49ers week

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

49ers week

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://thevikingage.com/2021/11/27/min ... ry-report/

All 4 starting Dlineman are out. Depth will be tested. They've drafted a lot of defensive lineman the past few years. Time to see whether they were worth the investment. If they win this game I believe they'll make the playoffs.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 49ers week

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I think the power of the offense will keep us in the game.

The 49ers offense is decent, borderline good, but I think Justin Jefferson, Dalvin Cook, and Adam Thielen will be too much for them.

On defense, containing and confusing either Trey Lance or Jimmy G.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

D-line depth will definitely be tested for the Vikings. The good news is that Armon Watts has played very well this year, putting up more tackles (28), sacks (3.0) and forced fumbles than his more expensive teammate, Dalvin Tomlinson (26, 1.5, 0). The question is whether James Lynch can handle a starting role. He’s been pretty good in sub packages … now he needs to step up further. We’re all assuming Sheldon Richardson will step in at DE. That was a surprise to Green Bay, but it won’t be for San Francisco. What will Kyle Shanahan do to try and take advantage of his inexperience?

Overall, I believe the Vikings are the better team, but the offense is going to need to be efficient because I believe SF will win the TOP battle.

If the Vikings were at full strength, I’d feel pretty confident given the way the offense is performing. But being severely undermanned and on the road, I’m worried. A lot.

Win this game, and getting to 9-5 isn’t far-fetched with Detroit, Pittsburgh and Chicago coming up. Lose, and all the old questions start to surface again. This has been a season of 2-game losing streaks (2) and 2-game winning streaks (2). Time to break through with 3 straight. SKOL!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Hitting the road out west is never a good thing. The 49ers have a decent team. They look like a 8 to 10 win team that will compete for a wildcard spot. Jimmy G can play some good football. But he can't carry a team like Rodgers or Brady. They let Colt McCoy beat them. We are similar as we let some stiff from Dallas beat us. I expect the 49ers to try and run the ball which should be successful for them. Then they will hit some passes. Our offense is up in the air. If it's a dump off to Ham game then we don't have a chance. He needs to help with the blocking and nothing more. We should go in there and use our players Cook, Jefferson and Theilen so of course that won't happen. We also need to limit the holding calls or drives will stall. I don't think we win this but wouldn't be shocked if we did. Basically a flip of the coin game and I can't argue much with either call. Home field gives the 49ers an advantage although it's not overwhelming.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

This game is obviously just as big as the Puckers game not only because of the playoff implications but I kind of consider the 49ers non divisional rival.

I got to be honest, I don't feel as emotionally invested some reason for this game. I think I used them all on last weeks game. I think it'll comeback just in time for game day.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

One thing we can count on. If we win it will be close.