Vikings @ Commanders post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Re: Vikings @ Redskins post game

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:48 am
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:27 pm Hey all, 1st post here. Long time Vikes fan. All the way back to when i was a young boy sitting on granpa's knee watching SB 6 crying.. I was crying because the Steelers were kickin the #### outta the vikings. Didn't help that Dad and uncle were lettin me have it all throughout the game. (Bears Fans) Been threw a lot supporting this team. Lost a pretty penny wagering on this team as well. :D Just some of my credentials for you.

Anyway, short and sweet. Didn't get the game, saw they were loosin 17-7 8) . Had the bears game on watching the score feed. !7-10 skins then, 17-17 :shock: . Checked the score a few min later and 20-17 Vikings win. :shock: :D . Still waitin on that start to finish take control and finish in dominant fashion game from them. Thought it would come after the bye week against the Cards. If not, then this week against the Redskins. Um, still waiting 8)

Clearly the next four weeks is where it's at with this team. I'm gonna go out on the limb here. Vikes come out of Buffalo with the win. Establish some credibility in the league on the "UH OH!!!" Level. The Vikings are 7-1 but, they don't scare anyone in the league yet. But, i am sure teams have taken notice of their resilience thus far.

Yes, they will always be the Redskins to me. After all we have a Highschool here in Illinois that is still allowed to use the so-called "slur" as a mascot name. With no opposition to it. I might add.
Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see new people on here.
Belated gratitude !! Been following these boards during the season for a few years now. Some of the posters that been round here might wanna work on gettin a thicker internet skin. Just an observation on some of the in fighting/ bickering and what not.
Skol
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:28 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:48 am

Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see new people on here.
Belated gratitude !! Been following these boards during the season for a few years now. Some of the posters that been round here might wanna work on gettin a thicker internet skin. Just an observation on some of the in fighting/ bickering and what not.
😂 At the end of the day it's all in good fun.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:43 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:28 pm Belated gratitude !! Been following these boards during the season for a few years now. Some of the posters that been round here might wanna work on gettin a thicker internet skin. Just an observation on some of the in fighting/ bickering and what not.
😂 At the end of the day it's all in good fun.
True Dat! :) I'm diggin the "waterboy" rank already :D BTW
Skol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Foreman44 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:24 am
I just don't understand why you would go there. Is it possible. Yeah............... But we're 7-1. It's incredibly unlikely we go on a 4 game losing streak. Think Positive. More like 4-0 or 3-1 over that stretch.
I am not trying to be negative. Just saying th e next four games will show us how good.

If Allen doesn’t start buffalo will be a little better'
For us, But I hope he does, Cowboys, jets will be just as hard. New England tough... would love to see us 3- 1.. it will take the question out of it,

I drank the Purple kool aid a lot of yrs. We could easily have 3-4 losses as. Well. I am hoping for Coca Cola. The real thing
This year's Vikings have a way of pulling wins out of our a$$es like today. 0-4 is out the window. It's going to end up 3-1.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:28 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:44 pm

I am not trying to be negative. Just saying th e next four games will show us how good.

If Allen doesn’t start buffalo will be a little better'
For us, But I hope he does, Cowboys, jets will be just as hard. New England tough... would love to see us 3- 1.. it will take the question out of it,

I drank the Purple kool aid a lot of yrs. We could easily have 3-4 losses as. Well. I am hoping for Coca Cola. The real thing
This year's Vikings have a way of pulling wins out of our a$$es like today. 0-4 is out the window. It's going to end up 3-1.
Viking V.

I think you are right. I don’t know if it’s the Lions, Bears, Saints, Buffalo, Dallas. They are going to be nail biter wins, or losses.

They are not the 98 Vikings with culpepper kicking butt, easy wins. Every week, but that team didn’t make it to the SB wouldn’t it be funny if this team that could be 5-4. Instead of 8-1.did..

We are finding ways to win, let it continue for another 11 games.

Dallas will Showa lot as well.

We probably won’t kick there butts, but a win would’ve sweet

Closing. we best a bunch of lower level teams lucking out with wins with all. It’s great being 8-1. This win was big

Glad Allen played hard, looked tough.
I saw this game as the game that would show if we were real. We beat a bunch of bad teams. This showed we could. The Cow pukes this week
Will add more. If
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

