James Lynch out the next 2 weeks...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

James Lynch out the next 2 weeks...

Post by CharVike »

The Minnesota Vikings have been dealing with a rash of injuries this season and it isn’t slowing down. Per The Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling, defensive end James Lynch will miss the rest of the regular season with a shoulder injury.
Lynch has been a valuable rotational piece for the Vikings and has been improved from last year due to a shift in scheme. Lynch has 31 tackles, 2.0 sacks and 1.0 tackles for loss this season.
Source confirms the #Vikings will be without defensive tackle James Lynch for the final two regular season games because of a shoulder injury. There’s hope he can get back for the playoffs.
10:51 AM · Dec 26, 2022
I guess Lynch is a DE/DT/NT basically Mr everything.
In his place, backup nose tackle Khyiris Tonga will be getting more snaps in pass rush situations as well as rookie defensive end Esezi Otomewo, who just played 18 snaps on Saturday.
I'm sure they are scanning every practice squad for another NT to help out.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: James Lynch out the next 2 weeks...

Post by Lash Man »

Hope he heals up quickly because Defensive Line is a big need for the Vikings . I also feel that Tonga has a high upside and makes plays whenever he gets his opportunity .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Lash Man wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:58 pm Hope he heals up quickly because Defensive Line is a big need for the Vikings . I also feel that Tonga has a high upside and makes plays whenever he gets his opportunity .
Tonga is one of my favorite players on the team. As you noted, he makes a lot of plays when he's out there. I don't know if he is dominant per se, but he's the kind of player and depth a competitive team needs to make a run.

I like Lynch for the same reason. Just puts on his hat and goes to work and does a good job. Not a guy who is going to get a lot of glory or press, but a guy who shows up and makes good things happen. He should be ready for the playoffs which is when they're going to need him.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Gotta give them credit for picking up Tonga and Shelley.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:11 pm Gotta give them credit for picking up Tonga and Shelley.
And TJ. Some great on the fly pickups for sure.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:11 pm Gotta give them credit for picking up Tonga and Shelley.
And TJ. Some great on the fly pickups for sure.
Yeah I wasn't a fan of his draft especially the first round but some of his moves since then have been masterful.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.