Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:15 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:02 pm

I'm shocked he included QB as a position that had no one available that would be a significant upgrade. Isn't Sam Darnold available.
It's throwing shade at Cousins. As if quarterback is a position of need at the trade deadline.
But he also failed because he said nobody available was an upgrade.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:50 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:15 pm
It's throwing shade at Cousins. As if quarterback is a position of need at the trade deadline.
Who failed? I have a realistic view of the QB and know that at near the midpoint of the season, even if upgrading that position with a trade would have the biggest impact on this team's chances to win the SB, there isn't anyone realistically available via trade who would be an upgrade. There are a number of QBs available who could be below average in passer rating, YPA and QBR throwing to a top 3 WR against one of the easiest defensive schedules in the league, but none them would turn this team into a real SB contender.

Just like there are a number of guards who could be giving up the most pressures and sacks in the NFL like Ingram, or the 6th most yards given up like Chandon Sullivan, or the 14th most like Dantzler. The other two positions that need a serious upgrade that isn't out there at the trade deadline.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:32 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:50 pm
Who failed? I have a realistic view of the QB and know that at near the midpoint of the season, even if upgrading that position with a trade would have the biggest impact on this team's chances to win the SB, there isn't anyone realistically available via trade who would be an upgrade. There are a number of QBs available who could be below average in passer rating, YPA and QBR throwing to a top 3 WR against one of the easiest defensive schedules in the league, but none them would turn this team into a real SB contender.

Just like there are a number of guards who could be giving up the most pressures and sacks in the NFL like Ingram, or the 6th most yards given up like Chandon Sullivan, or the 14th most like Dantzler. The other two positions that need a serious upgrade that isn't out there at the trade deadline.
5-1.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:47 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:32 am

5-1.
Yep, it is a flawless team and no trades needed. End of thread.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:35 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:47 am
5-1.
Yep, it is not a flawless team but no trades needed.
Fixed that for ya.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:04 am

Fixed that for ya.
He pretends to be a Vikings fan.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:07 am

Fixed that for ya.
Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's not a fan of the team. Enough of the "good fan/bad fan" stuff please.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Fixed that for ya.
I would agree with that. Not needed because there is nothing available that could fix those flaws.

The Vikings knew their flaws going into the season and Kwesi has stated he didn't feel this team was worth going all in on at the expense of future seasons. Despite the 5-1 start, my guess is he still feels that way, and it would require going all in at the expense of future seasons to make a significant trade.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:53 pm

Fixed that for ya.
I would agree with that. Not needed because there is nothing available that could fix those flaws.

The Vikings knew their flaws going into the season and Kwesi has stated he didn't feel this team was worth going all in on at the expense of future seasons. Despite the 5-1 start, my guess is he still feels that way, and it would require going all in at the expense of future seasons to make a significant trade.
Weren’t you one of those who scoffed at the idea of a competitive rebuild?

Look at the NFC right now. You’ve got Philly, New York, the Vikings, Dallas and Seattle with winning records. That’s it. Green Bay is coming apart at the seams. Tampa Bay might actually be worse than the Packers — Carolina is one game back in the NFC South. The Rams can’t score. San Fran is talented but underachieving. The Cardinals were on the brink of firing Kingsbury. Tell me the Vikings can’t get to the Super Bowl given the state of the NFC. You’ll never convince me until they’re actually eliminated.

With that in mind, how is quarterback a position of need? You dislike Cousins. OK fine. You’re far from alone. And he’s not getting any younger. But it’s not a position of need for 2022. To say that is to put hatred for Cousins ahead of what’s in the best interests of the 2022 Vikings.

Going forward, changes will be needed. Harrison Smith, Eric Kendricks, Patrick Peterson, Adam Thielen, etc. … these guys are nearing the end and will need to be replaced at some point soon. But for now, Kwesi’s idea of a competitive rebuild looks more like a reality than a pipe dream.

For 2022, I’d love to see the Vikings acquire a quality slot corner. Another deep threat at WR to go with JJ would certainly help. Maybe an actual in-line tight end who can both block and be a threat in the passing game. The question for Kwesi is how much draft capital is he willing to expend.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Whoa... this one kind of blows my mind, honestly:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Sources: The #Jets are making a big trade, acquiring #Jaguars RB James Robinson to help replaced injured RB Breece Hall. Draft pick compensation is going back to the Jags.
The other big news of the day was that the Colts are pulling Matt Ryan in favor of Sam Ehlinger (Hook 'em, horns!).
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:06 pm Whoa... this one kind of blows my mind, honestly:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Sources: The #Jets are making a big trade, acquiring #Jaguars RB James Robinson to help replaced injured RB Breece Hall. Draft pick compensation is going back to the Jags.
The other big news of the day was that the Colts are pulling Matt Ryan in favor of Sam Ehlinger (Hook 'em, horns!).
Wow!

The Colts just can't get it right at quarterback, can they? Jacoby Brissett, then Philip Rivers, then Carson Wentz, then Matt Ryan. Now Sam Ehlinger. You would think a former quarterback like Frank Reich could find an answer, but I guess not.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

What is our biggest position of need of an upgrade? I know we have very little cap room , but we are in a position of contention and if we can get better somewhere we should sure try.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Well, if the Vikings were looking to trade for a QB, the Pats would probably be willing to give up Mac Jones. :lol:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:27 pm The Vikings can't afford to add anyone and there isn't really anyone available who is a significant upgrade at their positions of need: Guard, QB and CB.
You are way too high on our roster.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:07 am
Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's not a fan of the team. Enough of the "good fan/bad fan" stuff please.
I'm not talking good fan/bad fan. It has nothing to do with agreeing with him or not. I don't believe he is a Vikings fan. I think he's a fan of himself. I could be wrong.