Cook or Mattison?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Cook or Mattison?

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:23 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:53 pm

The only answer I can see is blow the IOL up. A lot of talking heads are saying the same thing. Its like some people ignore Cousins is taking hit in every passing play. I would be KAM picks a IOL before a defensive player is drafted. The Wilfs will not allow any type of a rebuild, other then their competitive rebuild, which FAILED. Now we should start the process of a real rebuild. Put the blame on wasting a year on the Wilfs.
What makes you say it failed. We won the division. Isn't that competitive. So if we dump 50 pct of the roster would that be a rebuild. If you bought season tickets would you be pissed if they cut that many players. I'd want a refund. So if you have a half filled stadium the wilfs would lose money. Then the corporate income. It gets beyond my thought.
The bigger picture failed. We won a weak as$ division. 13 wins is meaningless when you are what the media said you are.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Neither.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:23 pm
What makes you say it failed. We won the division. Isn't that competitive. So if we dump 50 pct of the roster would that be a rebuild. If you bought season tickets would you be pissed if they cut that many players. I'd want a refund. So if you have a half filled stadium the wilfs would lose money. Then the corporate income. It gets beyond my thought.
The bigger picture failed. We won a weak as$ division. 13 wins is meaningless when you are what the media said you are.
The media claims many things. Calling a division weak is an opinion. I wouldn't call the South or the West strong divisions. The East is probably the best so the Eagles should walk to the Super Bowl. They still need to win a couple games. In the big picture we changed the entire organization and won the division with 13 wins. Our team is handcuffed with some bad contracts and no cap space. The injury bug hit us big time. All teams have injuries but we were down to our 3rd string center. Our RT was out and we were down to 3rd stringer Olli who sucks because our swing T was out who also sucks. Our LT missed time. We were playing some street guys at CB. I think the big picture is clearer now than over the past decade. Hopefully they fire Donatell and we get rid of this pos 3-4 heavy and step up to the modern world again. The forward pass was introduced along time ago. Give our players a chance.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:58 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:05 pm

The media claims many things. Calling a division weak is an opinion. I wouldn't call the South or the West strong divisions. The East is probably the best so the Eagles should walk to the Super Bowl. They still need to win a couple games. In the big picture we changed the entire organization and won the division with 13 wins. Our team is handcuffed with some bad contracts and no cap space. The injury bug hit us big time. All teams have injuries but we were down to our 3rd string center. Our RT was out and we were down to 3rd stringer Olli who sucks because our swing T was out who also sucks. Our LT missed time. We were playing some street guys at CB. I think the big picture is clearer now than over the past decade. Hopefully they fire Donatell and we get rid of this pos 3-4 heavy and step up to the modern world again. The forward pass was introduced along time ago. Give our players a chance.
It sure looked like Udoh played fine to me. What specific plays did you see him negatively impact the team?
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:53 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:08 pm
I saw both Bradbury and Ingram get pushed around during the Giant game. IMO I'm not sold on Darrisaw. He has missed many games. And he screwed up our 4th down conversion. money won't fix it. Teams keep good OL players. For the most part. I don't know the answer.
The only answer I can see is blow the IOL up. A lot of talking heads are saying the same thing. Its like some people ignore Cousins is taking hit in every passing play. I would be KAM picks a IOL before a defensive player is drafted. The Wilfs will not allow any type of a rebuild, other then their competitive rebuild, which FAILED. Now we should start the process of a real rebuild. Put the blame on wasting a year on the Wilfs.
Watch Ezra on the last play of the game. Kurt Warner broke down the last play and would have thrown it to KJ in the middle, but just watch what happens to Ezra on the play. I have never ever been a fan of him at Guard. He was drafted as a Tackle and then moved. That was always a head scratcher to me. I agree 100% with some and blow it up on the IOL. However, I do think Ingram has a chance. Just 22 and a rookie. He needs to get stronger and learn how to anchor against those big DT's.
Bradbury and Cleveland suck IMO. I would absolutely let them both walk this offseason. Problem is that you have to replace them.
If I am GM, I would cut or restructure Thielen and pay him as a #3/4 WR behind JJ and KJ, maybe Nailor. I would release EK, Hicks, and Harrison.
I would probably restructure Kirk, and maybe Cook, adding 1 year and with this $ I would go sign a LG and a Center. 2 players alone to me can make the difference if you go get a couple dudes. It will be expensive but will make a ton of difference. Imagine Cousins with time to throw.