Wild Card Weekend: Giants @ Vikings predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Wild Card Weekend: Giants @ Vikings predictions

Post by IIsweet »

I very much agree with you Viking Lord, but I am just preparing myself for a Donatell defense next season. I would love for a new DC, but I don't know if they are going to make him a 1 and done coordinator. However, we do have a new GM in Kwesi, and he may see it very differently and say that this was unacceptable. The playoffs could be crucial for his future.
I just expect that he will be allowed to stay. It is extremely disappointing though watching the 20th ranked pass defense, 31st ranked run defense, and #25 overall!!
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:46 am I very much agree with you Viking Lord, but I am just preparing myself for a Donatell defense next season. I would love for a new DC, but I don't know if they are going to make him a 1 and done coordinator. However, we do have a new GM in Kwesi, and he may see it very differently and say that this was unacceptable. The playoffs could be crucial for his future.
I just expect that he will be allowed to stay. It is extremely disappointing though watching the 20th ranked pass defense, 31st ranked run defense, and #25 overall!!
I think Donatell is pretty much gone after the season but then again, Kwesi might give Donatell another chance to see if Donatell can improve the defense next year but I am 75% sure that Donatell is gone after the season so we will see what happens
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

This will be a matchup that could provide a big problem for us. I never realize how good Dexter Lawerence is and found this. He had 63 pressures second at his position, 28 quarterback hits is tied for second and a career-high 7.5 sacks in a Pro Bowl campaign. This guy will be tough to block. If he splits Reed and a G that won't be good. Reed needs to have his best game along with our Gs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just saw that Bradbury was a full participant in practice and could be starting. That will be huge for us. We really need him back. Reed was put in a tough spot. Center is a key spot on the OL.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:18 pm This will be a matchup that could provide a big problem for us. I never realize how good Dexter Lawerence is and found this. He had 63 pressures second at his position, 28 quarterback hits is tied for second and a career-high 7.5 sacks in a Pro Bowl campaign. This guy will be tough to block. If he splits Reed and a G that won't be good. Reed needs to have his best game along with our Gs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just saw that Bradbury was a full participant in practice and could be starting. That will be huge for us. We really need him back. Reed was put in a tough spot. Center is a key spot on the OL.
IIRC, the entire Giants starting DL is composed of former first round picks that they drafted, so there is a lot of talent there for sure. Lawrence is good, as are the rest of that DL.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

By Christopher Gates Jan 13, 2023, 1:30pm CST
Here’s a breakdown of the things that Kevin O’Connell said in his press conference today, per reporters on social media:

Dantzler is “going through something serious” and the team is behind him.
No reason to think that Harrison Smith won’t play.
Garrett Bradbury will start at center, while Blake Brandel is “a candidate” to start at right tackle in Brian O’Neill’s absence.
Brandel will be available on Sunday, so the Vikings will have to officially activate him and make a corresponding roster move to put him on the main roster.
Nwangwu is a late add to the injury report with an illness. Ty Chandler is listed on the team’s official depth chart as the #2 kick returner in the event that Nwangwu can’t go.
Those are your final injury reports of the week, folks! We’ll continue bringing you coverage of this one as we get closer to kickoff.
============================================================
Getting Bradbury back is great news. At least Brandel is available. We can't let this Giant team control the LOS.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:41 am
IIsweet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:46 am I very much agree with you Viking Lord, but I am just preparing myself for a Donatell defense next season. I would love for a new DC, but I don't know if they are going to make him a 1 and done coordinator. However, we do have a new GM in Kwesi, and he may see it very differently and say that this was unacceptable. The playoffs could be crucial for his future.
I think Donatell is pretty much gone after the season but then again, Kwesi might give Donatell another chance to see if Donatell can improve the defense next year but I am 75% sure that Donatell is gone after the season so we will see what happens
Donatell can't survive this pos he put out there. He almost cost us that Giant game. How can you allow that joke offense to march down the field on their last drive. They have one player and it's a RB. He let the guy beat him. That's with a 3-4 heavy with a DL stacked with NTs. Barkley average 1.5 yac against the Lions, 2.6 against the Hawks, 3.1 against the Eagles. He's not unstoppable. He has players playing out of position. One example is DE Patrick Jones II the kid isn't a LBer. He doesn't have the movement to ever play that position at an acceptable level. If all he does is blitz his side of the field is empty. Easy completions. Today the Giants will do the same stuff either hand it to Barkley or dump it off to him. You can't ask for anything easier than that. He needs to be fired first thing once this ends. We are getting worse on D as the year rolls along. The complete opposite of what the expectation has to be. The learning curve BS no longer exists.
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:58 am
MossCarterJefferson wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:41 am

Donatell can't survive this pos he put out there. He almost cost us that Giant game. How can you allow that joke offense to march down the field on their last drive. They have one player and it's a RB. He let the guy beat him. That's with a 3-4 heavy with a DL stacked with NTs. Barkley average 1.5 yac against the Lions, 2.6 against the Hawks, 3.1 against the Eagles. He's not unstoppable. He has players playing out of position. One example is DE Patrick Jones II the kid isn't a LBer. He doesn't have the movement to ever play that position at an acceptable level. If all he does is blitz his side of the field is empty. Easy completions. Today the Giants will do the same stuff either hand it to Barkley or dump it off to him. You can't ask for anything easier than that. He needs to be fired first thing once this ends. We are getting worse on D as the year rolls along. The complete opposite of what the expectation has to be. The learning curve BS no longer exists.
Donatell has to be gone tomorrow morning after the embarrassment of the defense today! :puke: