Week 9: Vikings @ Commanders predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Week 9: Vikings @ Commanders predictions

Post by Foreman44 »

Vikings 27-24. A last second fg for the win
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Foreman44 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:38 pm Vikings 27-24. A last second fg for the win
Joseph is going to miss it, he has not been good this year
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I think its going to be close, like most of our games are, with a late FG to win it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I found this interesting from the Atlantic.
Last week, in a conversation with reporters, O’Connell cited the rushing attack as a way his offense could improve after the bye. He was less than satisfied with the unit thus far. He believed another level existed.
Meeting with the team ahead of Sunday’s game against the Cardinals, O’Connell doubled down on the importance of the run game.
“It was huge,” center Garrett Bradbury said. “We wanted to establish the line of scrimmage and dent the defense a little bit.”
I'm a firm believer in winning the LOS first and taking control of that piece. We need to dent this WFT defensive front and then things will fall into place.
One other part of the article I thought was good to read was pushing back to second level.
Working quickly, Bradbury and left guard Ezra Cleveland double-teamed the defensive lineman in front of them, pushing him all the way back to the second level. Afterward, realizing their impact, Bradbury sprinted over to Cleveland and leaped at him in celebration.
https://theathletic.com/3749808/2022/11 ... -dantzler/
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

IIsweet wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:48 pm I want the Vikings to win, but do have some concerns. Here is my list of things that I think we need to be wary of:
1) Washington DT's Allen and Payne vs MIN Bradbury, Ingram, Cleveland... this scares the crap out of me. They also have Sweat on the outside and apparently Chase Young is back to practice this week. The DT's though are going to wreak havoc on us and Cousins is not very mobile... I expect that we have more moving pockets this week.
2) Antonio Gibson vs our LB... He can get into space and run by our guys. This is something that is a concern to me. Not Robinson running downhill, but more Gibson out of the backfield on outlet passes, etc.
3) Terry McLaurin... PP will probably be tasked to hang with him, but man is he fast! Another speed guy that always hurts us.

To me though it's all about #1, the Washington DT's.
Even with my serious concern here...
Vikings 20 (TD's to JJ and TJ)
Washington 17
Hey Check that out !!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:31 am
IIsweet wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:48 pm I want the Vikings to win, but do have some concerns. Here is my list of things that I think we need to be wary of:
1) Washington DT's Allen and Payne vs MIN Bradbury, Ingram, Cleveland... this scares the crap out of me. They also have Sweat on the outside and apparently Chase Young is back to practice this week. The DT's though are going to wreak havoc on us and Cousins is not very mobile... I expect that we have more moving pockets this week.
2) Antonio Gibson vs our LB... He can get into space and run by our guys. This is something that is a concern to me. Not Robinson running downhill, but more Gibson out of the backfield on outlet passes, etc.
3) Terry McLaurin... PP will probably be tasked to hang with him, but man is he fast! Another speed guy that always hurts us.

To me though it's all about #1, the Washington DT's.
Even with my serious concern here...
Vikings 20 (TD's to JJ and TJ)
Washington 17
Hey Check that out !!!
Nailed it. Not just the score, but in the analysis. Their DTs gave us fits, just like you called. Gibson wasn’t a huge factor, but who knew EK and Hicks would suddenly turn into Benjamin Button and age backwards?!

Great job outta you, my guy!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:33 pm
IIsweet wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:31 am

Hey Check that out !!!
Nailed it. Not just the score, but in the analysis. Their DTs gave us fits, just like you called. Gibson wasn’t a huge factor, but who knew EK and Hicks would suddenly turn into Benjamin Button and age backwards?!

Great job outta you, my guy!
Appreciate it Kapp. Now on to this week, and we may be dodging a major bullet in Josh Allen might be missing this game ???
Holy Smokes. Again though, the Buffalo DT's are relentless and just get after it !!! Ed Oliver is a BEAST