Donatell Gone

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Donatell Gone

Post by CharVike »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:55 pm

I don’t know why you think Pettine is getting the job. By the looks of it, he’s not even in the conversation right now given they are going hard after evero and Flores
Evero is gone, Evero just accepted the Panthers job, I do not blame him since Vikings defense is a HUGE job to fix so it is now Flores or Pettine
Flores isn't heading for the Denver interview for nothing. I'm sure most of the talk has already happened. He's heading there to sign the papers.
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

CharVike wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm
MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Evero is gone, Evero just accepted the Panthers job, I do not blame him since Vikings defense is a HUGE job to fix so it is now Flores or Pettine
Flores isn't heading for the Denver interview for nothing. I'm sure most of the talk has already happened. He's heading there to sign the papers.
Not so fast because Flores have an interview with the Broncos on Tuesday and then he will have his 2nd interview with the Cardinals on Wednesday
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:05 pm
Not so fast because Flores have an interview with the Broncos on Tuesday and then he will have his 2nd interview with the Cardinals on Wednesday
I didn't realize he was getting a 2nd interview with the Cards. Thanks for clearing that up.
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

CharVike wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:50 pm

I didn't realize he was getting a 2nd interview with the Cards. Thanks for clearing that up.
You are welcome although if Flores bombs both interviews with Broncos and Cardinals then he is most likely going to the Vikings unless he does not want to do the huge task of fixing the #31 defense then Flores is going to return to the Steelers
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Fun fact about Flores - he's suing the Broncos, or sued and it was settled behind the scenes. I don't think I'd have as generous of an attitude about that as the Broncos appear to have (what's a little lawsuit among friends). Here is part of what the suit is/was about. Denied by the Broncos needless to say.

Flores' suit alleges that he experienced another "sham interview" in 2019 with the Broncos. The lawsuit alleges that Broncos then-general manager John Elway, CEO Joe Ellis and others arrived an hour late to the interview and appeared "disheveled" and "it was obvious that they had [been] drinking heavily the night before."
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

cogitator wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm

Fun fact about Flores - he's suing the Broncos, or sued and it was settled behind the scenes. I don't think I'd have as generous of an attitude about that as the Broncos appear to have (what's a little lawsuit among friends). Here is part of what the suit is/was about. Denied by the Broncos needless to say.

Flores' suit alleges that he experienced another "sham interview" in 2019 with the Broncos. The lawsuit alleges that Broncos then-general manager John Elway, CEO Joe Ellis and others arrived an hour late to the interview and appeared "disheveled" and "it was obvious that they had [been] drinking heavily the night before."
Interesting but at least Flores do not have to worry about Ellis since he stepped down last year and Elway is just a consultant now
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I guess this is the best place to post this, from Albert Breer.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/06/ten-t ... ayton-mmqb

Sounds like the Vikings were outbid and evero is getting paid stupid money.

• Timing was of the essence in the Panthers swooping in to steal Ejiro Evero from the Vikings over the weekend. Minnesota had been hot after the former Broncos DC for weeks, and Carolina was able to come in and outbid the Vikings for his services, and do it fast enough to where the Rams wouldn’t be involved—in the case the Rams lose Morris to the Colts, Evero, who worked for Sean McVay from 2017 to ’21, was going to be their top target.

• Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell will now likely turn to Flores, who actually was just starting to work as a Patriots lieutenant when New England drafted O’Connell in 2008. But hiring him will probably have to wait, with Flores’s second interview with the Cardinals set for Wednesday.

• Good on Denver for letting Evero pursue other opportunities. It seems as if Seattle assistant Sean Desai, an old Vic Fangio disciple, is well positioned for the Broncos job, but I’ve had multiple people wonder aloud to me if Payton might take a swing at luring Mike Zimmer, whom he worked with in Dallas, over to Denver from Boulder, where Zimmer is working for Deion Sanders.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Im afraid we will end up with Petitine. He wasnt even good as an assistant. Typical Vikings.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:15 pm Im afraid we will end up with Petitine. He wasnt even good as an assistant. Typical Vikings.
We got Flores, thankfully!
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:03 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:15 pm Im afraid we will end up with Petitine. He wasnt even good as an assistant. Typical Vikings.
We got Flores, thankfully!
Right, I just heard that. Good news, the worst people say about him is he is aggressive.Exactly what we will need.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I’m glad we at least got Flores, so we can start moving forward.
Hopefully this upcoming year we will have people playing to their strengths and being more aggressive. Be interesting to see who is pursued and who is let go for cap space.