8-1

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

8-1

Post by IIsweet »

F**k Yeah
SKOOOOOOL

Probably getting in trouble, but Hell to the Yesssss
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 8-1

Post by Maelstrom88 »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:49 pm F**k Yeah
SKOOOOOOL

:ripple:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:59 pm
IIsweet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:49 pm F**k Yeah
SKOOOOOOL

:ripple:
:ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

:banana: :beerock: :banana: :beerock:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This team is so clutch in the 4th quarter.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

How about them Vikings. Defense bends but comes up with monster plays over and over. And how about Kirk? The doubters can take a hike. Two dumb throws, a little shaky at points in the game, but was an absolute savage in the 4th quarter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some absentees this week!

Hell of a game, gotta be game of the year! SKOL BABY
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:39 pm How about them Vikings. Defense bends but comes up with monster plays over and over. And how about Kirk? The doubters can take a hike. Two dumb throws, a little shaky at points in the game, but was an absolute savage in the 4th quarter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some absentees this week!

Was thinkin the same thing. Gotta go down as game of the year 4 sure. "Tough" to top that is an under statement.
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -----MENNNNNNNNN !!!!!
Skol
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I never thought Vikings would be 8-1 with a new general manager and a new head coach, I have to give Kwesi and O'Connell a ton of credit! :thumbsup:
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Kirk is doing enough to win games and is earning his keep. I wonder though, just how much would KAM and KOC like to have an athletic QB at the helm also ?
Btw, JJ made one of the best plays I have ever seen in my life. Un-freakin-buh-leev-able
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:39 pm How about them Vikings. Defense bends but comes up with monster plays over and over. And how about Kirk? The doubters can take a hike. Two dumb throws, a little shaky at points in the game, but was an absolute savage in the 4th quarter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some absentees this week!

Posted this in the Vikings-Bills postgame thread, but it bears repeating:

Kirk Cousins on 3rd & 4th down:
12-of-18
220 yards
12.2 YPA
1 TD
0 picks
127.1 passer rating

Josh Allen on 3rd & 4th down:
3-of-10
77 yards
7.7 YPA
0 TDs
1 pick
19.6 passer rating

The man has become clutch. There is no other way to put it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

The Bills definitely pressured Kirk yesterday, but his pocket seemed much better than previous games.
Don't get me wrong, they got to him at times, but Kirk definitely delivered on the big stage yesterday !
Has to feel good in that locker room after all those years of Zimmer Ball !!!
Love the new regime !!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

And just like that, the evil Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Washington Commanders.

Put another way, the haters say the Vikings have beaten backup quarterbacks. Meanwhile, Philly just lost to a backup quarterback. At home. To a 4-5 team.

Your Minnesota Vikings are now tied for the best record in the entire NFL. Eat sh!t, haters!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

Beating the Bills at home...

I still can't believe it. :confused:
Tene Quod Bene
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 am And just like that, the evil Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Washington Commanders.

Put another way, the haters say the Vikings have beaten backup quarterbacks. Meanwhile, Philly just lost to a backup quarterback. At home. To a 4-5 team.

Your Minnesota Vikings are now tied for the best record in the entire NFL. Eat sh!t, haters!
Who are the haters you keep fuming about? What is a hater? Someone that will criticize something about the Vikings? Someone who isnt as enthusiastic as you are when the Vikings win? Just enjoy the win and dont worry what a few others think. They have just as much right to post here as you do.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:00 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 am And just like that, the evil Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Washington Commanders.

Who are the haters you keep fuming about? What is a hater? Someone that will criticize something about the Vikings? Someone who isnt as enthusiastic as you are when the Vikings win? Just enjoy the win and dont worry what a few others think. They have just as much right to post here as you do.
I don't think he's talking about members of the board ... or maybe I'm hoping he isn't. Everywhere in the media and power rankings the Vikings have been dinged for not beating anyone, or just being very lucky, and basically just not really being a very good team. They're *still* ranked 9th at walterfootball.com

https://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php
9. Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings (8-1) - Previously: 11.
Overrated NFL Team: See why the Vikings are an overrated NFL team in our Overrated-Underrated page.
The Vikings are extremely lucky to be 8-1. They got the Packers when Green Bay was missing countless starters. They made a comeback versus a Detroit team that suffered a ton of injuries during the game. They squeaked by the Saints even though New Orleans was missing its starting quarterback, running back, and top receiver. They also couldn't generate any offense in the second half against the Bears, save for the final drive. There was that ridiculous Miami game in which the Dolphins legitimately outgained the Vikings by 224 yards. Two weeks ago, they beat Arizona in a 50-50 game where the Cardinals were missing four offensive linemen. And this past Sunday, Minnesota barely got by the Redskins. The Vikings have a solid offense and an above-average defense, so I don't necessarily think that makes them a top-10 team. There was a huge disparity between them and the Eagles.

bUt TeH vIkInGs BeAt TeH bIlLs! Sure, but not really. The Bills were 99 percent to win that game on multiple occasions. If Josh Allen didn't fumble the center exchange on the attempted sneak, the Bills would have run out the clock, and there would never have been an overtime. The Bills were up double digits for a good portion of that game, so I don't think Minnesota's victory in Buffalo was very impressive, especially considering that the Bills were dealing with so many injuries.