Draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Draft thread

Post by dead_poet »

I genuinely might like the Packers draft more than the Vikings so far (and that's saying something).

1st: Trade up for Jordan Love
Piss off Aaron Rodgers
2nd: A.J. Dillon
3rd: Josiah Deguara

Just...phenomenal work. Keep it up!

-Love,

Vikings fans
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:26 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:19 pm Love the Dantzler pick. I think we should dip into free agency and grab someone like Darqueze Dennard or Kirkpatrick to get a good veteran in the room and this CB group looks very, very promising.
I do not really think either player is coming
If Kirkpatrick was coming we probably wouldn't have drafted Dantzler.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:16 pm I am guessing Vikings will draft defensive tackle next
OG or S are also options here.

OG: Lucas Niang, Biadasz, Netane Muti, Tega

S: Terrell Burgess or K'Von Wallace.

Or could go wildcard with Weaver/Eason
Well there goes Niang!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:19 pm Love the Dantzler pick. I think we should dip into free agency and grab someone like Darqueze Dennard or Kirkpatrick to get a good veteran in the room and this CB group looks very, very promising.
I dont think we have a true nickel still. Dennard and Kirkpatrick have both played nickel. Amik Robertson is still there but I dont see us taking another corner soon. I love the look of this CB group right now but I think they need a veteran in that room badly. Our "veteran" right now is Mike Hughes.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I wonder if Kline re-signs after the draft.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:33 pm
dead_poet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 pm

OG or S are also options here.

OG: Lucas Niang, Biadasz, Netane Muti, Tega

S: Terrell Burgess or K'Von Wallace.

Or could go wildcard with Weaver/Eason
Well there goes Niang!
Niang is too big to play G.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:35 pm I wonder if Kline re-signs after the draft.
I doubt it
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:34 pm

I dont think we have a true nickel still. Dennard and Kirkpatrick have both played nickel. Amik Robertson is still there but I dont see us taking another corner soon. I love the look of this CB group right now but I think they need a veteran in that room badly. Our "veteran" right now is Mike Hughes.
Agree on the need to find a veteran slot corner, surprised we let Alexander get away just as he was getting it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rick realizes 15 rookies aren't making the squad right?
ThePiper
Transition Player

Post by ThePiper »

S197 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:45 pm Rick realizes 15 rookies aren't making the squad right?
I like this strategy. Not going to lie.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Did Vikings traded back? If so what did they get in the trade?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Usually each year, I can find a Vikings pick where I'm like "ehhh not sure about that one". So far I'm very impressed. Two solid corners, Brian O'Neill 2.0 and a stud WR in Jefferson and we still have a ton of picks left.

I called it a few times before that we would have our pick of the litter at guard in the 3rd-5th rounds. I think only 2 have gone. Bummed Jackson went but still plenty of solid guards out there.

DT is getting very thin. Still like Khalil Davis.

If I had to choose this next 3rd rounder, I say Khalil Davis or Ben Bartch who would kick over to guard I think.

Or I would take any of the following guards:

Simpson
Lemieux
Dotson
Muti
Clarke
Bredeson
Stenberg
Adiniji
Runyan
Onwenu
Thockmorton

I know some wouldnt like this but we could very well continue to wait on guard given all the talent still out there.

I'm thinking Davis could be the pick. Hell, as crazy as this sounds, I wouldnt be opposed to Amik Robertson but 3 CBs is pretty crazy
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:47 pm Did Vikings traded back? If so what did they get in the trade?
No we're at 105
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:48 pm Usually each year, I can find a Vikings pick where I'm like "ehhh not sure about that one". So far I'm very impressed. Two solid corners, Brian O'Neill 2.0 and a stud WR in Jefferson and we still have a ton of picks left.

I called it a few times before that we would have our pick of the litter at guard in the 3rd-5th rounds. I think only 2 have gone. Bummed Jackson went but still plenty of solid guards out there.

DT is getting very thin. Still like Khalil Davis.

If I had to choose this next 3rd rounder, I say Khalil Davis or Ben Bartch who would kick over to guard I think.

Or I would take any of the following guards:

Simpson
Lemieux
Dotson
Muti
Clarke
Bredeson
Stenberg
Adiniji
Runyan
Onwenu
Thockmorton

I know some wouldnt like this but we could very well continue to wait on guard given all the talent still out there.

I'm thinking Davis could be the pick. Hell, as crazy as this sounds, I wouldnt be opposed to Amik Robertson but 3 CBs is pretty crazy
If Vikings draft Robertson then Vikings can figure out who can be the veteran slot corner
ThePiper
Transition Player

Post by ThePiper »

I will bet money to anyone, that if the Pats start Hoyer, they make the playoffs.