Peterson to IR

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Peterson to IR

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I was afraid of this.

From Vikings.com …
The Vikings will be without their most-experienced cornerback for the next few weeks.

Minnesota announced Monday that Patrick Peterson is going on Injured Reserve, a move that will force him to miss at least three games.

Peterson played 62 snaps but dealt with cramping issues late in the Vikings 34-28 overtime win over the Panthers in Week 6.

Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer said Monday that Peterson has a hamstring injury, but doesn't believe it will be season-ending.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Re: Peterson to IR

Post by S197 »

Does the bye count? Not sure if they go by weeks or games.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

S197 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:52 pm Does the bye count? Not sure if they go by weeks or games.
To my understanding the bye week doesn't count. :(

As Kirk Cousins said in South Park "Where will we go? What will we do?"
Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

S197 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:52 pm Does the bye count? Not sure if they go by weeks or games.
They go by games so bye does not count unfortunately.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Zim who has proven in the past with us that he can get a secondary to play good has his work cut out. He needs to come up with something better than Dantzler. No speed is the 1st problem but he don't even play hard or try. He's packed it in so all hope is gone. If Dak sees him on the field he'll be drooling and staring right at him. Let the scalping begin. I don't know who's next in line but he needs to get ready because he's about to get on stage I hope.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I feel bad for Peterson. He was generally playing well and I think had a chance to shine in some of these upcoming games.

Hopefully he can bounce back and get back on the field for the stretch run.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Why did they put him on IR so fast? It seem like it's serious.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am Why did they put him on IR so fast? It seem like it's serious.
Wonder if they are airing more on the side of caution. Resting him four weeks instead of three. He would have missed 3 games either way,
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am Why did they put him on IR so fast? It seem like it's serious.
Because it IS serious.

Peterson was interviewed on Tuesday. He said was hoping for a good prognosis from the team doctors — said he was pretty devastated when he got the news. First time in his career he’s ever gone on IR.

By putting him on IR now, he gets four weeks to heal for the price of three, thanks to the bye. We can hope he’s ready then, but hamstrings are tricky things. Dantzler needs to be ready to up his game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 pm
Because it IS serious.

Peterson was interviewed on Tuesday. He said was hoping for a good prognosis from the team doctors — said he was pretty devastated when he got the news. First time in his career he’s ever gone on IR.

By putting him on IR now, he gets four weeks to heal for the price of three, thanks to the bye. We can hope he’s ready then, but hamstrings are tricky things. Dantzler needs to be ready to up his game.
I thought it would be three games regardless if they did asap or waited until next week?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:36 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 pm
Because it IS serious.

I thought it would be three games regardless if they did asap or waited until next week?
You might be right.

Either way, his injury is severe enough to warrant IR. From what I understand, they did an MRI and concluded as such.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Really sucks. He seemed to be playing well for us. Zimmer needs to get Dantzler going.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.