Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Saying cook is washed up is just dumb IMO. Completely different style offense that isn’t centered around a RB (something we’ve been use to for how many years now? Dating back to AP). No less we’re making that claim after a blowout where the RB (for any team) is pretty much fizzled out of the game. Just a poor assessment if you ask me
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 pm Bad coaching, bad QB play, bad drops, bad defense, bad all around. With the play calling tonight, I don’t care who was back at QB, nothing would’ve changed. It’s typical for the usual haters to center it around one player but in the end, not a single player on the field tonight played well. And the coaching and lack of adjustments was just as bad. On both sides of the ball.
Someday Kirk will get a play caller who will be able to help Kirk succeed. Not SB winning coaches McVay or Kubiak, not coach of the year Stefanski, someone else right?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:55 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 pm Bad coaching, bad QB play, bad drops, bad defense, bad all around. With the play calling tonight, I don’t care who was back at QB, nothing would’ve changed. It’s typical for the usual haters to center it around one player but in the end, not a single player on the field tonight played well. And the coaching and lack of adjustments was just as bad. On both sides of the ball.
Someday Kirk will get a play caller who will be able to help Kirk succeed. Not SB winning coaches McVay or Kubiak, not coach of the year Stefanski, someone else right?
There he is, twisting away my words. Did you see the part where I said, bad QB play? But unfortunately everyone probably had to listen to you whine tonight about one person. Glad I had you foed!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I don’t go into hiding when the QB (more so team) plays bad. I assess it just like I would anything else. Then there’s you that hides when he plays well because you have very little to contribute. That’s not me.

Outside of Cam Dantzlers tackling ability, EVERYONE was bad tonight. Coaches, players, offensive and defensive philosophy, etc. I know it’s tough for you to point the finger at anyone but cousins, it’s seemingly all you know how to do, but it’s just reality. Sometimes you just have to face it
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:04 pm
I don’t go into hiding when the QB (more so team) plays bad. I assess it just like I would anything else. Then there’s you that hides when he plays well because you have very little to contribute
You mean you are right here to make excuses for why your QB played like poop.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:06 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:04 pm

I don’t go into hiding when the QB (more so team) plays bad. I assess it just like I would anything else. Then there’s you that hides when he plays well because you have very little to contribute
What excuses did I make? Because I also said the play calling was bad on BOTH sides of the ball? ON TOP of saying bad QB play? I was only suppose to do it the stump way and say, it’s all cousins fault right? Say the defense played great right? Say the skilled players played great right? Say the coaching and the adjustments made were excellent right?

You have selective eye sight. You just see what you want to see. You’re trying to make this into something it’s not because this is who you are. A measly little troll that manipulates. EVERYTHING was bad tonight. Top to bottom. Get that through your head! Stop trying to split hairs and stop acting like a child
-Chazz Palminteri
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I haven’t posted here in years cause of the infighting amongst these posters. However I check in her once in a while to take the temperature of the fans.
One thing is clear, Cousins will never win a Super Bowl. He cannot shake the stigma of not winning in prime time for whatever reason. I remember Chilli not coming out of a particular defense against the Patriots and sticking with it. Patriots ran like 11 times and kicked our ####. Same thing tonight. We got outcoached bigly……and ugly.

For those still in cousins corner, give it up. It’s over. He was terrible in the big moment at this point in his career. It over.
This won’t get any better until there is significant change at QB. Hopefully the new leadership will see this…..
And if I hear the word “collaboration “or any variation of that word again…..I’m going to puke.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This team could be a Super Bowl contender. If they only played on Wednesday. Broadcast on Lifetime network.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

S197 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:51 am This team could be a Super Bowl contender. If they only played on Wednesday. Broadcast on Lifetime network.
Talent just isn’t there. I wouldn’t be surprised if lions show there the 2nd best team in this division next weekend.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

allday1991 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:41 am
S197 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:51 am This team could be a Super Bowl contender. If they only played on Wednesday. Broadcast on Lifetime network.
Talent just isn’t there. I wouldn’t be surprised if lions show there the 2nd best team in this division next weekend.
Who’s the first? :confused:
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am

We are right now. Packers hit the road to face the Bucs which will be a little more difficult than the Bears and we are at home vs the Lions. I think we stay in first.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Well, that sucked.

Remember when KOC said he wanted Cousins to play with a quiet mind? Looked more like somebody turned the amp to 11 and threw away the volume knob. Not a good game for Kirk, especially when Philly started blitzing.

Made a few notes during the game, but honestly there’s no sense talking about most of them. I’ll just say this. As bad as the Vikings played, they could’ve won this game. They had all kinds of chances with the blocked FG, Hicks’ interception for first-and-goal, etc. But red zone mishaps cost us. All of Cousins’ picks came when the Vikings were in plus territory, two in the end zone.

Also, the media needs to stop gushing about Green Bay’s DBs. Philly’s are miles better.

Speaking of DBs, it looks like Pat Pete may have signed on for one year too many. Man he looked slow. So did Eric Kendricks.

Final thought. No need to overreact. We aren’t as bad as we showed this game, just as we aren’t as good as we showed against the Pukers. Hopefully KOC, Donatell and the players learn from this. People love the Hard Knocks Lions. They still can’t stop anybody, and they haven’t played a road game yet. Time to get right. I’ll be in the stadium wearing my vintage Chuck Foreman jersey. SKOL!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:12 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:06 pm
What excuses did I make?
These escuses:
With the play calling tonight, I don’t care who was back at QB, nothing would’ve changed.
Is this not an excuse? If I had come on here after the Packers game and said Kirk played good but any QB could have with how wide open JJ was, that would be an excuse for his playing well, right?
You have selective eye sight.
I just see through what you are doing.
You just see what you want to see. You’re trying to make this into something it’s not because this is who you are. A measly little troll that manipulates. EVERYTHING was bad tonight. Top to bottom. Get that through your head! Stop trying to split hairs and stop acting like a child
The irony...You get all personal and attack people online because your favorite football team lost and I am the child? Correction, because the QB you have defended after years of failures failed again, not because the Vikings lost. Your very first post tonight was to go after the "haters" and make excuses for the QB they "hate".
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:10 am

We are right now. Packers hit the road to face the Bucs which will be a little more difficult than the Bears and we are at home vs the Lions. I think we stay in first.
I think and hope you are right. I just don't know how the Packers score on that Bucs D and we should beat the Lions at home.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Packers will win first.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson