Packers-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Really hoping Everson Griffen is okay. Scary stuff this morning.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am Really hoping Everson Griffen is okay. Scary stuff this morning.
Me too. Mental health is nothing to mess around with. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bringing Everson back is a mistake but prayers to Everson
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:33 pm Bringing Everson back is a mistake but prayers to Everson
Time and a place.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

2 pretty impressive wins by the Vikings, both against winning teams. When was the last time we could say that. Both good team wins. Nice to finally see the offense score in the 2nd half.

Still, stringing together two good games doesn't mean much to me, this season anyway. I still think the only way the Vikings get to the SB is getting HFA which means starting the season strong, staying strong, winning the close games. . And I still don't trust QB1 by any means. Again, my opinion.

I do want to make a comment. While JJ has been unbelievable the past two games, Thielen's catch was one of the best I've seen in a while, as impressive as OBJ's IMO
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:39 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am
I know what you meant. The guy for Dallas dropped the interception. That contributed to the loss. Bottom line if you want to win you need to make that play.
Yea I wanted to point out that the blocking was good on that play.
Your correct. He had good protection most of the day. They gave Darrisaw some help. He's a rookie that basically missed training camp. They should give the kid some help. I' m not knocking him either. LT is a tough position. Teams will go after a rookie.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am
The win and yes it's great to beat Rodgers only puts us at 500 which is pathetic. It's the worst spot to be in. Like many posted the year we started 1-5 we would be better off losing the rest and that was true. There is zero benefit with a 500 record. Lose them all and you get the pick of the best QB. The suck for Luck deal. Once you have that HOFer, like Rodgers, you can compete at a very high level and the rest of the team means nothing. Just make sure you can pass block well. That makes the ride much easier. The rules are setup to make passing easier. But you still need a guy who can throw it and that's not easy. The thrower will also need time to get back and do his thing which means you better pass block well. But if Zim gets fired it's no great loss. We have zero chance to win the division unless Rodgers gets hurt. He flushed that down the toilet long before this game. He don't attack teams with his offensive strength. He uses the offense to protect his defense. That's stupid football. But if he has another year on his contract he ain't gone anywhere. Unless of course the stadium is empty. Most feel the stadium will be sold out + regardless of the product put on the field. People like being at the stadium. I guess it's a tourist attraction. No more no less. That will help save Zim also.
Bull. We have a pretty clear chance to win the division easily. Keep winning and let the Packers die themselves.
We already have easily the best QB in the division. No need to suck for Luck.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:04 pm 2 pretty impressive wins by the Vikings, both against winning teams. When was the last time we could say that. Both good team wins. Nice to finally see the offense score in the 2nd half.

Still, stringing together two good games doesn't mean much to me, this season anyway. I still think the only way the Vikings get to the SB is getting HFA which means starting the season strong, staying strong, winning the close games. . And I still don't trust QB1 by any means. Again, my opinion.

I do want to make a comment. While JJ has been unbelievable the past two games, Thielen's catch was one of the best I've seen in a while, as impressive as OBJ's IMO
2017? Vikings shut down Packers 16-0 at Lambeau Field and defeated Saints twice in 1 season in season opener and playoffs
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:49 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:04 pm 2 pretty impressive wins by the Vikings, both against winning teams. When was the last time we could say that. Both good team wins. Nice to finally see the offense score in the 2nd half.

2017? Vikings shut down Packers 16-0 at Lambeau Field and defeated Saints twice in 1 season in season opener and playoffs
That's what I mean, it's been a while.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014