with substance/ evidence/ or at least rationale. We don't all agree always, obviously, but at least there's a certain level of intelligent discourse.