Vikings trade 7th round pick for Raiders' QB Nick Mullens

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings trade 7th round pick for Raiders' QB Nick Mullens

Post by CharVike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:46 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm
Culpepper wasn't on bad teams. He had two HOF WR's and R Smith sitting back there. Plus his OL was very good. Birk at center, Dixon and Stringer on the right and Stuessie and Lacina. Dixon and Stringer were over 700 ILBs and that was decades ago. They wore teams out. Pep was a mental midget and that did him in. The Giants confused him easily when he was shut out in the 2001 champ game. Moss made stiff QBs look good. That's a lot of O talent no matter how you slice it.
No, I mean terms, not teams, Culpepper wanted out after Vikings wanted him to rehabilitate in Minnesota because they were not satisfied with his level of treatment in Florida so Culpepper refused their request and asked Vikings to trade him or release him so he went out on bad terms
I'm sorry I misread your post. Culpepper was also his own agent which didn't help his cause. That's the last thing he needed. I forgot about the rehab stuff. He was a distraction more than anything else. Another swing and miss selecting a first round QB for our team.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:32 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:46 pm

No, I mean terms, not teams, Culpepper wanted out after Vikings wanted him to rehabilitate in Minnesota because they were not satisfied with his level of treatment in Florida so Culpepper refused their request and asked Vikings to trade him or release him so he went out on bad terms
I'm sorry I misread your post. Culpepper was also his own agent which didn't help his cause. That's the last thing he needed. I forgot about the rehab stuff. He was a distraction more than anything else. Another swing and miss selecting a first round QB for our team.
Yup, exactly!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:32 pm
Yup, exactly!
Culpepper was very talented and if he had stayed healthy would be considered our 2nd best QB ever. My opinion and of course nobody can prove it either way.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:56 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 pm

Yup, exactly!
Culpepper was very talented and if he had stayed healthy would be considered our 2nd best QB ever. My opinion and of course nobody can prove it either way.
Look how many post there were concerning the best stiff to play backup QB. You would get some arguments.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:56 pm
Look how many post there were concerning the best stiff to play backup QB. You would get some arguments.
Of course I would.