SOOOOO, just how bad are the Washington Commanders? They just beat the undefeated Eagles !!!
Stop with the "a bunch of bad teams" crap already.
It's the NFL. Every player is there for a reason. Every coaching staff is trying to win. Every player is attempting to execute every play. Pay attention to how NFL players react after EVERY win !!!
I don't recall seeing many teams win a game, and the locker room is just "ho-hum" because they were expected to win.
We as fans expect the outcome due to records, but the game is still the game every single week !
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:55 am SOOOOO, just how bad are the Washington Commanders? They just beat the undefeated Eagles !!!
It's the NFL. Every player is there for a reason. Every coaching staff is trying to win. Every player is attempting to execute every play. Pay attention to how NFL players react after EVERY win !!!
I don't recall seeing many teams win a game, and the locker room is just "ho-hum" because they were expected to win.
We as fans expect the outcome due to records, but the game is still the game every single week !
We did beat a lot of bad teams. Trying to look st it realistically, not as a Viking diehard) Half of them could have beat us, or should have,,, For me yesterday’s game was important, especially with Allen at QB...if he didn’t play it would look like Miami without Tua....

Next week a win over the cowpukes, or even a close game Weill speak a lot.

The Bills game took a lot of question marks,

As I mentioned previously.... maybe we are a team when playing good teams or bad teams. The win or even a loss wii be a wire to wire determination,

I hope I am wrong this week. I hope we demolish the Cowboys. The cowpukes and pukers are my most despised. teams. Followed by Patriots, Seattle...

For me this Buffalo game spoke a lot... Should Buffalo have won, probably.. But could say the same the same for the Vikings.But good teams find a way to win......
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:55 am SOOOOO, just how bad are the Washington Commanders? They just beat the undefeated Eagles !!!
The 2022 Eagles remind me a lot of the 2021 Cardinals. Run option team with a QB who likes to take off and does a lot of damage with his legs along with some heave throws. Tough offense to defend out of the gate but as the season wears on and teams start to get dialed in on tendencies that type of offense becomes much easier to defend. Not easy to defend, but easier to defend. And I also think turning a QB into a running back and letting him take the hits a running back takes on a regular basis is not smart over the course of a long season. It wears the QB down. Younger QBs tend to wear down slower than older QBs, but even they start to wear down. Hurts doesn't look as explosive as a runner as he did earlier in the season.

The Eagles are still a good team and should make the playoffs, although their division is a strong one, but I can see that team starting to take some steps back.

As far as the Commanders go, they have a very solid defensive line and can run the ball. I think their QB situation is what will hold them back, but as you note, that is not a bad team at all. That is a good team that lacks consistent QB play and offensive explosiveness, but if they get ahead of you they can sit on you and run out the game. The fact the Vikings came back on them in an away game for the Vikings nonetheless is a lot more impressive than the face value records of the two teams would suggest at first.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Not surprisingly, I’m going to give you the “glass half full” view of our season. It turns the “beat bad teams” narrative on its head.

Green Bay (W) — “The Pack is back” the talking heads say. “They’ll still make the playoffs.” If so, we dominated a playoff team.
@Philadelphia (L) — Definitely a playoff team.
Detroit (W) — Beat the Packers.
@Saints (W) — Yep. Pretty bad team.
Bears (W) — Not a good team, but beat San Francisco’s “best roster in the NFL.”
@Miami (W) — Beat the AFC East leader on their field in 120-degree heat, something Buffalo couldn’t do.
Arizona (W) — Beat a talented team that could still make the playoffs.
@Washington (W) — Went on the road and beat the Commanders, who then went on the road and beat the undefeated Eagles. Also gave the Commies their only loss in their past 5 games.
@Buffalo (W) — Went on the road and beat everybody’s Super Bowl favorite.

Just to vent, I am SO SICK of the narrative that the Vikings haven’t beaten anybody. Even the Buffalo victory, the national talking heads are saying the Bills choked it away and refuse to credit the Vikings.

This team has met every challenge put in front of them. When it all gets sorted out, I’m confident the Vikings will be Kings of the North and very possibly the No. 1 seed in the NFC. That’s the narrative here.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Foreman44 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:58 am
We did beat a lot of bad teams. Trying to look st it realistically, not as a Viking diehard) Half of them could have beat us, or should have,,, For me yesterday’s game was important, especially with Allen at QB...if he didn’t play it would look like Miami without Tua....

Next week a win over the cowpukes, or even a close game Weill speak a lot.

The Bills game took a lot of question marks,

As I mentioned previously.... maybe we are a team when playing good teams or bad teams. The win or even a loss wii be a wire to wire determination,

I hope I am wrong this week. I hope we demolish the Cowboys. The cowpukes and pukers are my most despised. teams. Followed by Patriots, Seattle...

For me this Buffalo game spoke a lot... Should Buffalo have won, probably.. But could say the same the same for the Vikings.But good teams find a way to win......
I love it. My exact names for these two teams. The Patriots are also my 3rd most despised team, but that is pretty toothless now that Brady is no longer there.